No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Klitschko Takes Out The Garbage, Decks Mormeck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expected Wlad to end it early.

What an embarassment that fight was for heavyweight boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
      I offered the headline "Garbage In, Garbage Out" They softened it. When you show up for a title shot and don't even pretend to throw punches, that's garbage.The match was garbage at signing.
      then write that way you racist bastard!!!

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
        You didn't pick that one, Cliff, but yours was on the same lines. It's a shame because your articles are good, but the headlines (this isn't the first time I've seen this sort of thing on your writing) detract from it.

Can you imagine if Hauser had released a book called "Muhammad Ali: His Garbage Extraction and Pwns"? Wouldn't be the same, would it?
        This is a sport that had coined and even headlined for years with lines like "Bum of the Month" and 'tomato cans.' I see no real problem with this.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
          Agree 100% Freedom. .. Huge Wlad fan myself, but couldn't get up for this fight, and had to agree that it was one of the biggest mismatches for a title lately. . . Nobody wanted to fight, and it was a good confidence builder (to be more aggressive)/"practice" fight to stay busy. The rest of this year, and 2013 will be interesting.

Just a quick note: people forget that Joe Louis, in his record defenses, fought some fights like this. ..

Wlad will break Louis' record for HW title defenses before he retires. . .

Wlad and Vitali = NATION OF DOMINATION. . . NATION, OF DOMINATION! RULING with IRON FISTS!
          He's 14 away (IBF) and 21 away (lineal). I doubt it. The record is 25 straight defenses. If it was just defenses in general, the sport's record belongs to Chavez.

Originally posted by flint View Post
          then write that way you racist bastard!!!
          Not sure I get it.

Comment

This is a sport that had coined and even headlined for years with lines like "Bum of the Month" and 'tomato cans.' I see no real problem with this.
            You're better than that, is all.

(Do you like the way I said "is all", as if I'm a Fat Yank there? I'm trying to fit in).

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
              You're better than that, is all.

(Do you like the way I said "is all", as if I'm a Fat Yank there? I'm trying to fit in).
              Thanks dude. I do the serious headline stuff too. 300 or so articles a year here, some of the headlines are occasionally going to jump out.

Comment

garbage ? that is very harsh, I don't like this at all

I expect better from professional writers

Comment

Yo that headline is F up , these bums are WAY out of their league, i don't blame them if they had **** performances since that's what we expect. Maybe you should call out the K'brothers
                  " Another bum for the record"

that will get their attention, and maybe stop these kinds of fights from happening, and people will stop complaining.

Comment

I offered the headline "Garbage In, Garbage Out" They softened it. When you show up for a title shot and don't even pretend to throw punches, that's garbage.The match was garbage at signing.
                    the fight was garbage but you never call another human being garbage.

Comment

He's 14 away (IBF) and 21 away (lineal). I doubt it. The record is 25 straight defenses. If it was just defenses in general, the sport's record belongs to Chavez.Not sure I get .
                      i'm not surprised

Comment

Working...
                      X