Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people on here like how ABRIL fought??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PACGOING2JAIL
    Okay I feel everything you just stated expect the part about Abril's landed punches having the same impact as Rios's snuffed punches.....

Bro when in the hell do blocked punches amount to the same as punches that land cleanly???

YOU CAN ONLY SCORE LANDED PUNCHES, NOT BLOCKED PUNCHES!!!!
    I already cleared that up, i chose the wrong words, i meant neither fighter's punches had much impact but yea Abril definitely landed the cleaner punches, i just chose Rios pressure and output over Abril's clean punching and defense.

Comment

Why do people think it is a bad thing to try and win on points?

Comment

And Rios pressure was ineffective, it led to him hitting air then getting popped in the face and midsection or hitting guard then getting popped in the face and midsection.

How anyone could score the majority of rounds to him is beyond me, he looked like the overrated club fighter he is.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          no problem with that but its wrong trying to win on holding instead of punching. like I sad for the people who say well this is how a boxer is supposed to fight a brawler, look at Malinaggi vs juan diaz, Malinaggi has less power then Abril but he used combinations, foot work, speed, angles, defense to win that fight, Abril only did one thing. I just don't understand how people can't understand that

Comment

I am fine with it, he was playing to win I never have an issue with a guy playing to win.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              re watch the fight those punches Rios threw were landing inside not hard but some of them were landing with his left hook. i was counting those punches and those punches were happening more often then Abril's punches. Abril landed the cleaner punches for sure but like i said rios output and pressure was good enough for me. Abril just wasn't committing to his punches and i guess was to scared of getting hit

Comment

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
                im a big fan of fighters that are considered "boring" like ward,hopkins and mayweather. i even thought molinas style was OK to watch. abril definitely outboxed rios, but his style is ugly. something about it just seems off i cant put my finger on it
                this^^^^^^^^^^^^

but Molina was ugly as hell as well..but not as ugly as Abril

Comment

Abril has an awful style. Holding is illegal. The ref probably shouldve done something about the holding. But Abril clearly won the fight and got robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
                    Are you serious? First Rios is not my homie, I like him but he's not even in my top 10, and both fighters had a horrible fight in my honest opinion. Everyone knows he is a limited come forward fighter, that wasn't exposed, may be you just started watching him and saw that, and how was his power exposed in a fight that he couldn't hit a guy flush? thats like saying because of the Tyson/Lewis fight that Tyson has no power. If Rios didn't have power why the hell was Abril holding him like that? lol

Seriously man reread what you write before you put it out here because that was a horrible argument
                    because he gets KO by accumulation instead of one punch, that is what I meant and Abril was smothering him that was the game plan, Lundy has power, Prescott has power and none of them could hurt Abril, the game plan call for Abril to get close and not give him space to throw and when you say That Abril had a horrible fight you are the one that doesn't understand about boxing.

Comment

• Ugly or not, He beat Rios last night and What's not to like about a People's Win.

Comment

Working...
                      X