Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather To Pacquiao: No 50-50 and I'm Not Budging!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
    the debt was for 3.5 mil and his maybach was not repo'd. for a man who claims to deal in fact you sure leave a lot to be desired Mr ed. and so with pac being investigated by the irs and his home town gov, should he accept the 40 million from floyd and make more money that he has EVER made in a pro fight? seems to me he would accept all that money and pay his irs, gov and former accountants he borrowed money from. and where are all the jokes from *******s? when floyd owed the irs there were yuk yuks, all day. but now pac owes multiple en****** there is the "leave his personal life out of this" what a plentiful bunch of jokers.
    You have just about everything wrong, but lots of posters do. And, what do you mean by "claims to deal"? Not clear to me. I was quoting widely distributed news reports, which you seem to know about. I don't bother my head tracking down little bits of crap that these guys shed, I'm not that interested, I just like to chip in on posters' inaccuracies if they are egregious. Igo on the same news reports and direct quotes that everybody has seen, but which many remember poorly, I have a good memory.

I suppose that on occasion, like everybody else, I make a mistake, but unless I say so, I'm NOT speculating or making imaginary, slanted, defensive smokescreens.

Comment

• Originally posted by turbotime View Post
      I think it will happen only when Pac leaves TR.
      He doesn't need to leave Top Rank. He will just need money or Floyd will need money, or he or Floyd would just have fall off. And, it will happen. Because, even if he leaves Top Rank tomorrow....It isn't happen while both are relevant.

Comment

• If any fight ever deserved a 50/50 split its this one. This was never a problem until Pacquiao agreed o the drug testing, then all off sudden this becomes Mayweathers sticking point. Every time an obstacle gets cleared Floyd looks for another excuse. I've never seen any fighter so clearly duck another fighter the way Floydis doing. It's pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
          the debt was for 3.5 mil and his maybach was not repo'd. for a man who claims to deal in fact you sure leave a lot to be desired Mr ed. and so with pac being investigated by the irs and his home town gov, should he accept the 40 million from floyd and make more money that he has EVER made in a pro fight? seems to me he would accept all that money and pay his irs, gov and former accountants he borrowed money from. and where are all the jokes from *******s? when floyd owed the irs there were yuk yuks, all day. but now pac owes multiple en****** there is the "leave his personal life out of this" what a plentiful bunch of jokers.
          From the original published reports I don't think that MannyP is being "investigated" as such. The quoted reports from a lady official of the Tax Bureau itself specifically said that they were not accusing Mr. Pacquiao of doing anything wrong, but that they had asked for documentation on some of his income which they did not seem to have. In response, Pacquiao's said that the problem was only apparent, and had been caused by the fact that he'd recently moved to a different province. Pacquiao also said that he'd instructed his people to send them the required paperwork.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
            He doesn't need to leave Top Rank. He will just need money or Floyd will need money, or he or Floyd would just have fall off. And, it will happen. Because, even if he leaves Top Rank tomorrow....It isn't happen while both are relevant.
            Yeah it will. Bob Arums WWE Superstars arent fighting outside of his traveling circus.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              What I said is true he had very bad tax problems in the past, I didn't speak about his current situation except to say he is in better position, which he is~

3 million versus 14 million owed~ seems like a pretty big mistake to me when the one article which is linked to the one you posted made it clear the one was dealt with. Especially when you made a big deal about I back up what I say~

Are you really trying to argue this stupid tax shit, this isn't the IRS forum this is boxingscene. My point is clear and what I said is on point.

Negotiating is really about what position a person is in, if someone needs something they will settle while if they are in a better position they will try and get what they really want. That point is obviously lost on you. There are all kind of arguements that can get made, for example it is stupid that manny started at asking for 50/50 because that leaves no room to negotiate, usually the sides starts real high or low then meet somewhere inbetween.

So whatever bro, keep on spewing your garbage I'm done with you.
              Excuse me, YOU brought up the topic of taxes in your original comment, not me.

