Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The True Story Behind Gamboa's Actions. (No Bull****)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
    In one word....Yes.

Gamboa's attorney, Sekou Gary, confirmed what ******.com was initially informed of through an e-mail which read the "April 14 Top Rank show, Rios v Gamboa is dead on HBO," and which cited an HBO internal email with a cancel notice.

"But I think that the evidence will show that the promotional contract between Gamboa and Top Rank has expired, and that there clearly was never any agreement to fight the Brandon Rios fight. The original promotional contract that Gamboa signed has expired, and then the contract that Top Rank is operating under with Gamboa is not valid."

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
      Here is the deal. There are two clear reason's for Gamboa's actions, and they are both in the end connected as well.

1. Top Rank takes at least 30% of Gamboa's purse, Ahmet Oner who is not only Gamboa's co promoter, he also happens to be with Gamboa before top rank and in fact was the guy who paid and got Gamboa out of Cuba takes about another 30%. I'll just focus on the big boys and skip over the managers like Luis DeCubas and Gonzales who are also taking a percentage of his purse.

So just there you are leaving Gamboa, the fighter, taking home only 40%.

But it dosen't end there.

2. Gamboa is used to his cuban trainer 'Ismael Salas' and became champion with him, said he would never want to fight for anyone else. Top Rank forces him to switch trainer and go with Emmanuel Stewart right before the biggest and most dangerous fight of his career, even though gamboa was completely against it. Oh and dosen't speak a word of english by the way.

Not only that, but add to that that Emmanuel Stewart for being who he is would most likely take no less than 10% of gamboa's cut.

At this point Gamboa's purse is left at 30% to fight his biggest fight without his head trainer.

Is he really to blame for not fighting Rios ? Or is the corruption in boxing we should be once again blaming.

Its a good one to think about.
      Great points and very good post.

But still Gamboa its not new to the game, no one but himself brought this situation on him and his career its gonna suffer. I wish him nothing but the best but IMO, he should fight Rios even if the purse its kinda low and take his career to the next level.

Because what he is doing right now can destroy his life long hard work... and that its a damn tragedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
        here is the thing I have been told

as far as his contract goes he believes it's expired much like the way Donaire thought his was as well. My guess is that TR has options on renewal which they probably exercised and Gamboa isn't realizing that

now as far as the actual fight is concerned let me ask you this

how do you take an advance on a fight that you never agreed to?
        Where is the proof that arum gave him an advance? Did Gamboa ever confirm this?

Comment

It's a messed up situation, anyone dumb enough to call a Gamboa a coward are just posting for attention

Comment

Originally posted by MonsieurGeorges View Post
            All of this may be true but it is irrelevant if he signed on the dotted line. He isn't a child, he is responsible for his actions. He is the number 1 ranked feather, he should take all comers and if his finances are screwed up where does the blame lie?
            he never signed a contract, you know that right ?

Comment

Well, taking someone out the country is a big thing, and costs money. 30% cut is the deal he accepted...

I would rather have 300k out of a mil than being sued, and not fight at all.

Comment

but but but Arum said he did...

Comment

A contract can be valid without signing it, you know that right?

Comment

So yo think its OK for promoters and managers to screw over fighters with ridiculous contracts and taking his money although he is the one who is going to take punishment in the ring ?
                    You're trying to reason with irrational, selfish, "Fuck Gamboa because I really wanted to watch that fight... Who gives a ***** if he gets paid, it's his own fault" **** riders and/or assholes, who are incapable of even attempting to look at the situation and circumstances from a different perspective, let alone Gamboa's.

If Gamboa were to end up broke and having to auction off his Gamecube (see Tommy Hearns), they'd be the same assholes saying "What an idiot... he made $1.2M against Rios, he deserves being broke..."

His current attorney is finally looking out for Gamboa. Way too many people have their hands in Gamboa's pockets, he's in a worse position than Pacquiao was whenhe was signed to Murad Muhammad.

Comment

I don't blame Gamboa at all. He's the one giving blood sweat and tears in the ring. No way any asswipe promoters should take most of the money. I'd rather be broke than make another man rich off my hard work.

Comment

Working...
                      X