Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Alexander Want Solid Foe For 8/18; Kell Brook Who?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
    Alexander vs Zaveck would be great... but I think they're waiting for the Senchenko vs Paulie winner. Easier opponent, with a belt and more media notoriety (If Paulie wins).
    I agree,sadly if Paulie wins he will be match with Alexander...What if Paulie loses tho,how do you see it playing out??

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      Not one fighter named a top 5 WW and how long has Berto had his belt??Please stop it..The fact you are trying to pass Ortiz(I don't deserve to get beat up)as some animal in a cage is funny...I don't like Berto but I don't need to lie on him..His resume speaks for it self,a bunch of LWW Collazo might be his best fighter on his resume..Oh and guess what he lost that fight in public opinion...
      Collazo was a top 5 welter when Berto faught him. And he didn't lose that fight. A few more seconds and Collazo wouldn't had even made it outta there. And the Ortiz that faught Berto and Floyd is a problem for anyone at welterweight. Roach even stopped him from sparring with Pac cause of how intense the sparring sessions were, which along with Ortiz's size (As a JWW) made Roach uncomfortable. Hernandez, Quintana, Urango, Collazo, Forbes, Estrada isn't a bad resume at all, not GREAT, but not bad at all, and it sure beats Jones, who hardly faces a forget top 5, but top 50 welter.

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      If Senchenko wins you think he would be willing to fight in the states?
      Nope, he'd continue to hold the belt hostage, just like he's been doing ever since he had the belt mailed to him after Mosley lost. One of the lamest champs in boxing, I'm really hoping Paulie snatches it from him.

Comment

I agree,sadly if Paulie wins he will be match with Alexander...What if Paulie loses tho,how do you see it playing out??
        If Paulie loses then it the beginning of the end for him. And Senchenko holds the belt hostage until... I really don't know. WBA should have never gave him a belt like he did. Should of at least made him face the new #2 for it, or at least gave it to him, then make him take mandatory fights that are decent. Since that's what champs are supposed to do...

Comment

[QUOTE=-GDS-;11993406]Collazo was a top 5 welter when Berto faught him. And he didn't lose that fight. A few more seconds and Collazo wouldn't had even made it outta there. And the Ortiz that faught Berto and Floyd is a problem for anyone at welterweight. Roach even stopped him from sparring with Pac cause of how intense the sparring sessions were, which along with Ortiz's size (As a JWW) made Roach uncomfortable. Hernandez, Quintana, Urango, Collazo, Forbes, Estrada isn't a bad resume at all, not GREAT, but not bad at all, and it sure beats Jones, who hardly faces a forget top 5, but top 50 welter.

Nah at the time Berto fought Collazo Mosley May Pac Cotto and Marga's were all still fighting there..Collazo was not a top 5 WW...Ortiz is not a smart fighter,which is the reason he has so many loses despite his size(at Jr WW)and talent..He will lose more big fights then he wins..I agree Berto's overall resume is better then Jones(as it should be),but not by much..But they still does not mean Berto can beat Jones...I just see Jones as the better fighter,and if they ever meet,I like Jones in that fight..To many holes in Berto's game that Jones can exploit..

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
            Collazo was a top 5 welter when Berto faught him. And he didn't lose that fight. A few more seconds and Collazo wouldn't had even made it outta there. And the Ortiz that faught Berto and Floyd is a problem for anyone at welterweight. Roach even stopped him from sparring with Pac cause of how intense the sparring sessions were, which along with Ortiz's size (As a JWW) made Roach uncomfortable. Hernandez, Quintana, Urango, Collazo, Forbes, Estrada isn't a bad resume at all, not GREAT, but not bad at all, and it sure beats Jones, who hardly faces a forget top 5, but top 50 welter.

Nah at the time Berto fought Collazo Mosley May Pac Cotto and Marga's were all still fighting there..Collazo was not a top 5 WW...Ortiz is not a smart fighter,which is the reason he has so many loses despite his size(at Jr WW)and talent..He will lose more big fights then he wins..I agree Berto's overall resume is better then Jones(as it should be),but not by much..But they still does not mean Berto can beat Jones...I just see Jones as the better fighter,and if they ever meet,I like Jones in that fight..To many holes in Berto's game that Jones can exploit..
            May and Pac weren't really top welters in Jan 09. Cotto at the time was to some coming off a loss that some thought would physically and mentally ruin him, although I don't think he had signed to fight Foreman yet at 154. Marg was 1 week from being irrelevant when Berto and Collazo faught, so in the aftermath, you could say he was a top 3 welter after Mosley and Berto post Mosley vs Marg. As far as Ortiz, it's not that he's a dumb fighter, he's just kinda dumb and mentally he's not as solid as say, a Bradley, but when he's career is over, he'll win more big fights than he loses, at 147 anyways. Jones > Berto H2H is your opinon, so it's not wrong even if I think that Jones's combination of lack of skills and being too big for the weight would make Berto vs Jones a highlight reel for Berto that wouldn't go to a decision. But in terms of resume Berto's >>>> Jones's.
            Last edited by -GDS-; 04-11-2012, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Kell Brook would embarrass Alexander.

Comment

Working...
              X