Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher Joe Calzaghe or Wladamir on the atg list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
    yeah i like floyd. cant say cotto doesnt have a shot though. rightfully hes the underdog. instead of picking winners now a days i like to just watch and see what happens.
    O I wasn't mening Cotto. I think Mayweather will look good fighting Cotto. I said that years ago when both where undefeated JWW's fighting under the TR banner.

I think Mayweather moves up to MW and before he retires we see him lose as he will get old and or fight a guy too big too powerful. I don't see it anytime soon but I do see it happening.

Comment

bro that was just jones excuse for testing positive.
      It's been proven. Look it up.............. bro.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
        O I wasn't mening Cotto. I think Mayweather will look good fighting Cotto. I said that years ago when both where undefeated JWW's fighting under the TR banner.

I think Mayweather moves up to MW and before he retires we see him lose as he will get old and or fight a guy too big too powerful. I don't see it anytime soon but I do see it happening.
        i don't know i didn't see enough in the ortiz fight because of the abrupt ending. we'll see cotto should be a tough fight. tougher then ortiz anyway rigt?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
          the official lab results are posted on the internet Mrs Imbecile..............douche

Comment

Flashback: When Roy Jones Tested Positive

January 4th, 2010

Manny Pacquiao has only been suspected of using steroids – and the media has blown it so far out of proportion, some wonder if the baseless charges could actually be true. Back in 2000, Roy Jones really did test positive and admitted to using steroids, however the mainstream sports media barely touched that red-hot story, for mysterious reasons.

The Jones situation only came to light after his 2000 Indianapolis opponent Richard Hall inadvertantly revealed the fact in a 2003 interview with Braggingrightscorner.com’s Alladin Freeman. I picked up on the story, contacted Indiana State commissioner Jacob Hall, who unequivocally stated Jones did indeed test positive, but the blockbuster story never really broke big like you might have expected, compared to the Roger Clemens, Mark McGwire, Barry Bonds, Ben Johnson, Shane Mosley and Marion Jones controversies.

Here’s the original story which was posted at *************.com in 2003. Note the double standard in how the media has avalanched on the Pacquiao-Mayweather war of words, yet virtually ignored the fact of Jones testing positive. (Don’t believe it? Google search Roy Jones and Steroids and see what you find.)

Roy Jones Did Test Positive, Steroids

By Scoop Malinowski (Story was originally posted in 2003.)

Richard Hall’s astonishing claims – that Roy Jones, possibly the greatest fighter in ring history – tested positive for steroids after their May 2000 fight, have now been confirmed today by Jacob Hall, the Commissioner of Indiana Boxing.

Here is our exclusive interview.

*************.com: Did Roy Jones test positive after his fight against Richard Hall?

Jacob Hall: “Both of them did. Roy Jones tested positive for steroids. He was five or six times over an acceptable level. Hall was about ten times above an acceptable level. He didn’t mention that in his interview (the now infamous interview of July 18 with Bragging Rights Corner and Doghouse Boxing).

A letter was sent to both (Jones and Hall). The Indiana Boxing Commission followed up – I talked to Jones’ people and said we were going to declare the fight a no-contest, suspend and fine him. And at that time, Jones’ attorney Fred Levin and the Indiana Attorney General’s office got involved.

Indiana has no law on drug testing as probably the majority of the states in the U.S. do not. The drug testing company sent us the results. Most states that don’t have drug testing laws, the test results go back to the sanctioning bodies. I think most people are surprised at that. What do the sanctioning bodies do when they get positive test results? Suspend? Fine? They didn’t in this case. And there’s no way you’re going to know about it.

Through his attorney, Jones admitted he had been taking an over-the-counter product called Ripped Fuel. That’s not illegal but it is an anabolic steroid according to the IBF and other other sanctioning bodies.

So he did test positive. He did take Ripped Fuel.

Whether that’s what he took or not we don’t know, but he did test positive and admitted to taking a steroid.

The IBF chose to do nothing. They wanted a second test to be done. But why take a second test when he failed the first one and admitted to taking a steroid? That’s where it ended.

No action was taken. Nobody did anything.

We couldn’t take action (because there is no drug testing law in the state of Indiana) but what we agreed to was before his next two fights, Roy Jones would submit the results to more drug tests to Indiana. One fight was in Louisiana and those results were negative. And the other was in California, and those results were negative.

What surprised me about this is that the IBF chose not to do anything. And I have documents…what I’m saying, I can back-up. So I’m not concerned with that.

Roy Jones’ people were very cooperative and very easy to work with to reach a settlement. Also, I did tell Roy Jones that there are some amateur boxing clubs here in Indiana and he did send a check in the amount of $250 for the Indianapolis PAL.”

