Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Alexander Want Solid Foe For 8/18; Kell Brook Who?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    All i got to say is really?
    You think this is the only place Kell Brook is known... in a boxing forum?
    And yes, I expect Cunningham to know because Brook is a top 10 WW.
    . Top 10? How? He hasn't beaten any1 in the top 20.

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
      he really should know who is in the upper part of his fighter's division. he REALLY should. even if it isn't someone he think is worthy just yet he'd be(/is) very stupid to not keep tabs on what's going on around him. otherwise how can he know who to match alexander with and when? so for example zavek fights brook and wins a real hard earned victory- does he just discount that and say "never heard of brook he's never been on espn" and assume that zavek must be having troubles finding it hard to get past a "nobody"- OR does he make sure he knows the score?
      guy is either thick or full of ****. probably a fair portion of each.
      I agree with most of what you said but that doesnt change the fact that Devon should be looking for bigger fish to fry. What Cunningham knows for sure and what he will go on record with publicly are two different things.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
        Ive never seen Kell fight either. I only know who he is from the boxing threads. You think Cunningham hangs out in boxing forums like us? He doesnt know who dude is. Whys everybody killing him? Who the hell has Kell beat that Cunningham should know who he is?
        Keven be on boxingscene more than us, but i agree with everything you said

Comment

Its going to be Antonio Decarie

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            Jones can't buy a fight,he would beat both Alexander and Brook,I truely don't expect either to look in Jones direction...
            they know what time it is!!...Mike would box their domes off and if they start acting brave he'll knock their domes off!!

Mike Jones is the WW mattress....dudes sleeping on him....but its a nice lil' number of dudes on here who know whats up!!....the "Machine Gun" Squad on deck....ALL Mike Jones supporters hit me up....we gotta start making some noise around here!!

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
              So haymon has joined. Expect more fights and robberies in the Lou.

On the other hand according to Hearn golden boy offered to fight brook. So they must know who he is, but it wouldn't surprise if they haven't seem him fight
              I heard this too. I think the Hearns wants the fight in England and of course you know where Team Alexander wants it.

Cunningham is no fool he just isn't willing to let anybody make a name for themselves fighting Devon. Some may feel Alexander is 1-3 in his last 4 fight which I wouldn't argue but all of his last 6 or 7 fights have been on HBO or Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                All i got to say is really?
                You think this is the only place Kell Brook is known... in a boxing forum?
                And yes, I expect Cunningham to know because Brook is a top 10 WW.
                No he's not....I've been a boxing fan for over 10 years and if it wasn't for this forum...I would have no idea who Brook is?

Beating the blood relation of Hatton is not enough to get you known ACROSS THE BLOODY POND!!!!

I believe Cunningham.

Why would anyone duck Brook?...Amir Khan said it himself, there is nothing in it to fight this loser.
                Last edited by Queen_Leia; 04-11-2012, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Devon Alexander looked good against Maidana, and like Victor Ortiz, seems to have benefited from moving up a Weight Class to welterweight. However I believe that Alexander would of been able to beat Maidana in the same fashion at JrWelter, which translates to Devon still being unproven at 147lbs, since Marcos was moving up as well. Alexander V Brook would be an interesting fight and a nice test for both fighters to prove who they are at Welter, but i am postive Alexander will go with the Easiest fight his Daddy, HBO, will offer and it will not be Kell Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozencat
                    I used to think that but Jones looked pretty mediocre in his last fight. The guys almost 29 and hasn't made any moves. He avoided Brook just as much as Brook avoided him.

Jones hasn't done anything at 147 and he plans on moving to 154 soon. In any case, I think Brook would beat Jones quite easily.

And Jones can buy fights he just doesn't want to take risks like most of the rest. At least, Khan and Alexander are always taking risks. How exciting has Jones been? Would boxing care or be worse off if Jones retired today? No. Jones isn't a has been, he's a never was.
                    Name who Jones did not wanna fight??I've heard Jones call out Berto,no response..I never heard him call out Brook(I can't lie about that)but Brook would not step in the ring with Jones..It would not be his doing,his handlers would think better of it,Jones is a high risk low reward kinda fight..I would love for Jones to move to 154lb,plenty of beatable fighters there..I do believe most of umm would fight him as well..The WW's are more concerned about the name of a fighter and not the overall skills of a fighter..Jones could easily show he is better then Ortiz Berto brook ifhe had the chance..

Oh and if Jones is a never was,what does that make Brook??Who the hell did he beat??Who the hell did he beat impressively??

Comment

Originally posted by Frozencat
                      I used to think that but Jones looked pretty mediocre in his last fight. The guys almost 29 and hasn't made any moves. He avoided Brook just as much as Brook avoided him.

Jones hasn't done anything at 147 and he plans on moving to 154 soon. In any case, I think Brook would beat Jones quite easily.

And Jones can buy fights he just doesn't want to take risks like most of the rest. At least, Khan and Alexander are always taking risks. How exciting has Jones been? Would boxing care or be worse off if Jones retired today? No. Jones isn't a has been, he's a never was.
                      I havent heard Mike Jones' name in a year. Once Bradley signed with TR Slob Arum took a **** all over his carreer. He should of kept making cd's. LMAO

Comment

Working...
                      X