Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are pac fans making floyd more relevant then pac because of there hatred?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
    But Floyd haters are a large portion of the Pac stan base.
    Yea but Floyd had haters way before Manny, so a lot of those guys have jumped on the Manny bandwagon but I would be hard pressed to call them real Manny fans. There are a bunch of Manny fans that are Floyd haters though.

Still it is not all Manny fans and I consider Floyd haters a different group than Manny fans based on their reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakla Nation
      I think Floyd has a lot more hate than Pacquiao. Just my perspective.

It was right about equal post Pac-JMM III, but then it went back after Floyd declined 50/50
      Yeah, that's my opinion as well. But tatangb45 proposed that we can establish some sort of representation of all time by counting a few pages of threads when there are thousands. So here we are.

Comment

Originally posted by silentscoper View Post
        Well I see we have a conflict in our results. I invite you to cite all 12 of your threads and I will cite the ones I've discovered in page 21 to 39. Though I believe we must define exactly what counts as a negative thread. Only ones that have started with negative intentions or would we include neutral threads which become negatively skewed towards a fighter?

It also occurred to me that there are a number of threads being merged with the Master Thread. But I suppose there is not much we can do about that.
        Ok. Let's not include neutral threads, only those that you described as having started with negative intentions.

From page 1 to 20, the 12 negative threads directed towards Pac were from cixthree, discipline, trei, angdgk, imcupid2, shona boy, cashcow, comedian, baracka flocka, 915 angel, one crak and another from cixthree.

The 5 negative threads on Floyd were from hugh grant, stop, tatangb45, paclan and niamarvin.

The titles of these threads can be added if you want further confirmation.

Now your list.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Yea but Floyd had haters way before Manny, so a lot of those guys have jumped on the Manny bandwagon but I would be hard pressed to call them real Manny fans. There are a bunch of Manny fans that are Floyd haters though.

Still it is not all Manny fans and I consider Floyd haters a different group than Manny fans based on their reasoning.
          Yeah all the Hatton groupies jumped on Manny as the next big Floyd beater , people forget the hype from the Hatton fans and how they disappeared like rats up a drainpipe until Manny was hyped up to beat Floyd so they all jumped on , if May belted Manny his fans would do the same and jump on the next dude hyped to beat Floyd , its a never ending group of tall poppy syndrome sufferers , it a sad thing in life how so people hate winners .

Comment

Have to disagree here. Bayless wasn't a Floyd hater until the other guy strolled along... that alone just tells you that the majority of them are stans. Yes, Mayweather had haters before, but I'm hard pressed to believe he had more haters than supporters pre-'08.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              Yeah all the Hatton groupies jumped on Manny as the next big Floyd beater , people forget the hype from the Hatton fans and how they disappeared like rats up a drainpipe until Manny was hyped up to beat Floyd so they all jumped on , if May belted Manny his fans would do the same and jump on the next dude hyped to beat Floyd , its a never ending group of tall poppy syndrome sufferers , it a sad thing in life how so people hate winners .
              Not quite, Re. Especially when Hatton stated that he thinks Mayweather would win, his fans have pretty much backed Mayweather ever since he lost to the guy in hopes that Mayweather would beat him. That why Mayweather has a big fan base in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                Have to disagree here. Bayless wasn't a Floyd hater until the other guy strolled along... that alone just tells you that the majority of them are stans. Yes, Mayweather had haters before, but I'm hard pressed to believe he had more haters than supporters pre-'08.
                Different people come to the party at different times~ Skip hasn't even been at ESPN that long and really he only blew up that last few years. Also Skip didn't say anything new he has picked up established stuff that has been getting said since 05-06.

Doug Fischer and Steve Kim have been hating Floyd a lot longer than Skip Bayless~

Comment

Different people come to the party at different times~ Skip hasn't even been at ESPN that long and really he only blew up that last few years. Also Skip didn't say anything new he has picked up established stuff that has been getting said since 05-06.

Doug Fischer and Steve Kim have been hating Floyd a lot longer than Skip Bayless~
                  You're completely missing the point. I've never heard Bayless reference anything about Mayweather from 05-07... coincidence? Also, I remember the boxing world buzzing after Mayweather's performances in '05 (Gatti, Mitchell).

Fischer, Kim, and Montoya were... good for them. It doesn't change the fact that Bayless [and his logic] happen to represent the guy's fan base. As a matter of fact, if look back, it was really only the DLH & Hatton fight (maybe Gatti but it was in his backyard and they all ended up cheering for PBF) where Mayweather was hated. It wasn't until the meteoric rise while Mayweather was away that the hate grew to an insane proportion.

Tell me, how many hate threads would be made if the guy ever signed the contract for random testing and got sparked by Mayweather? These sites would be empty and we'd get to gauge who all the Floyd haters are.
                  Last edited by deejd; 04-13-2012, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tatangb45 View Post
                    Ok. Let's not include neutral threads, only those that you described as having started with negative intentions.

From page 1 to 20, the 12 negative threads directed towards Pac were from cixthree, discipline, trei, angdgk, imcupid2, shona boy, cashcow, comedian, baracka flocka, 915 angel, one crak and another from cixthree.

The 5 negative threads on Floyd were from hugh grant, stop, tatangb45, paclan and niamarvin.

The titles of these threads can be added if you want further confirmation.

Now your list.
                    I had been counting threads turning negative so my numbers will be different.

Between page 20 to 39 I've got

Against Pacquiao
                    cixthree, (I refuse to count a ONECRAK thread about Kell Brook saying he would beat Pac, its just a link posted), pbftxrs316

Against Floyd
                    DR.ORGYY, UmissUpay

It was actually quite refreshing to see 2-3 pages of threads without topics containing Floyd or Pacquiao.

Data is data and I can concede that there are more Pac hate threads against Floyd hate threads between pages 1-39.

However, I believe there are too many variables for us to say we have an accurate representation of anything more than 2 weeks of threads. I'm sure there are many deleted threads on both sides (from my memory I can remember certain larryx threads as well as STOP threads which were deleted/merged). Also to mention that my sample of 20-39 only contained about 4 negative threads in total shows how much fluctuation there could be.

Where do we really go from here? This week, there have been more negative Pac threads started than negative Floyd threads started. I still don't believe we can extrapolate any meaningful information about the posting behaviours of either side other than the opinions left by our own inevitable confirmation biases.

Well played, tatangb45

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                      You're completely missing the point. I've never heard Bayless reference anything about Mayweather from 05-07... coincidence? Also, I remember the boxing world buzzing after Mayweather's performances in '05 (Gatti, Mitchell).

Fischer, Kim, and Montoya were... good for them. It doesn't change the fact that Bayless [and his logic] happen to represent the guy's fan base.

Tell me, how many hate threads would be made if the guy ever signed the contract for random testing and got sparked by Mayweather? These sites would be empty and we'd get to gauge who all the Floyd haters are.
                      Bayless is using the arguements that those guys started, it is an extension. Bayless doesn't have an arguement he is using what others started.

I also didn't say Montoya~ or even bring up Skip Bayless. So what are you even trying to argue about. I didn't bring up anything about the hate Manny gets either, but if he got knocked out by Floyd I know boxing websites would not be empty~

All I remember from that period was whoever he fought was never the right guy for certain people, that is the same to this very day.

Comment

Working...
                      X