*************.com: How many people have called you since the Richard Hall interview?

Jacob Hall: “Brad Jacobs, now an advisor for Jones, and a reporter from some paper in France, and that was it. Brad Jacobs called to verify if the facts were true about Roy failing the test. He wasn’t involved with Roy Jones back in 2000. He just wanted to know what the facts were, like you.”

*************.com: Wow, that’s hard to believe – that only one media outlet from France has called you about this.

Jacob Hall: “All I saw on any of the websites was that Murad Muhammad said Roy Jones tested positive for take some (nasal decongestant). But that was innaccurate. This was not a nasal decongestant.”

*************.com: Does the state of Nevada have a law on drug testing?

Jacob Hall: “Yes. Most states do not. Nevada does have drug testing. I think most people are surprised at that…they think all boxers are tested. For some time I’ve tried to get a law passed similar to Nevada but we haven’t got that done yet. If the sanctioning bodies choose not to take action, there isn’t a lot the state commissions can do. That’s why I’m in favor of a Federal Commission like the one Senator John McCain is proposing.”
            —-

© 2011 ************* LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out written permission.

Read more: http://www.*************.com/headlin...#ixzz1ocgz5glF

Comment

bro that was just jones excuse for testing positive.
              Yeah, he was caught, excuses don't cut it, it is what it is.

He never tested positive before or after so how does this make Roy a cheat in any way?
              Shane Mosley never tested positive at all.

Comment

Wow every Wlad fan here is forgetting a big thing.

WLADIMIR DUCKED LENNOX AND TYSON FROM 2000-2003

UP until he got knocked the **** out by Sanders that crashed his rising superstardom.

But before the Ko FROM Sanders Wladimir was the rising young star, the heir apparant that could have called out lennox at any time but didn't.

Wladimir had more than enough star power up until Sanders to call out Tyson. Mike at that time would have fought anybody for money that was a HUGE fight Wlad could have risked but he didn't.

Wladimir ducked Lennox and Tyson early on as much as Joe did roy jones jr.

THERE IS ONE DIFFERENCE

Joe was nowhere near the rising hype Wlad was so Joe actually COULDN'T HAVE called out Roy Jones or Hopkins in late 1999's early 2000's because he was a nobody.

Comment

both wlad and calzaghe are atg imo. Cant choose.

Both are a joy to watch...i prefer wlad, but thats simp,y because hes active.

Both are brilliant and ahead of floyd mayweather.

Comment

Not saying Joe is a better fighter than Wlad. Joe calzaghe is a cocaine addicted slapping king that prime Roy or prime hopkins would have left dead in the ring.

But he did have reasons why he never went after jones or hopkins early on because he had no star power to make such a match.

Wladimir DID have star power early on. people forgot in the early 2000's Heavyweight boxing was still pretty relevant in the united states and Wladimir was actually more known in the USA early 2000's then now. It wasn't until 2003 when he got ****ed up that his star plunged.

So Wladimir was the hot young commodity from 2000-2003.

That's a 3 year period where I have numerous sports articles praising Wlad's skills and every article asked one thing.

WHEN IS WLADIMIR GOING TO CALL OUT LENNOX LEWIS OR EVEN MIKE TYSON.

After Wlad fights Tyson who was always at ringside even said he will be willing to fight Wlad but no offers were made.

That was a giant legacy fight for Wlad.

If Wlad had beaten Tyson in 2000-2001 that is career legacy changing. But he didn't want to take the risk.

lol obviously as sanders show he made the right choice. That didn't matter though, what did matter is Wlad didn't go after the reigning king of boxing in lewis and the paper king in Tyson when he could have. He waited and waited and waited until Tyson was retired and Lewis got old and fat and faded.
                    Then he still waited and send big brother VK after Fat old faded dinosaur Lennox, and VK almost lost a ****ing god damn eye for Wlad's cowardice.,

Comment

• ATG'S dont duck anybody even when they were young mr Slim Shady.. rofl

Lennox Lewis went after Gary Mason a undefeated european champion back in 1990 when Lennox was young as hell and green and knocked him the **** out.

Lennox called out Riddick Bowe in 1992, and chased him repeatedly. That version of Bowe the one who beat Holyfield had a serious chance of hurting Lennox and beating him down, but Lennox still called out that guy like a true number 2 should.

From 2000-2003
                      Wladimir Klithscko was ranked 2-3 by various boxing organizations around the world
                      behind Lennox Lewis and during some stretches Mike Tyson

He never peeped one ****ing word .

Comment

Working...
                      X