Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you find more entertaining, Mayweather JR or Whitaker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    No one is denying defense is a skill, however defensive fighters are rarely, if ever, entertaining fighters.

I'm not sure why this comes as a surprise to you, for years people have been complaining about Mayweather's bouts being boring and a let-down, hell Larry Merchant used to tell him to his face after every fight.

It's the same with every sport, the defensive, cautious teams and individuals are the least entertaining for the neutral.
    So you watch a video of Floyd's pull counters and you aren't entertained?
    You watch a highlight video of Pernell diving out of the way and you aren't entertained?

Comment

Mayweather by far. There was no 24/7 back then to entertain me even more.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
        You watch a highlight video of Pernell diving out of the way and you aren't entertained?
        no cause he is entertained by fighters who walking into punches and run head first into ring posts.that's entertaining boxing

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
          You know the reason they're called highlight videos? we're talking about the actual fights here.

For years people were turned off by Mayweather's big fights as they were persistently a let-down in terms of entertainment.

Now you can tell me you were entertained by his backward pitty-pattying stance and turtle shell stance but I can assure you that wasn't the case for the masses who often derided his major bouts for lack of action.

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
          no cause he is entertained by fighters who walking into punches and run head first into ring posts.that's entertaining boxing
          Everyone likes to watch brave come-forward fighters, it makes for exciting fights. That's what's good for boxing.

Again, in this thread we're talking about entertainment, defense is just not as entertaining as attack, in this sport or any other.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            You know the reason they're called highlight videos? we're talking about the actual fights here.

For years people were turned off by Mayweather's big fights as they were persistently a let-down in terms of entertainment.

Now you can tell me you were entertained by his backward pitty-pattying stance and turtle shell stance but I can assure you that wasn't the case for the masses who often derided his major bouts for lack of action.

Everyone likes to watch brave come-forward fighters, it makes for exciting fights. That's what's good for boxing.

Again, in this thread we're talking about entertainment, defense is just not as entertaining as attack, in this sport or any other.
            defense is very entertaining.counter punches,head movement=skills
            if i wanna see 2 people just throwing punches and getting hit in the face i can go to a local bar

Comment

Eactly......

Good response post here. As you can see, Ricky Hatton is his avatar so that tells us what type of fighter he likes. We all know what Floyd did to him and Whitaker would have K.O.ed Hatton as well, and much sooner than Floyd did in my opinion. Defense should be part of a judges criteria for scoring a fight but the whole world seems to think that it's all about offense.

Comment

Like watching both.

Comment

whitaker...

Comment

I tend to appreciate defense more than offense, though I enjoy both equally. That's sort of why I'm more attached to defensive fighters, Floyd, Hopkins, Guzman, Whitaker and Moreno.

Comment

Neither guy is very exciting in the ring but at least with Floyd their was a chance he could land a big punch and stop his opponent, Whitaker is pretty much a guarantee decision

Comment

Working...
                      X