No announcement yet.

Gamboa speaks wants fair deal and Rios fight: "The Contracts aren't signed"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
    thats the best you can do when you are a real boxing fan!

staying on topic: Man... Gamboa has been waiting for the opportunity to make decent money all his entire life... and him... being a Cuban who deflected and all that.... man... he aint got time to waste .... screw arum... and arena.. and anyone whos making money with him.... let the guy make his move now that has the opportunity and give him some room on this one....

rios vs gamboa is a big fight.. but is not like boxing is going to die if it doesnt happen....
    If Gamboa's concern is making a lot of money, this is a terrible move. If he beats Rios, he's in position for huge money that he will earn no where else. Unless he really is signing with Floyd and thinks Floyd is going to give him a fight, but I guarantee that won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
      Gamboa didn't sign anything to fight Rios. They just said "whatever, who cares." and proceeded to do the press conference.
      THIS^^

Gamboa didn't sign the contract but they started doing press conferences and selling tickets anyway. WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        If Gamboa's concern is making a lot of money, this is a terrible move. If he beats Rios, he's in position for huge money that he will earn no where else. Unless he really is signing with Floyd and thinks Floyd is going to give him a fight, but I guarantee that won't happen.
        At least you see it for what it is. Gamboa is straight pulling a b!+ch move. If he had these problems march 5th is not the time to say something.

Another thing to look at here is that Gamboa wanted this fight & Arum put it together for him. So that means that a fighter can choose who they fight under top rank, (food for thought).

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          At least you see it for what it is. Gamboa is straight pulling a b!+ch move. If he had these problems march 5th is not the time to say something.

Another thing to look at here is that Gamboa wanted this fight & Arum put it together for him. So that means that a fighter can choose who they fight under top rank, (food for thought).
          I find it ridiculous that Arum was actually doing something that no boxing fan could possibly have any problem with here, and when one fighter decides not to live up to their end Arum is getting blamed. People just see the name Bob Arum and automatically side with whoever isn't on Arum's side. It doesn't matter to anyone that Gamboa looks to be completely in the wrong here.

Comment

I'm very happy to hear that it is indeed a business move.

We all know Bob Arum is a money guy, as long as he get's his then he's good. Gamboa should not take a big fight like this if he's not being paid a fair amount for the fight, this is one of the best fights that can be made and both guy's deserve to make good money for it.

He's not skipping out on a fight as it wasn't signed, he's waiting to get a fair deal and that's a good thing. Too many guy's take Bob's nonsense without standing up.

Comment

I find it ridiculous that Arum was actually doing something that no boxing fan could possibly have any problem with here, and when one fighter decides not to live up to their end Arum is getting blamed. People just see the name Bob Arum and automatically side with whoever isn't on Arum's side. It doesn't matter to anyone that Gamboa looks to be completely in the wrong here.
              Fickle fan bwoys. Not everyone is capable of keeping it real. Me for example, I love boxing & follow certain fighters, however if a fighter that I'm a fan of ****s me off, I'm not defending that $h!t. These guys are simple. A fighter they're a fan off screws them & they love it.

Comment

I find it ridiculous that Arum was actually doing something that no boxing fan could possibly have any problem with here
                I have a problem with promoters who sell tickets and do press conferences when the contract is not even signed.

Comment

The fight isn't off though, nobody is skipping it.

Before the deal is fully done they are trying to work out the best possible deal. Bob takes large cuts of every TR fight, but the fighters deserve a good pay-day for a fight as good as this one.

Comment

It may look bad cause many feel Gamboa is doing this too late in the ballgame. IMO it was the perfect time to do it. The spotlight is on Gamboa he has the media's attention like never before and can get his issues out to all media outlets at one-time. I think Gamboa is gonna try and get a buy-out option after he fights Rios. That lawyer and Arum will work something out where both parties are getting something that they want. Arum may come out on top in that situation but at least Gamboa will have his chance to move around and get himself in a better position money wise.

I want to see the fight like everyone else hell i just bet points on Gamboa. Personally I just can't b!tch moan and complain when these men are trying to get they money and life straight. **** being a fan when it comes how people take care of themselves and they family.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      I have a problem with promoters who sell tickets and do press conferences when the contract is not even signed.
                      That happens all the time. It just happened with Pac-Bradley. They had no reason to believe the fight wasn't happening, until now.

Comment

Working...
                      X