Now you should back it up and explain how owing 13-14 million in April is a better situation than probably owing much less in 2009?? Because Floyd still owed 13-14 mil when he publicly rejected the 50-50 split months ago! He didn't just start rejecting it this week right after paying off 10 of the 14mil. How is he still in a better situation now than when he owed less than 6million and needed "to settle" for 50-50 back in 2009?? Link: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...l-marquez.html

Again..this was your whole original argument...TAXES! Even if I give you that he just owes 3 mil right now, these are the FACTS you are arguing...

In 2009, Floyd owed 6 mil to the IRS, so he had to settle for 50-50 with Pacquiao

Now 2012, Floyd owes 3 mil to the IRS, so "he is in a better position" (your words).

Really? The 3 mil difference changes the 50-50? Sorry...you still have no argument...even though we both know that Floyd owed 13-14 million to the IRS when he refused 50-50 long before last week. And again, it doesn't matter what his current situation is, it's all about the current market value of each fighter!
              Last edited by adp023; 04-22-2012, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• People still care about this bum ass fight?

Floyd UD Pacquiao, easy.

Anyone that has a slightest clue of the sport could figure this one out.

Comment

• Originally posted by SocalBaller View Post
                  Pacquiao has sold at least 150K more PPV in their last 3 fights, even if you consider the 1.25M PPV that was claimed for Floyd vs. Ortiz that industry experts doubted was accurate. Plus Pacquiao did not have to give up tickets for free on the day of the fight just so there are not a lot of empty seats.
                  Bulls.it. Pac has not outsold Mayweather in their last three fights. I find it odd that you cast doubt on Mayweather's numbers simply because the haters in the boxing media told some unstantiated lies about it. However, you believe every word that comes from the mouth of an admitted briber and liar in Bob Arum. If you believe the numbers that Bob Arum feeds the public (which you obviously do), then you would believe this. However, if someone actually investigated (which the boxing media never does) and found the real PPV numbers, you would see that Pac's last three PPVs have sold a lot less than Arum claimed, especially the one against Mosley, which I don't believer even sold as many as Pac/Clottey.

On another note, Pac doesn't have to give up free tickets on the day of the fight because the regular cost of the tickets are $20 each. Pac.Clottey sold 55,000 tickets, but only made $5.5 million at the gate. That says it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by PR13 View Post
                    Floys is clearly DUCKING Manny... END of STORY

Brainwashed FL0MO ATTACK in 5...4...3...2...1...
                    If it is the end of the story, why will you write 80 comments on this same topic before it is all said and done.

Comment

• Originally posted by adp023 View Post
                      Excuse me, YOU brought up the topic of taxes in your original comment, not me.

Now you should back it up and explain how owing 13-14 million in April is a better situation than probably owing much less in 2009?? Because Floyd still owed 13-14 mil when he publicly rejected the 50-50 split months ago! He didn't just start rejecting it this week right after paying off 10 of the 14mil. How is he still in a better situation now when he owed less than 6million and needed "to settle" for 50-50 back in 2009?? Link: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...l-marquez.html

Again..this was your whole original argument...TAXES! Even if I give you that he just owes 3 mil right now, these are the FACTS you are arguing...

In 2009, Floyd owed 6 mil to the IRS, so he had to settle for 50-50 with Pacquiao

Now 2012, Floyd owes 3 mil to the IRS, so "he is in a better position" (your words).

Really? The 3 mil difference changes the 50-50? Sorry...you still have no argument...even though we both know that Floyd owed 13-14 million to the IRS when he refused 50-50 long before last week.
                      How did he owe 14 million in April, he got a bill in October and paid it with his Ortiz money. He got a bill for 3 million in March. Why should I explain something that is a piece of fiction and not the reality of the situation.

3 is less than 6 so that is a better position correct~ also Floyd was off not really making money and spending his normal ammount, so the JMM fight comes off and he pays off that debt but he really didn't make anything so he still needed money for himself and his lifestyle~

Do you really not understand that~

Comment

Working...
                      X