Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather To Pacquiao: No 50-50 and I'm Not Budging!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
    whats up dirk. he actually never specified he just said he would take less to make the fight happen. and that was just another pr ploy devised by bob arum to make pac look like he really wanted the fight.
    Nope, Manny wanted 50/50 .... but if there was a small snag in the negotiations, Manny would be willing to give in a bit just to get this fight on .... that is very different than Manny would accept any BS offer coming from Floyd ....

Comment

• Originally posted by turbotime View Post
      Certainly better than Bradley.
      Really?.... Bradley is undefeated and Cotto is not the same since his loses....if mayweather wanted to fight a prime cotto he would have done it a long time ago....that's right he ducked him too. Now he sees Cotto has slowed down and has had his bell rung he wants the fight.....please!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        That was my whole point the first negotiations for this fight happened after the JMM fight, Floyd at the point was clearly in bad tax trouble so he did the JMM fight for very little take home he made a lot but it went to the IRS or Oscar/GBP who might have loaned him money to pay it.

So that Floyd agreed or was willing to do 50/50 because he clearly needed cash makes sense, him playing hardball for more (rightly or wrongly) when he is in much better shape makes sense to me also. It is a negotiation got to try and do the best possible, he clearly low balled Manny but I don't think the fight was in the cards anyway but I would hope all this talk about standing firm and not budging is just posturing because without a willingness to give there is no room to negotiate.

The ammount he would make against Cotto was just a guessimate, but he will clearly be able to cover the 3 he owes the IRS. Whatever the number is he has to pay his team and the IRS so his take home will be less. Who knows how well it will even do, it should do well but that is not certain.
        Your first paragraph is very logical and possibly accurate. But the others seem not to be. Nobody in his right mind would insult a fighter of Pacquiao's status by lowballing him-unless he was doing it deliberately. It's needs to be fair. It's rather like a treaty between two major powers, they must treat one another with respect, and be shown to do so. This fight is long past the superfluous details, and, seeing that MannyP had agreed to OSDT (which if you recall was suddenly insisted on by Mayweather AFTER Pacquiao had signed) if Mayweather is still putting barriers in the way it seems to me a clear indication that he really doesn't want the fight. I don't believe he's afraid, no boxer is afraid of anyone in his division. Careful, maybe.

And, again, although everybody seems to have a different version, the words Pacquiao used, which I saw in a direct quote were "I will take a lesser amount", which means to me that he's prepared to take less than he was previously. Not THE lesser amount, but A lesser amount. He may have been expecting to get 55% or even 60%, we don't know. Anyway, Arum called Mayweather's cards when he counter-offered $50 mill, and, later, 45% to each with the extra 10% to the winner.

It seems clear but in this boxing maze it obviously must'nt be.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerrisJ3 View Post
          from what i remeber you said Pacq turned down the 50-50 offer. little do you know you just owned yourself dumbass!
          Show me where I said Pacquiao "turned down the 50-50 offer" back in 2009??

Please show me!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
            It's not like Pac is past it or anything. If he beats Bradley down and than really actually convincingly beat Marquez in November, it's still a big fight.

The Marquez fight killed it for a lot of people, but it still means something.
            No excuses....mayweather is scared!...even if they both loose.. People would want to see that fight, it just would mean less money for them.

Comment

• Poor fanboys, watching their idol duck Pacquiao. What a sad, sad day for the f-cktards.

Funny thing is, Floyd Pussweather would probably beat Pacquiao if they ever fought......

Comment

• Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                Mayweather-Cotto > Pac-Mosley easily.

If Floyd beats Cotto, he still gets him on his resume while Cotto can still fight. After Mosley lost to Floyd, and proceeded to fight a draw with Mora, that meant NOTHING.
                Eh, both are pretty irrelevant.

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                Yeah it's a dammed shame, after what Marquez just did to Pac and the fight happening in 2013 would mean very little.
                It could still be relevant in 2013. But, they won't fight in 2013 either. Neither guy wants it right now. It is silly defending either and blaming the other. Until one of them falls off and it becomes irrelevant is when they will bend over for the other guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
                  it does not matter. pac is never leaving top rank. bob learned from losing oscar and floyd. he has pac locked into a slave contract. plus bob knowa all pacs secrets. and if pac ever come close to perhaps thinking about considering leaving top rank. bob will destroy him.
                  Now as well as accusing Arum of illegal contracts slavery was abolished in 1865-in the South by Lincoln in 1863 after Gettysburg- you're accusing him of blackmail. There'll come a time when libelling someone on the internet will stop being called "free speech" and guys like you will have to just "twiddle your thumbs" for something to do. Already a few countries have passed and are passing this type of legislation.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    Your first paragraph is very logical and possibly accurate. But the others seem not to be. Nobody in his right mind would insult a fighter of Pacquiao's status by lowballing him-unless he was doing it deliberately. It's needs to be fair. It's rather like a treaty between two major powers, they must treat one another with respect, and be shown to do so. This fight is long past the superfluous details, and, seeing that MannyP had agreed to OSDT (which if you recall was suddenly insisted on by Mayweather AFTER Pacquiao had signed) if Mayweather is still putting barriers in the way it seems to me a clear indication that he really doesn't want the fight. I don't believe he's afraid, no boxer is afraid of anyone in his division. Careful, maybe.

And, again, although everybody seems to have a different version, the words Pacquiao used, which I saw in a direct quote were "I will take a lesser amount", which means to me that he's prepared to take less than he was previously. Not THE lesser amount, but A lesser amount. He may have been expecting to get 55% or even 60%, we don't know. Anyway, Arum called Mayweather's cards when he counter-offered $50 mill, and, later, 45% to each with the extra 10% to the winner.

It seems clear but in this boxing maze it obviously must'nt be.
                    I have to disagree, it was certainly a low ball offer but I don't think it should have been insulting $40 million is a bunch of money. I agree that Manny shouldn't have accepted it and tried to work out a better deal. I also don't think there was much hope of making the fight anyways at that point, so Floyd made a gambit to atleast appear like he was trying. I would have hoped it was something they could have jumped off from. That would being real optimsitc though.

There is a lot of room between 50/50 and 40 million I would hope they could find some common ground.

I also don't agree that OST came up after he signed that was always in there, I know there are articles and there is a timeline here but that was always included. Now Manny might not have known what it was, so that is why it became a big deal later on but that should never be a fight breaking issue (IMO).

To me both sides have their stories and reasons, the truth is somewhere in there but in the end the fight didn't get made and to me both sides really didn't try that hard to get it done nor have they since that first negotiations. Both sides seemed content to try and make the other look bad and try to win the PR battle. We obviously see different things in it which is fine, I just think both house share the blame although we can argue about how we divide it up.
                    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 04-22-2012, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                      Eh, both are pretty irrelevant.

It could still be relevant in 2013. But, they won't fight in 2013 either. Neither guy wants it right now. It is silly defending either and blaming the other. Until one of them falls off and it becomes irrelevant is when they will bend over for the other guy.
                      I think it will happen only when Pac leaves TR.

Comment

Working...
                      X