No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Molina To Appeal Disqualification Defeat To Kirkland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Round 5? Round 3, at the latest. Kirkland better not step up to that test.
    Round 3? More like 1 or 2.

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    Kirkland and Wolfe are media hype jobs the Angulo fight was a Fluke cause Angulo fought like an amatuer throwing punches like an idiot rather than pick his shots like a seasoned pro, If he had done this Kirkland would have been ko'd in 6 to 8 rounds. Lets see Sergio vs Kirkland so he can send this media hype job back to the ******
    Round 6? How about round 1 or 2?

Same round Ishida finished him off in... Round 1. I read Team Kirkland might be looking for a fight with Cornelius Bundrage next cause he holds the IBF strap. Go figure, a 38 year Bundrage. Let's totally ignore a rematch vs Molina or the fact that Lara called out the winner of them two. Ive been saying this since his fight with Ishida, Kirkland sucks. Then people overrated him cause he "beat" Angulo when Angulo was the one who beat himself. I just hate seeing ****ty fighters having the success when the ones who deserve it (Molina) get shafted.

Comment

It was a bs DQ. Molina was schooling Kirk.

How in the hell will Kirk, with his slow offense, one punch combos, no foot work and hit me in the face defense was gona destroy Cotto (according to many)? Miguel would brutaly KO Kirk.

Even Ann was telling Molima that he won the fight. Bs scam!

Comment

Kirk is overated and a hypejob.

How about Max licking his knuts with his coments the entire fight? It was embarasing!

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post

How about Max licking his knuts with his coments the entire fight? It was embarasing!
          Kellerman thought that Kirkland would be a good test for Martinez....

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            What's the point of appealing. It sucks that it happened but the rules are the rules. It won't be overturned and it shouldn't be.
            What rule are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
              What rule are you talking about?
              the rule is a cornerman is not allowed to enter the ring while the fight is going on or it's an automatic DQ.

Now, clearly there was confusion cuz the bell rang but the ref was also clearly counting Molina, I think he was on 6 or 7 when his corner man entered the ring.

that is technically a rule. So I don't think molina will have any luck at all overturning this.

with that said....the ref ****** ass. You have to use common sense and he blew it. Clearly there was confusion that caused it and the ref should have turned a blind eye and just ignored it.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                the rule is a cornerman is not allowed to enter the ring while the fight is going on or it's an automatic DQ.

Now, clearly there was confusion cuz the bell rang but the ref was also clearly counting Molina, I think he was on 6 or 7 when his corner man entered the ring.

that is technically a rule. So I don't think molina will have any luck at all overturning this.

with that said....the ref ****** ass. You have to use common sense and he blew it. Clearly there was confusion that caused it and the ref should have turned a blind eye and just ignored it.
                During the round, seconds (b) Must not mount the stairs or apron or enter the ring until the bell indicates the end of a round.

the bell had rang....Now what about in a case of knockdown at the end of the round.

Under the ABC referee guidelines: "The bell to the the round should not be sounded by the timekeeper during a count. The timekeeper is to ring the bell after the count and the referee's evaluation."

The timekeeper made a mistake by ringing the bell during the count. Once the bell rings the corner man can go in the ring cuz' the round is over. Molina corner didn't break any rule. The timekeeper had to ring the bell once the count was done.

The corner did nothing under the "RULES".

The outcome should be overturn to a NC. You can't give Molina the W because there is no way of knowing he would have won. But, they should overturn this and call it a NC. Since no rule was broken. The only one who broke the RULE was the timekeeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                  Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Kellerman thought that Kirkland would be a good test for Martinez....
                  Max Kellerman has been the only one hyping Kirkland aside from his fans. First time I heard about Kirkland was, I forgot during whose fight, when they brought up the JMW roster and Kellerman was all over Kirkland. Next thing I know couple of weeks later I see Kirkland fighting Ishida and DOWN HE GOES. I was like wtf is this? This is the joke Kellerman was talking about? They blamed his trainer for his KO L to Ishida, Idk how that's the trainers fault but ok. Then he goes on to fighting a couple of bums before Angulo and everybody starts riding Kirkland's and Anne Wolf's ****. After that, dumbass Angulo blows it and gasses himself out. What some people failed to realize is we've been watching the same old ****ty Kirkland this whole time and most didn't realize it till last night.

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post

The ref was the one who issued the DQ but cause he was TOLD TO. It was not his decision. After he gave Molina the counted he ran over to the side and apparently someone was telling him what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                    During the round, seconds (b) Must not mount the stairs or apron or enter the ring until the bell indicates the end of a round.

the bell had rang....Now what about in a case of knockdown at the end of the round.

Under the ABC referee guidelines: "The bell to the the round should not be sounded by the timekeeper during a count. The timekeeper is to ring the bell after the count and the referee's evaluation."

The timekeeper made a mistake by ringing the bell during the count. Once the bell rings the corner man can go in the ring cuz' the round is over. Molina corner didn't break any rule. The timekeeper had to ring the bell once the count was done.

The corner did nothing under the "RULES".

The outcome should be overturn to a NC. You can't give Molina the W because there is no way of knowing he would have won. But, they should overturn this and call it a NC. Since no rule was broken. The only one who broke the RULE was the timekeeper.
                    hmm that's a good point. They should have a hearing on the matter. It's one of those gray areas I think.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post

The ref was the one who issued the DQ but cause he was TOLD TO. It was not his decision. After he gave Molina the counted he ran over to the side and apparently someone was telling him what to do.
                      From what it sounded to me he ran over there and told them he was DQ'ing molina. Not positive though.

Comment

Working...
                      X