No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sauerland: Povetkin-Rahman is Next, Not Huck Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sauerland: Povetkin-Rahman is Next, Not Huck Rematch

Porsche Arena, Stuttgart, Germany - After such a great fight, many fans are demanding an immediate rematch. In a heavyweight war, WBA "regular" champion Alexander Povetkin (24-0, 16 KOs) retained his title with a very tough majority decision over WBO cruiserweight king Marco Huck (34-2, 25 KOs). Povetkin dominated early, but Huck returned fire in the later rounds to stagger the WBA champion several times.

[Click Here To Read More]

Rahman?? Oh my goodness!! I thought it would be someone at least credible like say John Ruiz.
    Last edited by Ravens Fan; 02-26-2012, 10:32 AM.

Comment

This is sad.....

Comment

how did rahman get to WBA #1 position ? Beating Galen Brown 35-16-1 and Marcus McGee 22-17-0 ? All boxing sanctioning bodies have no shame and integrity . There should be only one sanctioning body and one champion in every weight class , other sanctioning bodies have to be assigned to the continents , unify WBA and WBO make them in charge of south america , IBF - north america , let WBC oversee Mexico , because of the huge popularity and traditions mexico deserves to be singled out , let EBU stay in charge of europe , create Pacific conference for Japan , China , Korea , Phillipines and Australia .

Comment

It just goes to show how weak the heavyweight division really is guys like 40 year old Rahman are still landing big fights a guy in all honesty who was not that good in his prime let alone now some 10 years past it.

Comment

I see Rahman having a decent chance against 4 round stamina Povetkin.

Comment

Povetkin can fight credible opponents like Chris Arreola, Robert Helenius, Denis Boytsov, Dereck Chisora (I guess), Tyson Fury, Alexander Ustinov, Ruslan Chagaev, or Alexander Dimitrenko, etc... If he wants to lose his belt on the next fight but will bring him a payday; fight Klitschko, either one... Question; if Povetkin fights Wladimer and loses; what happens to the WBA "Regular" Belt? Does Wlad keep it and then the Klit brothers have all the belts or will the WBA strip it and have 2 bogus heavyweights fight for it? Hmmmm... Vitale needs to fight Povetkin and take the WBA "Regular" belt... The heavyweight contenders are pretenders. There is no one on any ranking list who can beat the Klitschkos...

Comment

I am sure Povetkin fans have slowed their roll about him beating a Klitschko. The fact that Rahman is the next fight for Povetkin, shows how weak the HW division still is. Povetkin should fight someone like Arreola, Helenius, Boytsov, or even Fury. Or a Huck rematch. Instead, he's fighting Rahman......

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.

The heavyweight division is very good.
                  No the heavyweight division is not very good in fact its shockingly terrible lets be honest.

That made me laugh though your definition of the words "very good" must be very low indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                    I am sure Povetkin fans have slowed their roll about him beating a Klitschko. The fact that Rahman is the next fight for Povetkin, shows how weak the HW division still is. Povetkin should fight someone like Arreola, Helenius, Boytsov, or even Fury. Or a Huck rematch. Instead, he's fighting Rahman......
                    Again: the heavyweight division is NOT weak. Some people say that because they are angry because the titleholders are of a nationality or complexion they don't like.

Rahman is BoxRec #62 at heavyweight. There are many more deserving, more talented heavyweights right now, Rahman should NOT be the WBA mandatory.

Please think. Rahman being mandatory doesn't say anything about the division, it DOES say something about the WBA and how stupid they are.

Comment

Working...
                    X