Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Richard Abril: The Rios Fight Was Easier Than I Thought

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Styles make fights! I bet Anthony Peterson would put a nice beating on Abril.

Comment

Easy for Rios to be hugged and have his hands held all night too but that sh.it is for ballet or Dancing With The Stars.

Comment

How tf are you going to see a fight when one boxer holds the other's hand almost the entire fight? It's crazy. About time they make this thing illegal. Boxing is entertainment. It's a business. You can do that thing all you want in amateur fights, but not when people pay to see fights. I'm still upset by that guy.

Comment

Abril gained more prestige in getting hosed

Abril won the fans the crowd and the future. Rios lost everything little that the profane loser had before the robbery. Rios is on a fast sled down hill as Rios is a loser in life. rios is classless

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            They need to protest the decision and an investigation needs to take place. Enough of these fight fixes, someone needs to step in and do something about this. Abril and Campillo are champions of the world walking around without the belts they easily won. These Arum and King bought decisions are getting old.
            I agree. Will boxing ever clean its self up?

Comment

He never looked troubled by anything Rios did. Caught him with coming in all night. Rios seemed content to just eat the shots and smother himself on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                How tf are you going to see a fight when one boxer holds the other's hand almost the entire fight? It's crazy. About time they make this thing illegal. Boxing is entertainment. It's a business. You can do that thing all you want in amateur fights, but not when people pay to see fights. I'm still upset by that guy.
                Clinching is illegal by the rule book. Holding is also forbidden by name, more than once as in, no holding and hitting. Enforce the existing rules and stop the fights from stinking. This punch and grab style may be smart, but it's boring and I don't want to watch gimmicks. War is what I want to see, not hugging and squeezing to win at any price.

Comment

Abril beat Rios easy, But getting a Decision in Mexico was impossible. Some times you win when you loose and this was one of those times for the unknown Abril.

Comment

Give Abril the marquez fight

Abril deserves the Marquez fight. Let Rios rot with his filthy mouth in boxing limbo for 4-5 years. Nice fan base Rios which is zero. Giving Rios a PPV fight is stupid.

Comment

LOL it was Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                      X