Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can people have Martinez p4p ahead of JMM?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is Sergio ranked over Wlad? P4P lists are only opinion based. Sergio was ranked because he beat Pavlik and PWill in impressive fashion. He beat a top 154lber at 160 and a couple more Euro ppl.

Sergio should move to 168 if he's walking around at 180. Sergio is 38, we have to remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
      I consider those two to be pretty good fighters, more so than the battle worn Diaz and Katsidis. The thing is there isn't much better out there, Kirkland to me ain't any much better than Dzinziruk or Macklin, neither is Lara, no fighter has really stood out and some have shown too many flaws in the ring. I saw how basic Angulo was after his performance against Joel Julio, yet everyone jumped on the bandwagon, now Kirkland beats him and people are on that bandwagon too. On the real the talent pool at 154 ain't all that and I've said it's an overrated division for a while now.
      Hm? Martinez fights at 160.

Comment

I said this to my boyfriend when Martinez-Macklin first aired..I dont know how they rank it!..if Pac is #1..and you beat the number #1 fighter..you should be much higher on that list.. While I enjoy watching Martinez..he just hasnt performed as well against less than stellar opponents vs JMM..save the KO talk..luckily it worked out in his favor, because he was dead even, if not down (and rightfully so) on the scorecards in his last fight...

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
          Hm? Martinez fights at 160.
          Yes I know, I went off base but I'm simply saying, the same guys you consider euro bums, the guys out there with all the hype like Lara, Kirkland, they aren't any better. All I'm saying.

Comment

The reason why people don't give JMM his just due p4p is because they dont expect him to stick around on the list for very long. For a couple of years now people have been expecting him to decline a lot more then he has, even Pac thought so. He's been in a lot of wars, Martinez on the other hands is just a bit fresher at this point.

Comment

not even sure Pacquiao should still be ahead of him to be honest

but yes he should be ahead of MARTINEZ AND DONAIRE IMO!

Comment

Lets say that a JMM-Martinez fight gets made at a 150 catch-weight.

Would that be a fight where the winner doesn't deserve any credit? No matter who the winner is.

Comment

You really can't go wrong with neither fighter. The past couple of years have been great for both fighters outside of Likar Ramos and Darren Barker. I have Martinez ahead of the fact that he's keeping his hot streak going without controversy or any bull**** fights like that of Ramos.

I won't fault anyone having JMM ahead of Sergio, Floyd or Manny. It's all opinions, but as of right now Sergio is slightly ahead in whatever rankings I happen to have

Comment

Yeah I don't get it either, you can even make a case for Marquez being above Pacquiao, only an idiot or casual boxing fan believes Pacman actually won the last fight. Sergio is close though, and if he beats somebody like Andy Lee or Pirog next I can't really argue with him being at number 3.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
                      finished watching his last fight and HBO crew talking about sergio #3 p4p and stupid max kellerman tweets them during the fight that he has sergio #4, behind Donaire.

Is there anyone that really thinks if they were the same size that JMM wouldnt school the **** out of Martinez? Martinez had trouble with Macklin's combinations which landed pretty easily, he would never be able to beat JMM, isnt that the basis of p4p?

JMM's majority decision loss to Pac, with one judge having it even and the majority of fans having it a win, is better then Martinez' last two fights with fighters way below Manny's level and it being an even fight going into the 10th.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing after Lampley's comment about Sergio being "universally" recognized as p4p #3, honestly I think you can make a case for him being behind both Andre Ward and Nonito Donaire based on his competition.

Comment

Working...
                      X