Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are pac fans making floyd more relevant then pac because of there hatred?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
    Wake up to your senses man,
    Look at your thread, you're kinda asking question about PAC FANS!
    so they gonna give answer or responds...
    see you're putting up PAC FANS so you can draw attention to your Idol!
    pac 8 off man...
    Why are you giving attention to something you don't like answer please sir

Comment

• Originally posted by davis828 View Post
      Who's making these threads though? Stans.

Look, Gambler, I know you know boxing man, you're always dropping knowledge on these forums (no way I'm trying to get into a 20 page debate with you unless it's a cool topic ha), I just disagreed with your stance that Floyd haters are different from stans because over the last four years, like Smith from the matrix, one could have been a Floyd hater, but once the bandwagon got rolling they converted to stanism. I'm sure there's still a slim amount of legitimate Floyd haters left, but... for some strange reason, I'd think that they'd actually like Mayweather after how everything has turned out over the last couple years.
      Haters are obsessed no doubt.

I just think the Floyd haters are different from Manny fans, even though lots of Floyd haters tend to like Manny and lots of Manny fans tend to hate on Floyd. Their reasons are different one group is just bitter while the other is sticking up for their man.

I have never found the hate Floyd recived to be all that fair, some people are real with it and can be rational but I agree for the most part once a person starts hating even if they know what they are talking about they end up consumed by hate like they are on some Star Wars shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Haters are obsessed no doubt.

I just think the Floyd haters are different from Manny fans, even though lots of Floyd haters tend to like Manny and lots of Manny fans tend to hate on Floyd. Their reasons are different one group is just bitter while the other is sticking up for their man.

I have never found the hate Floyd recived to be all that fair, some people are real with it and can be rational but I agree for the most part once a person starts hating even if they know what they are talking about they end up consumed by hate like they are on some Star Wars shit.
        Good points, I got you man. I see what you're saying now. It is crazy, though, Mayweather's not the most likable persona in the sport but it's ridiculous how much hate he gets. They'll miss him when he walks away from the sport... for real, though haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by davis828 View Post
          Good points, I got you man. I see what you're saying now. It is crazy, though, Mayweather's not the most likable persona in the sport but it's ridiculous how much hate he gets. They'll miss him when he walks away from the sport... for real, though haha.
          Hell yea they will miss him, I joined when he was retired and haters could not stop talking about him. I would say it would take like 18-24 months from him being gone for people to be over it.

Top guys always generate a lot of hate in this sport but the ammount Floyd generates is special, it will take quite a while to see someone else get to that level of ill will.

What always made me laugh about it is that Floyd is not a good speaker yet he has this huge group basically hanging off every word he says or every action he takes. If I dislike someone I don't want to deal with them, but with people who hate Floyd they seem to let him really occupy a lot of their thought process. Just odd to me.
          Last edited by The Gambler1981; 04-14-2012, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Let's look at it this way. Floyd's last fight against Victor Ortiz. We all saw the controversy at the end. But the funny thing to me is that, they were showing sympathy to the guy that illegally initiated and showing hate to the guy that legally retaliated. Never in boxing, or sports...wait not even in sports, but anything in general have I seen something like that. These things only happen in Floyd's case.

I will guarantee you that if it was anyone but Floyd in there, people would have never sided with Victor.

I remember watching Manny Pacquiao vs Shane Mosley fight at my Filipino friend's house. And as Pacquiao and Mosley were touching gloves, the people were all like "don't touch his gloves Pacquiao! **** him up!" They were actually encouraging Manny Pacquiao to "sucker" punch him.

People are funny like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
                Let's look at it this way. Floyd's last fight against Victor Ortiz. We all saw the controversy at the end. But the funny thing to me is that, they were showing sympathy to the guy that illegally initiated and showing hate to the guy that legally retaliated. Never in boxing, or sports...wait not even in sports, but anything in general have I seen something like that. These things only happen in Floyd's case.

I will guarantee you that if it was anyone but Floyd in there, people would have never sided with Victor.

I remember watching Manny Pacquiao vs Shane Mosley fight at my Filipino friend's house. And as Pacquiao and Mosley were touching gloves, the people were all like "don't touch his gloves Pacquiao! **** him up!" They were actually encouraging Manny Pacquiao to "sucker" punch him.

Nobody was siding with Ortiz .... what Ortiz did was wrong and he got penalized for it. What we calling Floyd out for was unsportsmanlike behavior against a naive Ortiz ...... and some speculated and discussed if Floyd broke a rule that they found.

It just wasn't a good ending to a PPV fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
                  Let's look at it this way. Floyd's last fight against Victor Ortiz. We all saw the controversy at the end. But the funny thing to me is that, they were showing sympathy to the guy that illegally initiated and showing hate to the guy that legally retaliated. Never in boxing, or sports...wait not even in sports, but anything in general have I seen something like that. These things only happen in Floyd's case.

No need to make things up, dude. Even if that is true, why would you interpret it as "encouraging Manny Pacquiao to "sucker" punch him"? How about encouraging him to try to be not too friendly and get serious fighting? Do you honestly believe that Pacquiao, or any fighter in any contact sport for that matter, would do something like that especially without any provocation? Naa... sucker punching would be the last thing that would cross people's minds, whether fan or not fan of Pac. That's been one of Floyd's signature. No one else's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bakla Nation
                    Didn't Pacquiao punch Marquez when he was laying down on the ropes?
                    Things like that happen in the heat of the moment. Bell rings and fighters keep fighting in the heat of the moment. It happens in domestic violence cases. It's what they call unpremeditated.

In Floyd's sucker punching, there's no such heat of the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                      No need to make things up, dude. Even if that is true, why would you interpret it as "encouraging Manny Pacquiao to "sucker" punch him"? How about encouraging him to try to be not too friendly and get serious fighting? Do you honestly believe that Pacquiao, or any fighter in any contact sport for that matter, would do something like that especially without any provocation? Naa... sucker punching would be the last thing that would cross people's minds, whether fan or not fan of Pac. That's been one of Floyd's signature. No one else's.
                      So now you're telling me that I'm making things up...as if you were there.

They weren't saying "Manny Pacquiao, sucker punch Mosley." They would never consider anything Pacquiao does a sucker punch. And trust me, they were literally telling Pacquiao to ignore his gloves, and hit him instead. I believe the exact words from my one friend was "Omg the next time Running Man Mosley wants to touch gloves, just punch him in the face." If Pacquiao did do it though I wouldn't consider it a sucker punch. Which is why I put the word word sucker in quotation marks in my previous post. I'm one of the few that believes that there is no such thing as a sucker punch once the bell rings. The problem is, that these same people would consider what Mayweather did to Ortiz a sucker punch.

Comment

Working...
                      X