Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people on here like how ABRIL fought??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was interesting, especially considering the circumstances and he was a massive underdog. Abril executed a great gameplan and made Rios look like a bum in the ring.

Comment

well i disagree, different strokes for different folks i guess

Comment

Sometimes i dont appreciate styles like that but then it takes two to tango, I hate fighters who cant fight another way, fighters who can only look good when a fighter stand in front of them and i hate fans who make excuses for fighters like that.

Comment

Okay, so I thought Abril won and there are many people who agree and disagree. Regardless, I know that we can all agree that Bam Bam was given the decision NOT because of Arum, but because his ring walk with personalized song was too awesome to deny!

Say Bam Bam!
          (sing along if you know it)

Comment

Yup Abril boxed beautifully at times, very skilled fighter. If he had more viciousness and put punches together he would have stopped Rios.

Comment

I liked how he fought. It's how your supposed to fight against a brawler. Boxing, moving and countering, and he did land some hard shots here and there. Just because his fight with Rios was boring doesn't mean he's a boring fighter. You have to blame Rios to some extent for being so lazy, dull and one dimensional in there. He never stepped it up and didn't throw many punches. If he had thrown more, Abril probably would have opened up more and it would have been more exciting, but he didn't have to open up much because Rios was so terrible that he could fight in 2nd gear and still dominate the fight. So why take the risk?

Comment

Only an idiot would think Rios won that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Prawn Cornelius View Post
                  Okay, so I thought Abril won and there are many people who agree and disagree. Regardless, I know that we can all agree that Bam Bam was given the decision NOT because of Arum, but because his ring walk with personalized song was too awesome to deny!

Say Bam Bam!
                  (sing along if you know it)

All he wants to do is knock you out?

I think that was it. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    All he wants to do is knock you out?

I think that was it. LOL.
                    Got it! I couldnt stop laughing honestly.

Comment

Completely agree with TS!!

Abril won but all he did was clinch excessively and throw some outside shots here and there.

I was hoping he would let his hands go in the later rounds but he just played it really safe til the end.

Constantly clinching with the sole purpose of winning on decision while putting no effort to actually hurt your opponent or place yourself at risk is a 'style' that is frustrating to watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X