Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto's Trainer Confident Mayweather's '0' Will Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Yeah, you're right. I'm sure part of Cotto's work in the gym is finding creative combinations that will allow something to slip through to Mayweather's body. Good luck with that. Agreed on Cotto's jab but he'll have to be creative there as well because it won't be long before Floyd finds a way to counter. I remember when Roy Jones first allowed the public to see him spar. Asked why the change of heart, he said that at that stage of his career, opponents had seen all of his moves and knew his style inside out. By then, each trainer could tab one weakness--maybe not enough to beat him but something for the next guy to incorporate into his plan. Mayweather doesn't have many weaknesses so it'll take an epic performance from someone (or a drastic physical decline) for him to stumble. Whomever it is, he'll need heavy hands.
    His name is, Sergio Martinez.

Comment

AFTER the fight, Miguel will go straigh to the Beach and Relax and Celebrate.. on ther hand, Floyd will get his Mugshot and Fingerprints taken and introduce to Big Billy Hotdog and Gigantic Gigolo Glenn.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
        His name is, Sergio Martinez.
        I know, I know . I wanna see too.

Comment

To bad Floyd wont fight a prime undefeated fighter...Cotto can pull off the upset. ..especialy if he lands a good one...or two! Floyd will never fight a fighter that will expose how NOT amazing some doof balls think he is! If Cotto does...great....i hope he does.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
            The only way I see cotto winning is if he gets floyd on the ropes and pound away at his body. Floyd wont be ****** enough to let this happen. That is unless he applies smart pressure and lures floyd towards that direction. But Floyd is so elusive it will be difficult. I see cotto giving floyd trouble in the first few rounds but after that floyd takes it. he wont dominate like pacquiao, just easily pick his shots cause cotto is pretty easy to hit. Oh well someone has to keep him busy until he finally fights pacquiao.
            You're right. But it maybe won't be too difficult. It caught my attention in Floyd's sparring video vs Henry how easily Henry could drive Mayweather to the corner and hit him. I'm not predicting nothing... just saying!!!

Comment

Floyd's stood his ground more against Ortiz, Mosley and Marquez while hardly using his trademark move, move, move and stick style. If he chooses not to stay on the move like previous fights it could be closer than people think ,but, his lateral movement combined with superior defense could make it a long, frustrating night for Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                To bad Floyd wont fight a prime undefeated fighter...Cotto can pull off the upset. ..especialy if he lands a good one...or two! Floyd will never fight a fighter that will expose how NOT amazing some doof balls think he is! If Cotto does...great....i hope he does.
                Floyd did fight an undefeated Corales & Hatton in their prime or close to it.

as per Cotto pulling this upset, anything is possible in this sport. I dont care how GOD gifted you are. both are amongst my favorite fighters since they turned pro and I think this fight is gonna be alot closer than what most predict.

To be honest, If boxingscene was around in the early to mid 90's and someone woulda said Buster Douglass was gonna upset Tyson or Frankie Randall was gonna drop and beat Chavez...ppl woulda said you wuz on something.

Comment

So many saying Floyd ain't got a chin but the shot by Mosley was mean and he took it and another later that round. Judah also popped him in the mouth pretty good. For my money, he doesn't get hit much but when he does hell take it.

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
                    Floyd did fight an undefeated Corales & Hatton in their prime or close to it.

as per Cotto pulling this upset, anything is possible in this sport. I dont care how GOD gifted you are. both are amongst my favorite fighters since they turned pro and I think this fight is gonna be alot closer than what most predict.

To be honest, If boxingscene was around in the early to mid 90's and someone woulda said Buster Douglass was gonna upset Tyson or Frankie Randall was gonna drop and beat Chavez...ppl woulda said you wuz on something.
                    I agree with everything you said. I have Floyd number 1 but I think Cotto gonna be more problems than most think.

But Hatton and Corrales were in their prime to me.

Comment

Hatton "lasted" 10 rounds against Floy and his boxing skills DOES NOT compare with Cotto... Hatton lost by KO, basically by a single punch, because of his crazy always coming forward style that Pac killed in 2 rounds.

This fight will go to distance and the money machine will not loose because more money need to be made in a fight against Pac....unless Cotto KO him. Being Floy so elusive, this will be very hard for Cotto.

Floy knocking out Cotto? No way!

Comment

Working...
                      X