No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner will be the next fighter of the decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Yeah, but pretty much everyone is doing it,,, pauli, Bradley, Devon, khan, ghost, maidana etc.. They are all multiple weight class title holders..

Ghost Guerrero has gone from featherweight to welter and won a bunch of titles and still has yet to have a signature win besides if you count Berto

Belts are pretty worthless
    Ok. That's not 3 weight classes and it isn't everyone. Belts may not have the significance they once did, agreed. But we can't just scrutinize belts won by guys we don't like in this era and not do that for all beltholders.

Like I said to irondan, broner still had to win those fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
      you don't have to throw them all out. you just have to actually look who they fought on a case by case basis. ok leonard beat benitez, kalule, and hagler. he checks out. broner beat rodriguez(who?), demarco, and malignaggi. he doesn't check out.
      That's ridiculous. Broner nor Leonard had any control over who had the belts before they got the fight. If you saw my earlier post, I already stated Broner doing it isn't the same as others.

Bottom line is even with a clown like Broner he did go out and win the fights. So I'm all for trashing modern beltholders so long as it's done with everyone that got a cheap belts through promoter hookups and beat weak champs, not just Broner.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        That's ridiculous. Broner nor Leonard had any control over who had the belts before they got the fight. If you saw my earlier post, I already stated Broner doing it isn't the same as others.

Bottom line is even with a clown like Broner he did go out and win the fights. So I'm all for trashing modern beltholders so long as it's done with everyone that got a cheap belts through promoter hookups and beat weak champs, not just Broner.
        well none of the guys broner fought would have been champ in any other era except the 4 belt era and even in the 4 belt era the "champs" he fought were weak sh-it. you really think leonard would have targeted rodriguez and malignaggi? pretty sure he would have went for guys like pac and floyd since he did that his entire career. broner's last 3 fights are complete jokes. he has garcia, peterson, matthysse etc right in front of him but haymon is clearly biding time until he can get broner another easy belt. also a lot of multi division champs get trashed. guerrero never beat a soul either and pretends to be a 6 time champ or something.
        Last edited by daggum; 02-15-2015, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          He sucks Brush. Entertaining? Yes.

That's it. He hit bis peak. Maidana laid the blue print
          He doesn't suck. He just had a bad night, and he didn't take Maidana seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
            well none of the guys broner fought would have been champ in any other era except the 4 belt era and even in the 4 belt era the "champs" he fought were weak sh-it. you really think leonard would have targeted rodriguez and malignaggi? pretty sure he would have went for guys like pac and floyd since he did that his entire career. broner's last 3 fights are complete jokes. he has garcia, peterson, matthysse etc right in front of him but haymon is clearly biding time until he can get broner another easy belt. also a lot of multi division champs get trashed. guerrero never beat a soul either and pretends to be a 6 time champ or something.
            Daggum your points are well taken regarding the era. I'm just saying if you do this with broner it's only fair to do it with every boxer who won belts in the same fashion.

Haymon getting broner this belt is no different than the lalonde crap with leonard.

Again, broner is not great and his title wins are by no means legendary, but he won his belts.

As for ghost-that BS doesn't make sense.

Comment

• His CV is still wafer thin. Garcia will be moving up a division soon, so there will be titles up for grabs at 140, and Broner will pick one no doubt. The top guys at 140 though..Lucas, Crawford(?) would have easy nights with Broner IMO.

I just don't think he's that good a fighter. I certainly can't see him ever being a top 10 of the decade kind of fighter, never mind fighter of the decade.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                He doesn't suck. He just had a bad night, and he didn't take Maidana seriously.
                He looked crap against Molina and Taylor.

Comment

• He isn't changing.

He isn't staying in shape between bouts.

He is Canelo footed.

He gets hit often.

He went life and death with Taylor.

Comment

• he will win fighter of the century imo.

Comment

• Oh LARRRRYY X-D

Comment

Working...
                      X