Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are pac fans making floyd more relevant then pac because of there hatred?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silentscoper View Post
    I had been counting threads turning negative so my numbers will be different.

Between page 20 to 39 I've got

Against Pacquiao
    cixthree, (I refuse to count a ONECRAK thread about Kell Brook saying he would beat Pac, its just a link posted), pbftxrs316

Against Floyd
    DR.ORGYY, UmissUpay

It was actually quite refreshing to see 2-3 pages of threads without topics containing Floyd or Pacquiao.

Data is data and I can concede that there are more Pac hate threads against Floyd hate threads between pages 1-39.

However, I believe there are too many variables for us to say we have an accurate representation of anything more than 2 weeks of threads. I'm sure there are many deleted threads on both sides (from my memory I can remember certain larryx threads as well as STOP threads which were deleted/merged). Also to mention that my sample of 20-39 only contained about 4 negative threads in total shows how much fluctuation there could be.

Where do we really go from here? This week, there have been more negative Pac threads started than negative Floyd threads started. I still don't believe we can extrapolate any meaningful information about the posting behaviours of either side other than the opinions left by our own inevitable confirmation biases.

Well played, tatangb45
    No problema...

Comment

Pac fans mad again

Comment

damn son you are obsessed

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Bayless is using the arguements that those guys started, it is an extension. Bayless doesn't have an arguement he is using what others started.

I also didn't say Montoya~ or even bring up Skip Bayless. So what are you even trying to argue about. I didn't bring up anything about the hate Manny gets either, but if he got knocked out by Floyd I know boxing websites would not be empty~

All I remember from that period was whoever he fought was never the right guy for certain people, that is the same to this very day.
          When did I ever say you brought up the hate that the guy gets? Perhaps I should have italicized "guy" so you'd get it. Also, I know you didn't say Montoya... I just added him in there because he's been hating Mayweather for the same amount of time Kim has, they're pretty much the same person.

Your initial statement was that there's a difference between Floyd haters and stans. I just disagreed, because the Floyd haters weren't nearly as great in number as they were during guy's meteoric rise. Skip Bayless was simply a representative of your typical stan/Floyd hater. You say that he just went off extensions of what Fischer and Kim said.... guess what... every last stan uses what Bayless says or piggyback off what Fischer and Kim said... get it?

Comment

http://www.google.com/trends/?q=floyd+mayweather+jr

The pac fan boys are Floyd's biggest cheerleaders... Like I said for years, haters pay his bills. They need to start paying Pac's taxes though... That poor fellow.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post

The pac fan boys are Floyd's biggest cheerleaders... Like I said for years, haters pay his bills. They need to start paying Pac's taxes though... That poor fellow.
              A little surprising to me that South Africa is nearing United States for searching him though.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                When did I ever say you brought up the hate that the guy gets? Perhaps I should have italicized "guy" so you'd get it. Also, I know you didn't say Montoya... I just added him in there because he's been hating Mayweather for the same amount of time Kim has, they're pretty much the same person.

Your initial statement was that there's a difference between Floyd haters and stans. I just disagreed, because the Floyd haters weren't nearly as great in number as they were during guy's meteoric rise. Skip Bayless was simply a representative of your typical stan/Floyd hater. You say that he just went off extensions of what Fischer and Kim said.... guess what... every last stan uses what Bayless says or piggyback off what Fischer and Kim said... get it?
                You started talking about Skip Bayless right away like that had anything to do with what I posted~ Montoya wasn't anything at Maxboxing in the frame I am talking about and never heard his opinion once until after Fischer dipped.

I know that, people have been recycling the same tired arguments for years.

What I posted was about two different groups, not about media talking heads. Manny fans and Floyd haters are not the same group even if some people happen to be in both groups or they bite off each other~

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post

stans = Floyd haters.

Yes, there are some legit Floyd haters out there, but let's not act like the majority of them aren't trolling stans, people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    You started talking about Skip Bayless right away like that had anything to do with what I posted~ Montoya wasn't anything at Maxboxing in the frame I am talking about and never heard his opinion once until after Fischer dipped.

I know that, people have been recycling the same tired arguments for years.

What I posted was about two different groups, not about media talking heads. Manny fans and Floyd haters are not the same group even if some people happen to be in both groups~
                    I mentioned Bayless because the fact of the matter is that the Floyd haters weren't nearly as many until 2008... the same time Bayless started spewing out garbage about Mayweather didn't want to fight guy. You said Bayless just recycled from '05-'06... who was saying Mayweather was ducking guy, then? Right, nobody... not fischer... not kim... not montoya... not anybody in boxing.

Yes, I agree with you, they are two different groups, but let's not act like Mayweather was hated before 2008 the way he is hated now... and you and I both know why that is.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                      I mentioned Bayless because the fact of the matter is that the Floyd haters weren't nearly as many until 2008... the same time Bayless started spewing out garbage about Mayweather didn't want to fight guy. You said Bayless just recycled from '05-'06... who was saying Mayweather was ducking guy, then? Right, nobody... not fischer... not kim... not montoya... not anybody in boxing.

Yes, I agree with you, they are two different groups, but let's not act like Mayweather was hated before 2008 the way he is hated now... and you and I both know why that is.
                      There were plenty of Floyd haters pre 08, 05-06 is when the Margarito talk started, and Maxboxing was leading that shit.

Go back to the six months before the Hatton fight on here and look at the threads and tell me he got no hate plus that wasn't the starting point~

I have no idea where the fuck you are coming from to be honest

Comment

Working...
                      X