Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume Pernell Whitaker or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bluetech View Post
    pernell beats pac at any weight but pac has the better resume.

Plenty of fighters that are ranked higher that would get beaten by fighters with lesser resume.

Nevertheless,

Resume > Skills, talent, hypothetical greatness and one on one match ups.

I could see floyd beating some boxers in the ATG top 20 but that doesnt mean Floyd should rank higher.

I remember how old school vanguards love to use the resume defense when trying to be blatantly biased about ranking old school fighters much higher yet when a modern fighter clearly has the much more decorated resume than a older timed fighter, they want to abandon their Resume > over anything mantra.

Hypocrites.
    Originally posted by Bluetech View Post
    stop trying to warp, twist, and RIG an argument to fit your agenda.

jake lamotta beat ray robinson. who did chavez beat that was better than ray robinson? that means that lamotta ranks higher than chavez?

dont be crooked for old fightes jab. How many times have i heard old school vanguards say Resume *****s one on one hypothetical match ups, talent, and perceived greatness?

Yet when a modern fighter is clearly more decorated than a older fighter, you use the argument floyd stan ***g*ts like to use for floyd against oldschool fighters.

Again, pernell beats pac at any weight, but you cannot deny pac has the greater resume.

Division Titles
    Pac > Sweet Pea

More Wins (remember old school farts love to rep fightes with 150 plus wins)
    Pac > Sweet Pea

Fighter of the Decade
    Pac > Sweet Pea

More fighter of the Years
    Pac >Sweet Pea

More knockout of the Years
    Pac > Sweet Pea

More time p4p 1#
    Pac> Sweet Pea

More Hall of Fame Wins
    Pac > Sweet Pea

Again, i think pernell is the better boxer and would beat pac at any weight but that doesnt change the fact that pac is the more decorated fighter.

Pernell Whitaker only has ONE Hall of Fame Win in his ENTIRE CAREER:

vs Azumah Nelson

If you count the robbery against chavez, that's 2. That's it.

Pacquiao has how many hall of fame wins?

2x Morales
    2x Barerra
    2x Marquez
    1x De La Hoya
    1x Mosley

That's 8 HALL OF FAME WINS MINIMUM. If Hatton and Cotto get in, that's 10 FREAKING WINS VS HALL OF FAME BOXERS. Add his fighter of the decade, his reign has p4p king (been p4p 10 since 2003), multiple fighter of the years, knock out of the year, his longevity, his historic accomplishments, his star power,

its quite clear pacquiao has the much superior resume than Pernell. Again, I THINK PERNELL BEATS PACQUIAO AT ANY WEIGHT, but the fact of the matter is Pacquiao CLEARLY HAS THE BETTER RESUME THAN WHITAKER.

I know Pacquiao is polarizing, and saying somebody is better than pernell is boxing taboo, but Pacquiao's resume is clearly better than whitaker.

clearly.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I cannot stand when people just blindly state "He officially lost" about a robbery. That loss and draw are total bullsh** that objective fans universally recognize as bullsh**. Coming from someone who barely acknowledges that Vitali got stopped by Lennox Lewis, holding the Ramirez and Chavez fights against Whitaker are plain bias and are bullsh** for you to post.
      He's like the majority of people on here.

Boxrec tells all.

Comment

• Have seen almost every fight Whitaker fought and no way in hell did Ramirez win there first fight or the Chavez fight was a draw.

Whitaker at 35 past his prime, out from rehab, and out of the ring for 18 months still gave Trinidad problems for 12 rounds.

Whitaker had 3 opponents in almost every fight, the opponnent, Don King, and the WBC organisation.

Comment

stop trying to warp, twist, and RIG an argument to fit your agenda.

jake lamotta beat ray robinson. who did chavez beat that was better than ray robinson? that means that lamotta ranks higher than chavez?

dont be crooked for old fightes jab. How many times have i heard old school vanguards say Resume *****s one on one hypothetical match ups, talent, and perceived greatness?

Yet when a modern fighter is clearly more decorated than a older fighter, you use the argument floyd stan ***g*ts like to use for floyd against oldschool fighters.

Again, pernell beats pac at any weight, but you cannot deny pac has the greater resume.

