Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these Heavyweight Champs got the LEAST gift decisions in their careers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not a heavyweight but bernard hopkins has never had a close fight go his way or get a gift. even when he should have won

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
      not a heavyweight but bernard hopkins has never had a close fight go his way or get a gift. even when he should have won
      thats simply not true. Watch Winky Wright vs Hopkins and you see this could easily have been a draw or a Wright win.
      furthermore Hopkins was totally inactive against Calzaghe and Jermain Taylor so I dont really see how you can have him winning those fights.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
        Did you really just start a thread to ask a question, then answer your own question, THEN complain about how nobody is responding?

Do you really need to stroke the c0ck THAT hard?
        Lame. I knew before I posted the thread that nobody would answer. the reason is that this thread exposes more lies about the HW history. everything "pro-Klitschko" will get sh it on in this forum. and some pple just dont have the knowledge to talk about anything pre-Tyson cause they dont know jack about boxing history. its as simple as that

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
          Ok, even so that doesn't change the fact that the Klitschko's get bashed for beating up on older guys like Mormeck who were world champions and won several title fights when Ali, Holmes and Louis get praised for beating 'never was' Wepners with a dozen losses or guys with ten fights total, etc.
          Wepner ko4 Mormeck

Comment

Originally posted by dirk diggler uk View Post
            the klitschkos got the most gift opponents.
            lmao..............

Comment

I don't know of any gift decisions awarded to the Klits, but I haven't seen Marciano LaStarza...........

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                Ever notice how when the subject is something derogatory about Heavyweight champions Mr. Invincible always singles out the black champions for censure but says nothing about any of the white champions? And when the subject is something positive about Heavyweight champions Mr. Invincible always holds out the white champions as paragons of virtue but is silent about the black champions? I wonder why that is.....

PS. For a pristine example of this check out the thread on who the "smartest" Heavyweight champion was.....it's classic.

Poet
                It's an example of me listing champions of the past that seem to have the most respected reputation built up that also happen to be black & American. Lets take Foreman for example. He went 5-3 in title fights but is considered a top ten heavyweight of all time while the Klitshko's have triple and quad that and still can't get respect from some of you and will never be considered ATG's.

Joe Louis, who has a great resume will always be ranked over say Marciano, and while the same size and got pulverized by him is considered to be able beat a Klitschko or other massive modern heavyweight even though Marciano is not. Perception is what I was going for, not the color of a fighters skin. If that's how some fighters are judged than It's not my doing.

Not many posters on here are too comfortable saying that Dempsey, Tunney or Marciano would beat the Klitschko's but they are comfortable saying Louis, Jack Johnson or Ali would. It's just perception and I'm using that.

My motives have nothing to do with race. Some of my favorite fighters are black and American. Hell I'm American and Roy Jones is my favorite fighter. Joe Louis and Foreman are some of my favorite fighters. You say, Oh, he likes Tommy Morrison, he must be racist. Well guess what, I'm a huge Rocky fan so if Stallone was a fighter, he would be my favorite. He's not so you can put that garbage to bed because it's off base.

-Invincible, lol

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Please stop with your "bum of the month club" nonsense, you know nothing about it. You didn't know the phrase was coined by a journalist because Louis was destroying them so easily. You didn't know the "bum of the month club" consisted of 6 fighters fought in 6 months, 3 of them ranked in the top 10. Out of Vitaly's last 6 fights (in a 3 year period) he has fought only two fighters who were currently ranked in the top 10 by "The Ring" if Im not mistaken. His last 3 opponents had a COMBINED 40 fights at heavyweight. Come on now, who is really fighting the bums?
                  I know exactly what it was about, he was beating up on mostly no hopers that were not ready for a world class challenge.

For the record, Vitali has beaten Ring top 10 ranked fighters 6 out of his 9 fights since coming back including the #2 guy twice (Peter and Adamek) and a Gold medalist. I think he's making due with what the division offers.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                    I agree with this. The HW division has always sucked. some of the HW's now are terrible though. They don't even want to win.

That Solis dude was fat but he had some skill, then he just goes and get's bumped on the head and quits.
                    They want to win until they get in there and get completely outclassed and realize they have no shot but to survive. It's been that way going on a decade in Klitschko fights now.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                      Winky Wright?

Comment

Working...
                      X