Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto's Trainer Confident Mayweather's '0' Will Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Cotto. He’s one of the best fighters of this era. I just think Floyd will take over late and start to walk him down since Cotto has been walked down before. Even in his wins against Clottey and Mosley he was getting walked down. I think Floyd is a lot stronger than you guys know. I also think the breach in Miguel is he doesn’t like accurate punchers. Margarito and Pacquiao, kept touching Miguel. Margarito is slow but his left uppercut couldn’t miss in that 1st fight. Floyd does not apply the volume those guys do, but he is every bit as accurate. I’m not saying the fight won’t be competitive but over time, Floyd should separate himself.
    Last edited by tusc1976; 04-09-2012, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      The hard training continues in Florida. WBA 154-pound champion Miguel Cotto (37-0, 30KOs) and his Cuban coach, Pedro Diaz, are putting together the "perfect strategy" to defeat Floyd Mayweather Jr. (42-0, 26KOs) on May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. When he first started working with Cotto, Diaz explained to Carlos Gonzalez that Miguel had to get used to a much hard training schedule.

[Click Here To Read More]
      Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face.... Cotto will get touched all night. They are not dealing w/a normal human being. The fact that the man did 3 a days for victor ortiz is insane. You think he won't be prepared for miguel?? Floyd virtually has no weaknesses to exploit (notice I didn't say flaws) But there are no soft spots for them to take advantage of. Nor are there any areas where they have an marked edge....zero....none.

Comment

This can't be for show or promotion, if it is it will be devastating.

I have thought that Cotto's only hope is this cuban trainer. It will be a better fight because of him.

He may just put into Cotto what he needs to have, the will and stamina to bring it to Jr

We will see

Comment

great fight. can't wait to see how they are in front of each other throwing punches.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
            Just checked boxrec and Cotto has two losses. One to a fighter named Manny Pacquaio and one to a fighter named Antonio Margarito. Uh....guess boxrec has some explaining to do.

Never heard of those guys. Someone must of hacked Boxrec and put that in there. It's the wikipedia thing all over again. Kind of like it says on Boxrec that Pacquiao has been knocked out twice. No way that happened!

Comment

At first i didnt like The move by cotto to get rid of steward but diaz is a better fit n is doing stuff steward cant warrrr cotto

Comment

Hope Cotto wins.

But, he won't win a round.

Comment

Hope Cotto wins.

But, he won't win a round.

Comment

cotto Aint winning this fight too much skill and of a boxing IQ for Cotto to deal with..The only thing Cotto has a advantage over jr is Strength/Punching power the rest of the Atribute's all r in jr Favor..Cotto cant win this fight tring to box on the outside wit Jr he will have to have one thing in mind that is Pressure! If he cant pressure Jr and cut of the ring quick and work that body then it will b a matter of time before he gets picked apart..Cotto will have to approach like this is hes last and go for it from round one otherwise hes gona b shutdown and shutout thruout the whole fight idk whether Floyd can stop him but if hes gona get caught over and over again then cotto might get cut up and stopped very late..pAC took a long time stop Cotto even with all the punishment Cotto took in that he still lasted till the near the end.. yes he was running for dear life i wouldnt blame him from the Hard shots he was taking thruout the fight but if he did stood hes ground and fought pAC he wouldnt have seen like round 6 let alone that long.. good thing for Cotto Floyd aint the hardest puncher but Floyd is the most Accurate puncher in the sport so he aint gona miss alot and accumilated and accurate Shots do alot of damage regrdless so idk Cotto has alot to look forward to so i hope he approaches this with a great game plan cuz i want him to do real good in this fight..

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      The hard training continues in Florida. WBA 154-pound champion Miguel Cotto (37-0, 30KOs) and his Cuban coach, Pedro Diaz, are putting together the "perfect strategy" to defeat Floyd Mayweather Jr. (42-0, 26KOs) on May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. When he first started working with Cotto, Diaz explained to Carlos Gonzalez that Miguel had to get used to a much hard training schedule.

[Click Here To Read More]

“Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.”

Comment

Working...
                      X