Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ishe: Mayweather Damn Near Knocked Out Omar Henry!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ishe is correct

Comment

Again, this reminds me of the stark contrasts in the stories that come out of Floyd and Pac's camps.

Floyd is always a hungry killer knocking sparring partners out and bloodying them brutally in ways he rarely does in actual fights.

Pac is always distracted, and having a bad camp.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        call me crazy but i thought floyd could beat jermain taylor easy after i saw the corey spinks fight

not that crazy if you think about it and you saw the fight
        I remember that night specifically... had a few friends over I was trying to convert to boxing fans.. I was ready for some HBO boxing, had drinks and everything.. .then just sat on the couch and watched the main event like.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
          Ishe needs to stop spreading rumors and mind his own business. It's funny how quiet this camp has gone so far, but the only reports we hear about it is from someone who isn't even there.
          He wasnt there when this session happened but came the next day. But he's telling the truth. Floyd had he's people turn off the bell and they went until one of them stopped.....guess who stopped first..

Comment

Not surprising considering Henry's inexperience and Henry has only shown that he can fight one way which is coming forward, Floyd's a beast in the pocket. Cotto is gonna do alot more boxing, I don't care what anyone says but that's exactly what he's gonna do, box, use the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              I think the word "dominate" is used too much and often when it's not appropriate. "Exciting" is over-used the same way.

Here's a little point to chew over. If a fight is stopped, say, in the 2nd rd. the fighters have not fought for 6 mins. they've fought from between about 3.25 mins. and 6 mins. Take this sparring partner Henry.

He's had 12 fights and is credited with 20 rds. Very few rounds indeed, so he's a tyro. Considering that nearly every fight was a stoppage, he really didn't fight 20 rds, but more likely not more than 15 full rds. So the guy is a true beginner, been KO-ing everyone, never really been hit.

So what's the big publicity for over being "nearly" KO'd by Mayweather?? if it had been anyone else who'd hit him,he still might have been "nearly Ko'd". In fact these things must happen every day at training camps and we never hear about them.

What I smell is BUMPFH...... PR crap......We always hear things like this when some PR is needed to boost up a boxer's image. Also a little intimidation for the opponent's camp and to help with ticket sales.

I believe it sometimes indicates that things are not going too well in camp. of course I don't know that this is so, but in the past, very often hearing the same story about X killing his sparring partners, he's performed like a damp squib in the actual fight.

We'll have to wait and see.
              This was really a case of Ishe Smith airing out Omar Henry...he's saying that dude's a bum not saying that Mayweather almost stopping him is impressive, he's impressed by Floyd for other reasons, not cuz of what he did to some guy he doesn't respect as a good fighter...u know?

But mostly when I've heard PR type **** from Floyd's camp its been true, he's come out like a beast in his last 2 fights, the only times I've really heard Floyd big up his camp recently. Prior to that was the times he was going against Gatti or the fights he had at 140 and he was a monster then too...he's filling out and getting used to this weight without losing his speed. I'm sure he's gonna be at his best for Cotto

Comment

typical floyd. should have, would have, could have.. he couldn't even knock out Henry who has 10 fights it's always he came close though lol

Comment

Yeah, right.
                  Cotto is a beast too: a gored beast. Out in 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                    typical floyd. should have, would have, could have.. he couldn't even knock out Henry who has 10 fights it's always he came close though lol
                    u do realize omar henry is a middleweight rite??? smh...

Comment

no surprise, Mayweather trains like no other fighter in boxing today

I don't think Henry is a "BUM" though, I think he needs to FOCUS more on his career in boxing instead of trying to run around and taking pictures with Stars, hopefully he learned some things working with Mayweather that he can apply to his own camp when he is preparing for fights

Comment

Working...
                      X