Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can people have Martinez p4p ahead of JMM?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
    1-Floyd
    2-Manny
    3-Sergio
    4-Jmm
    5-Donaire

sorry but Jmm did lose his last fight and before that he beat a no name and before that he beat Katsidis and Diaz and before that was dominated by Floyd
    Agreed with you about JMM and Martinez. However I can't agree with you or anyone that has Pac as Top 2 let alone top 5.

You talk about JMM not doing much, well what has Pac done since beating Cotto at a CW? Clottey? Mosley? Margarito? Barley beat JMM?

Ward, Mayweather and Martinez should be over Pac without a question.... Then I would say JMM, Wlad, Donaire/Pac.

1. Ward
    2. Mayweather
    3. Martinez
    4. JMM
    5. Wlad Klit
    6. Donaire/Pac

Pac is still living off a 2009 CW win over Cotto. He hasn't accomplished anything other than proving to everyone that he's exactly the same fighter who fought JMM back in 2008. Which is why a lot of the hype for a Mayweather Pac fight is not there anymore. People now want to see Mayweather take on the best MW in the world thats on a 4 fight TKO/KO streak.....

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Yeah I don't get it either, you can even make a case for Marquez being above Pacquiao, only an idiot or casual boxing fan believes Pacman actually won the last fight. Sergio is close though, and if he beats somebody like Andy Lee or Pirog next I can't really argue with him being at number 3.
      so jake donovan and cliff rold are idiots now?....lol

Comment

Most people thought he won the Pacquiao fight. Marquez and Mayweather should be ahead of Pacquiao right now.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
          I am a massive Martinez fan, but I agree. Marquez should be ahead of him.

Marquez is a legend. He beat Pac handily and I don't count the Floyd loss at all considering the circumstances of the fight.

In fact, I think there is an argument for having Marquez as p4p #1
          I will agreee and check my past post of Marquez being ahead of Donaire but not ahead of martinez right now. I have my logic of why want Martinez fight Pirog and why didnt Marquez fight Khan or the Ghost. Both to me are top tier talent but one is an ATG and the other came on late with great match-making IMO. We truly downplay the Klits dominance because of the talent in the heavyweight division but to me there ahead of donaire, ward and bradley.

Marquez shouldnt be ahead of Floyd but he does have an argument to be ahead of PAC AND IM TALKING SINCE THERE 2004 fight. Eventhough I thought he lost to Barrera and ducked Ghost and Khan. The mayweather fight had disaster written all over it because he fought a bigger man with the same skillset. IMO I would rank him second and Martinez third and Pac fourth because of recent match-making and skills shown in the ring.

Martinez either needs to step up to Pirog and fight or do a catch-weight with ward and stop calling out PAC and Mayweather. Kirkland is at 154 and Lara plus a few other worthy challengers. K-9. Canelo, Baysangurov but someone whom I think he could get some very big quality points off of is a win over PIROG but for some reason he wants no part of the russian.

Comment

I agree.

Marquez, without a doubt, deserves to be ahead of Martinez.

Comment

Kinda feel the same way. JMM should be 1, 2, or 3 depending on how you view it. I have him 3, with Martinez 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                The first Paul Williams fight wasn't a robbery, never was, one would have to be blind to suggest that. I do know about that one judge with the horrific scorecard, still, it was a fight that could have gone either way, one I scored a draw. He definitely beat Cintron though. Also, I've been accused of overrating Martinez and giving him too much credit, so again I do acknowledge what he's done, but moving up two weight divisions to beat Pacquiao...that's extremely impressive and warrants the spot. Most impressive win I've seen in who knows how long.
                Marquez moved 2 weight division to fight floyd, he only went up 1 division to fight Pac. I won't discredit his performance against Pac because non of us were expecting that, but at the end day he got the loss, and that's what counts even if he outclassed him that night.

Comment

1. mayweather
                  2. marquez
                  3. martinez
                  then whatever list you wanna put the other names

Comment

Working...
                  X