Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is gamboa backing out?

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
      why is all this happening now? why did he let it go this far only to NOW say somethign?

dude, U SIGNED THE CONTRACT? Why did your lawyer allow you to sign it? Did he not lay it out to you? What is different about it now, than when you signed?

Gamboa, look man, you're NOT a "star" in boxing. . . If anything, Rios is the A-side as far as attracting fans. . . If you want to promote yourself, or have a deal where you onyl work with promotors on a per fight basis, FINISH OUT YOUR CONTRACT, save your dough up, and then starting putting up the money for your half of the fights. . SIMPLE!

But this is not cool. . .
      Gamboa didn't sign anything to fight Rios. They just said "whatever, who cares." and proceeded to do the press conference.

Comment

Gamboa & Vanes should hold hands. On march 5th you decide that you don't like the terms?? Yup, sounds like a duck to me.

Comment

I agree with Gamboa even tho I wanted to see this fight. These guys have to stand up to these ****ing promoters.

Comment

now or never gamboa... if he doesnt wants to spend the rest of his career making money for papa arum.. now its the time to do it... screw what others says.. at the end.. they are going to watch you when you fight...

lets talk about rios for a second... I dont know,,, But If i was brandon I will just move up.. and start the acclimatization of his body for bigger weights..... I dont know .. lets say.. brandon stays @ 135 for another clash.. .whats going to happen next.?? do you think he will have what it takes to take it on the TOP DOGS @ 140??? let alone 147.... I mean..the dude is shrinking himself @ 135.. and is not like hes steam rolling the comp.... hes a decent fighter with a NO REVERSE attitude but thats it.... Hes good on the inside blah blah... but all I have seen is him bullying other boxers....

staying @ 135 is not good for you make your move now or pay the consequences later...

Comment

Sounds like nothing but nonsense to me. Why let all the promotion get this far? It's not like they called Gamboa yesterday and said, "Oh by the way, you need to show up to a press conference today because you're fighting Brandon Rios."

If you had these problems the entire time, you should have said so. Now Gamboa just looks bad, as he should.

Every time I become a fan of a fighter, they do this crap. I'm not going to be a fan of anyone anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Sounds like nothing but nonsense to me. Why let all the promotion get this far? It's not like they called Gamboa yesterday and said, "Oh by the way, you need to show up to a press conference today because you're fighting Brandon Rios."

If you had these problems the entire time, you should have said so. Now Gamboa just looks bad, as he should.

Every time I become a fan of a fighter, they do this crap. I'm not going to be a fan of anyone anymore.
                Yup, pretty much.
                Also, people say he doesn't have much time left...if he tries to leave, he'll probably be sued off his arse and kept on the shelf even longer

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                  I agree with Gamboa even tho I wanted to see this fight. These guys have to stand up to these ****ing promoters.
                  ^^^^ this...

NOW OR NEVER...

and when they fight... Gamboa by Decision......

he will toy rios in the middle of the ring...

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

thats the best you can do when you are a real boxing fan!

staying on topic: Man... Gamboa has been waiting for the opportunity to make decent money all his entire life... and him... being a Cuban who deflected and all that.... man... he aint got time to waste .... screw arum... and arena.. and anyone whos making money with him.... let the guy make his move now that has the opportunity and give him some room on this one....

rios vs gamboa is a big fight.. but is not like boxing is going to die if it doesnt happen....

Comment

to gamboas credit, he did say a while ago that he was going to be training in vegas

Comment

Working...
                      X