No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner will be the next fighter of the decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    And compare Floyd at that weight class...Floyd was a BEAST back then...Broner is just a dog...and not even a pitbull, he's a golden retriever
    Wow they wont let me say p a c t a r d s

Comment

The reason I like Broner is because you can see a noticiable improvement. His defense is slowly improving each fight.

He has power and speed. That's deadly. He has good composure.

His personality doesn't represent the kind of guy I like, but I'm not going to deny how talented he is a young age. It's also refreshing to see that he's willing to take on the best at that age compared to guys like Canelo and Chavez Jr. His resume thus far is better then both. Chavez Jr isn't ducking as bad as Canelo though. He has beat some ok guys. He just needs to fight Martinez to shut people up.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
        People didn't really take Floyd as being "the truth" until he went up against threats like Corrales and Castillo at that point in his career. When Broner faces and handles guys who many consider elite and threats to beat him, then he may be on his way. But I don't think adopting Floyd's style and confidence automatically will make him that.

Floyd's been doing what he did to Perez vs much better opposition for a long time in multiple weight classes in major fights. So Broner has some catching up to do.

Potential? Yes. Too early to proclaim? Yes.
        not true form the outset a lot of people saw something truly special with Mayweather. The same with Jones Jr

while there is some buzz about the talent Broner possesses I don't hear the same things I heard when the names Mayweather and Jones Jr were brought up.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
          Wow they wont let me say p a c t a r d s
          I can. Pactards.

Comment

At the rate boxing is going, he might be. I like his skill and he won't be easy to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
              not true form the outset a lot of people saw something truly special with Mayweather. The same with Jones Jr

while there is some buzz about the talent Broner possesses I don't hear the same things I heard when the names Mayweather and Jones Jr were brought up.
              Jones Jr and Mayweather were also popular on the Olympic level. That may have been the difference. Maybe Im wrong but I dont remeber hearing about Broner and the Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
                The reason I like Broner is because you can see a noticiable improvement. His defense is slowly improving each fight.

He has power and speed. That's deadly. He has good composure.

His personality doesn't represent the kind of guy I like, but I'm not going to deny how talented he is a young age. It's also refreshing to see that he's willing to take on the best at that age compared to guys like Canelo and Chavez Jr. His resume thus far is better then both. Chavez Jr isn't ducking as bad as Canelo though. He has beat some ok guys. He just needs to fight Martinez to shut people up.
                His defense didnt improve...from what I been hearing, he ALWAYS had defense...I hear about him doing all types of things in sparring...he can dance, box, flatfooted...anything goes with him...but he's showing weaknesses in his fights...and I keep hearing people diss his accuracy....to me it seem like he's punching in the right direction, he just cant reach the target..lol...or maybe he's not punching thru his target the way he's supposed to...I dunno...I just dont see him remaining unbeaten...MAYBE he will be a great champion...a champion that loses, and comes back, and loses, and comes back...thats his only hope...cuz a loss, is definately in his future...as far as his personality...I LOVE it...this guy;s personality is Floyd's on roids..he's WAAY funnier, better trash talk, clever trash talk, metaphoricle in a gifted way.."I talk trash cuz I backs it up like a dump truck with a loud beep".."I'll get in yo ass like a diaper rash".."I puts boys to sleep like I brings nyquil to the ring"..thats the only thing I like about him....and he copys Floyd too much...tried to choke perez with a fake choke...he didnt even put pressure on the boy's kneck...it was a lame pretend choke, like Bro if u gonna choke em, then choke em...everyone gonna break it up anyway...and on twitter he tried to copy Floyd by threatening to make people dissapear...Like bro...Floyd is CRAZY FOREAL..Floyd MIGHT make someone dissapear...he MIGHT Choke the **** out of someone...Let Floyd be Floyd...Floyd's craziness makes him a better fighter...Broner's pretend craziness makes his ***ryding jump to a WHOLE new lvl...like ur gonna copy every single detail of Floyd's personality?..Tanx, but no Tanx!

Comment

Jones Jr and Mayweather were also popular on the Olympic level. That may have been the difference. Maybe Im wrong but I dont remeber hearing about Broner and the Olympics.
                  Someone told me he had 300 fights...Im not sure...but he still not POPULAR from his olympic fights like Floyd and Oscar were

Comment

wasn't talking about popularity at all

talking about that it factor that people saw in Jones Jr and Mayweather from the early outset

Comment

I think in the boxing sense. Gary Russell Jr has up more upside. I like his skills and talent better.

But, I think Adrien Broner has more potential of becoming a star.

Comment

Working...
                      X