No announcement yet.

What does lineal champ mean to you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
    you two guys are complete ******s and boxing newbs with no clue. you cant even understand basic definitions nevermind boxing. you obviously dont even know what lineage means and you think you can apply it to boxing. what a pathetic disgrace to the sport it is to have you as fans. its such a shame
    Help me understand what undisputed is then? What's your definition of undisputed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      The guy is a moron. All he is saying is that only undisputed means lineage champ

I cant stand when guys like this preach shiiit they dont understand
      thats what it means you ****** if theres no undisputed champ how can there be any lineage?

you dont even understand what the word means

Comment

thats what it means you ****** if theres no undisputed champ how can there be any lineage?

you dont even understand what the word means
        What is undisputed to you?

I don't think you know what lineal means at all.

But, tell me how someone becomes undisputed and how that equate to lineal champ.

Comment

• I thought Ward became The Ring champion for beating Froch, not the Lineal champion.

Comment

• Undisputed doesn't mean ****. No one here puts much emphasis on the alphabets, why does it suddenly apply here? They strip folks of the belts as they please.

Rankings don't mean ****. If a lineal champ retires, the winner of #1 vs. #2 or 3 gives them the ring belt, as good a system as there is but still FLAWED because dudes can get to #1, 2 or 3 with PADDED records, with a **** ton of contenders below them THEY HAVEN'T FOUGHT. Like if Bradley fights the winner of peterson/khan at 140. the WBC belt wouldn't be on the line (and who gives a **** if it would be, they stripped bradley of it TWICE already) but the lineal WOULD because between the winner of Khan/Peterson and Bradley, they would've cleaned out the division and only have each other to fight (Bradley beating Peterson isn't applicable since the win was BEFORE the division was cleaned out, minus two guys. if you have a problem with that, go tell Khan. I didn't ****in tell him to fight peterson in DC @ 140.) Or ****ing heavyweight. Wlad and Vitali never earned lineal champ for one second yet, not because they aren't ATGs, not because they aren't awesome ****ing fighters, but because there's one fight left for that to happen. Obviously that **** isn't happening (just like Khan/peterson winner vs. Bradley @ 140 isn't) but that's how you ****in do it when it's vacant. You beat every mother****er out there. Nothing in the rule books of the WBC, WBA, IBF, Ring mag or anything like that says you have to do that. Because it's not the same thing. And when it comes to lineage that's the only way you can do it: To beat every top ranked ****ing fighter!

I'm positive **** that don't know **** will look at what I wrote and cry about dumb**** anyway, but you don't win a ****ing Lineal title by winning belts worth ****, or by just being number one, 2 or 3 and fighting 1,2 or 3 when the ****in lineal champ retires (and yea, I know the lineal champ isn't always the top ranked guy in a division.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
              I'm pretty sure he will. Bute doesn't even need the IBF to be considered the 2nd best at 168 and Ward doesn't need either title to be considered the best or lineal or ring champ. So I don't even know what you're getting at with this 2/3 nonsense.
              you dont understand what lineage is and if the belt is split into 3 pieces (wba,wbc,ibf) and you have 2 pieces you have 2 thirds of the title 2/3.

Comment

you dont understand what lineage is and if the belt is split into 3 pieces (wba,wbc,ibf) and you have 2 pieces you have 2 thirds of the title 2/3.
                There's 4 titles. You forgot the WBO.

Comment

Like Kev said, there is the WBO. And, the WBO is just as major as the WBC, WBA, and IBF. So..what does this mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                    What is undisputed to you?

I don't think you know what lineal means at all.

But, tell me how someone becomes undisputed and how that equate to lineal champ.
                    you can become undisputed by beating a guy who unified the title or you can unify the title yourself. if you beat a guy who unified the title you become lineal champ because you are first in the direct line of descent of the title. the guy that beats you is also lineal and so on and so on until the line breaks.

the original guy who unifies is not lineal he's undisputed

Comment

you can become undisputed by beating a guy who unified the title or you can unify the title yourself. if you beat a guy who unified the title you become lineal champ because you are first in the direct line of descent of the title. the guy that beats you is also lineal and so on and so on until the line breaks.

the original guy who unifies is not lineal he's undisputed
                      So to become lineal champ you need to beat the guy who has unified?

Comment

Working...
                      X