Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abril: I'll Fight Brandon Rios at 160 To Get a Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Abril was boring as hell and Rios was unusually sluggish and low on energy. That being said, ABRIL WAS ROBBED. I would not want to watch Abril against anyone else but Rios should have lost and had a wake up call. Now his dumb ass thinks he beat a dude that took him to school.

It isn't rocket science either, Top Rank needs to put Rios in with Sluggers to make exciting fights. At 140 there are some interesting ones like Maidana or Khan. Don't feed him to Marquez unless they want to see him get demolished and damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by adrsan84 View Post
      I thought Abril was boring as hell and Rios was unusually sluggish and low on energy. That being said, ABRIL WAS ROBBED. I would not want to watch Abril against anyone else but Rios should have lost and had a wake up call. Now his dumb ass thinks he beat a dude that took him to school.

It isn't rocket science either, Top Rank needs to put Rios in with Sluggers to make exciting fights. At 140 there are some interesting ones like Maidana or Khan. Don't feed him to Marquez unless they want to see him get demolished and damaged.
      Oh yeah, and Rios is by no means a bum. He is an unskilled fighter with balls who can outwill guys who are not great boxers. IF he polishes his skills he can get into the realm of Castillo Salido, or Margarito at their peaks, but not much higher.

Comment

Abril won in a lot of ways, He kept his belt and went from being an unknown B fighter to a headliner. I would move to better things from there and forget about another Bum Bum Rios fight.

Comment

Robberies like these make me sick. But when a bum's awarded a decision just has me smh x 10000

Comment

I think one of the reasons why people don't like Abril is cause of his lack of power but the blame it on the holding which they BOTH did.

He does not pot shot, it's just that he has no power. Maybe if he goes up in weight he will gain some more power. He is too tall for 135 and looks skinny as ****.

Anyway, don't bother Abril we all know you won and he will not rematch you. It must suck to walk around as the "winner" but you know inside the **** was given to you. Where has pride and integrity gone these days?

Comment

abril is the best lightweight right now, not bum bum.

abril
              mitchell
              burns
              linares
              lundy

bumbum isnt even in my top 10

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
                abril is the best lightweight right now, not bum bum.

abril
                mitchell
                burns
                linares
                lundy

bumbum isnt even in my top 10
                You put Linares and Lundy on that list therefore your post/opinion is invalid. I can give you a pass on Lundy but Linares? Two of his losses came from 2 top 10 ranked opponents and 1 from a guy we've never heard of (at least not me).

Comment

indeed was a robbery I correctley predicted robberry before they announced the verdict , it was too funny because it was that predictable, top rank , guy with star power itwas absolutley zero surprise to me,
                  Abril did outbox brandon but lets face it he kept running and backpedaling it wasnt a JMM style boxing where timing aggresiion and boxing are mixed up it was the cowardly type of hit and run boxing that IMO opinion caused the judges to not even consider abril.Brandon punches were more damaging the very few he landed, anyway can anyone really expect just decisions when top rank is involved??
                  mayweather got a gift decision against caestillo when he was a top rank and countless others have too no surprise.......

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
                    indeed was a robbery I correctley predicted robberry before they announced the verdict , it was too funny because it was that predictable, top rank , guy with star power itwas absolutley zero surprise to me,
                    Abril did outbox brandon but lets face it he kept running and backpedaling it wasnt a JMM style boxing where timing aggresiion and boxing are mixed up it was the cowardly type of hit and run boxing that IMO opinion caused the judges to not even consider abril.Brandon punches were more damaging the very few he landed, anyway can anyone really expect just decisions when top rank is involved??
                    mayweather got a gift decision against caestillo when he was a top rank and countless others have too no surprise.......
                    in response to your signature LMFAO! http://blog.pinoyhack.com/2011/12/ma...l-marquez.html

Comment

Originally posted by coolka View Post
                      in response to your signature LMFAO! http://blog.pinoyhack.com/2011/12/ma...l-marquez.html
                      weak. pac got his butt kicked plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
                      X