Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella: If Kirkland Wants Martinez, We'll Do it Any Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mayb a good bout but not in NY, let's c if Kirk gets by Molina but doesn't Kirk want Alvarez??? makes more sense...

Comment

I heard him say they could fight at 155 somewhere. I guess they just have more leverage as the middleweight champ.

Comment

Originally posted by zzat View Post
        Isn't this the same DiBella who said Martinez was comfortable at 154? I could have sworn I saw something along those lines yesterday. Now Martinez won't go down to 154?! I'd love to see Martinez against Thomas Oosthuizen but then again Oosthuizen is at 168.
        He would be comfortable at 154 but why should he go down for Kirkland? What would be the point?

Comment

Please, Martinez would pummel Kirkland with jabs and straights, this fight won't last 7 rds. James would come charging at Martinez like a bull and get straffed with counters until the KO.

Comment

This would be Calzaghe vs Lacy II

But Kirkland doesn't have Lacy's chin.

Comment

If Ishida can KO Kirkland, then Martinez will be able to do it a lot faster. James Kirkland has a chin every professional boxer would hate to have, his conditioning is excellent as is his recovery, but Martinez left will rub any advantages Kirkland has out for good once he starts landing his left hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                He would be comfortable at 154 but why should he go down for Kirkland? What would be the point?
                Yeah just because he could make 154 and be comfortable doesn't mean he wants to or should do it for any fight. If it's not going to be a marque fight it should be at 160, where he is the lineal champ. For something worthwhile I'm sure he could be at 154 no problem. Kirkland isn't a guy he needs to go chase or make concessions for. I'd like to see the fight, but the fight I'd much rather see Kirkland in is against my boy Paul Williams. Talk about an all action fight. Martinez is just too good for Kirkland. PW was able to fight that style against Martinez in fight 1 and win, but PW has a better chin than Kirkland and for all the crap he gets is still a more skilled fighter than Kirkland.

Comment

The business side of boxing suck because of promoters like this

They will meet or call Floyd out at 154 but won't do the same for a puncher like Kirkland. Lou can't fight his way out of a donut shop but want to dictate and tell fighters where they should or shouldn't be. These are the guys making a mess out of boxing. The Promoters! of self. Shame on all these bad people pretending to care about the fighter, and then who wind up broke.

Comment

Kirkland vs Martinez
                    Kirkland vs Lara
                    Lara vs Martinez

Lets get it. Like everyone said, Kirkland's chin doesn't stand a chance vs Martinez lol. I also got Molina over Kirkland.

Comment

Kirkland looks bigger to me than Martinez even though he fights at 154. I'm not sure how exactly this would be a problem. It will probably help Kirkland not having to dehydrate so much. If Kirkland doesn't want to stay at 160, he can come back down to 154 after he fights Martinez. Just don't gain extra weight.

This is like Pacquiao fighting Bradley at 147 instead of 140. Not really an issue. It'll just be easier to make weight even if both can fight at the lower weight class.
                      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-20-2012, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X