Division Titles
          Pac > Sweet Pea

More Wins (remember old school farts love to rep fightes with 150 plus wins)
          Pac > Sweet Pea

Fighter of the Decade
          Pac > Sweet Pea

More fighter of the Years
          Pac >Sweet Pea

More knockout of the Years
          Pac > Sweet Pea

More time p4p 1#
          Pac> Sweet Pea

More Hall of Fame Wins
          Pac > Sweet Pea

Again, i think pernell is the better boxer and would beat pac at any weight but that doesnt change the fact that pac is the more decorated fighter.
          Exactly what argument am I trying to warp? I asked a simple question. If you noticed, I haven't voted in the poll or said Pea had a better resume. I think their resumes are pretty close and would probably even edge Manny. My question Washington geared towards his reasoning. The poster I was referring to has a lack of boxing knowledge and is close minded. Do yourself a favor and don't jump to conclusions sand make assumptions about my "agenda".

Comment

I think its highly likely Pac would beat Pernel more like it, his record suggests in the big fights for the last 8 years he is victorious, the stats speak for themselves theres no reason to all of a sudden bet against him, just cos Pernell is highly rated by many experts.

Pernell, lost to the DLHs and Chavezs of this world but they are highly dubious losses i have heard. So the likely scenario is Pernell losing to Pac, but it being controversial in some peoples minds. Thats the only feasible case i can make for Pernel.

Comment

• Originally posted by New Life 79 View Post
              Have seen almost every fight Whitaker fought and no way in hell did Ramirez win there first fight or the Chavez fight was a draw.

Whitaker at 35 past his prime, out from rehab, and out of the ring for 18 months still gave Trinidad problems for 12 rounds.

Whitaker had 3 opponents in almost every fight, the opponnent, Don King, and the WBC organisation.
              Anyone who even entertains the idea that Whitaker didn't beat both Ramirez the first time and Chavez then they are either clueless, delusional, or trolling.

It's really as simple as that.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                He's like the majority of people on here.

Boxrec tells all.
                I just hate when people argue against it like it's ridiculous to count such fights as wins.

I'll use Pacquiao-Marquez 3 as an example, since it applies to me personally. I thought Pacquiao won, but a very large majority of the boxing public and media consider it a robbery. So I shut up about it, and I would never say "Marquez officially lost" because that's stupid.

If Mr. Invincible thinks Ramirez or Chavez deserved the verdicts in those fights, he should argue his case, instead of saying "he officially lost/drew" in those fights.

Comment

• The first Whitaker Ramirez fight was quite possibly the worst robbery in the history of the sport. Whitaker won every single round and won them clearly. If my memory serves me right, I'm pretty sure that it was in France and during a period time when boxing in France was completely corrupt and pretty much governed by organized crime.

On topic though, I like both fighters a lot and I would lean towards Whitaker in terms of resume simply because of not only the high calibre of his opponents, but the way he dealt with them. Pac outstrips him in terms of accomplishments, titles won, awards etc.

Both are very special fighters, ATG's without a doubt, but in my own personal opinion Whitaker is possibly the best fighter(in his prime) I have seen. He was a genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    I think its highly likely Pac would beat Pernel more like it, his record suggests in the big fights for the last 8 years he is victorious, the stats speak for themselves theres no reason to all of a sudden bet against him, just cos Pernell is highly rated by many experts.

Pernell, lost to the DLHs and Chavezs of this world but they are highly dubious losses i have heard. So the likely scenario is Pernell losing to Pac, but it being controversial in some peoples minds. Thats the only feasible case i can make for Pernel.
                    Why don't you try actually watching fights?

You're on a boxing website and make bold, brash and frankly stupid statments 10 times out of 10 all whilst barely watching any fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
                      I'll talk to a wall a little more and just say you really need to do some research before speaking on here sometimes. If you think he won @ 135 lbs when he fought 100-6 Jose Luis Ramirez in his first title fight and again when he drew with Chavez, okay, but here I'm dealing with facts and not assumptions by a delusional fan of any black fighter. He officially lost at 135, so a question about who could have beaten him at 135-140 is absolutely ****ing MOOT. I'm not sure what mental building block you are missing exactly to not understand that.

In closing, I can tell you are strong headed, albeit delusionally, and absolutely will not be reasoned with so I will leave you be because you are usually the type of person I put hands on after sense of reason has left. Obviously that can't happen on the internet.

Have a nice life. Moron.
                      You put hands on? Lmao!! I love the internet tough guy act!!

Comment

Working...
                      X