No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella: If Kirkland Wants Martinez, We'll Do it Any Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
    I don't think Kirkland is getting past Molina, so no one is going to want to see that fight this time next week
    1B on Kirkland whooping that ass. Inbox me if interested.

As for DiBella...that dude is much worse than Arum. He has so many double standards, it's crazy. Fuck that guy! If he had the power as Arum/GB, he'd be hurting the sport much more. Thank god he's not.

Comment

Can anybody explain to me what the titles that Martinez was carrying are? I know he had the green WBC "Diamond" belt, but he was also wearing a red,white, and blue WBO belt. I don't see anything anywhere that says a WBO title was being contested for. Which WBO title was he wearing?

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
        They will meet or call Floyd out at 154 but won't do the same for a puncher like Kirkland. Lou can't fight his way out of a donut shop but want to dictate and tell fighters where they should or shouldn't be. These are the guys making a mess out of boxing. The Promoters! of self. Shame on all these bad people pretending to care about the fighter, and then who wind up broke.
        Are people this stupid? Obviously he would move down for Floyd fuking Mayweather but who the hell is Kirkland to move down for?

Comment

Dibella I once respected for being a middle Ish promoter who tries quite hard and is passionate for his boxers, but the more he is getting there, the more I realise that he is just the same.

Ducking pirog? Wants Chavez? Wants Kirkland? Won't move up to 168 when Martinez is 174 walking?

Wants PAC or may..

Comment

The Kirkland Molina fight won't even be close. Kirk will annihilate Molina. If Molina had more punching power, I might reconsider. I know Ishida doesn't have punching power either; I understand that.

Anyway, that said, after seeing Martinez's last few fights, I'm not convinced he's comfortable with fighters that apply pressure.

Kirkland would apply great pressure and land huge shots on Martinez. I actually have Kirk winning the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Kirkland looks bigger to me than Martinez even though he fights at 154. I'm not sure how exactly this would be a problem. It will probably help Kirkland not having to dehydrate so much. If Kirkland doesn't want to stay at 160, he can come back down to 154 after he fights Martinez. Just don't gain extra weight.

This is like Pacquiao fighting Bradley at 147 instead of 140. Not really an issue. It'll just be easier to make weight even if both can fight at the lower weight class.
              Kirkland doesn't fight at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                1B on Kirkland whooping that ass. Inbox me if interested.

As for DiBella...that dude is much worse than Arum. He has so many double standards, it's crazy. Fuck that guy! If he had the power as Arum/GB, he'd be hurting the sport much more. Thank god he's not.

I agree........

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                  The Kirkland Molina fight won't even be close. Kirk will annihilate Molina. If Molina had more punching power, I might reconsider. I know Ishida doesn't have punching power either; I understand that.

Anyway, that said, after seeing Martinez's last few fights, I'm not convinced he's comfortable with fighters that apply pressure.

Kirkland would apply great pressure and land huge shots on Martinez. I actually have Kirk winning the fight.
                  I've got the exact opposite opinion. The last 2 fights that he has some relative trouble with (although greatly exaggerated) were guys who laid back and tried to make him come forward and counter him. Kirkland is going to come in much the same way that PW did, and he's got a big problem doing that, he doesn't have as good a chin as PW does. Kirkland gets blacked out by Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

How on earth have you deduced that from his last few fights? He has been fighting guys who tried to box him and they had some success doing that.

The last pressure fighters he fought were Pavlik and Williams. And look what happened to them.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
                      Dibella I once respected for being a middle Ish promoter who tries quite hard and is passionate for his boxers, but the more he is getting there, the more I realise that he is just the same.

Ducking pirog? Wants Chavez? Wants Kirkland? Won't move up to 168 when Martinez is 174 walking?

Wants PAC or may..
                      Walking around at 174 doesn't mean he can make 168 for a fight, there's a reason why he doesn't even make 160. Sure he can if you want a bloated and out of shape Martinez in the ring that won't last 7 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X