Comments Thread For: Sauerland: Povetkin-Rahman is Next, Not Huck Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bet Holyfield calls him out...

Comment

I am not sure if the division is terrible talent wise, but too many of the top guys don't fight each other. The fact that Povetkin is called a "champion" but won't fight either of the K Brothers means he's not a real champion and Sauerland is just going to milk another fake belt. The fact that Rahman is Povetkin's mandatory says more about the governing body that made an utterly washed up, old heavyweight Povetkin's mandatory so he could get an easy payday. The fact that Mormeck is in a title fight says something about the willingness of better, younger fighters to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by giacomino View Post
        I am not sure if the division is terrible talent wise, but too many of the top guys don't fight each other. The fact that Povetkin is called a "champion" but won't fight either of the K Brothers means he's not a real champion and Sauerland is just going to milk another fake belt. The fact that Rahman is Povetkin's mandatory says more about the governing body that made an utterly washed up, old heavyweight Povetkin's mandatory so he could get an easy payday. The fact that Mormeck is in a title fight says something about the willingness of better, younger fighters to step up.
        I get what you're saying, but when you add this all together it equals a horrible division.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          I get what you're saying, but when you add this all together it equals a horrible division.
          According to the hater's arguments the division was "one of the best of all time" during Lewis' reign but suddenly drops to the worst era ever when Lewis retires.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
            According to the hater's arguments the division was "one of the best of all time" during Lewis' reign but suddenly drops to the worst era ever when Lewis retires.
            According to you Marco Huck was a top rated heavyweight even though he'd never had a fight in the division. I think that tells us all we need to know about how many rank the quality of the division.

We could always do a break down of the top contenders from each of those era's and do a comparative study in experience and who fought the better contenders if you'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              According to you Marco Huck was a top rated heavyweight even though he'd never had a fight in the division. I think that tells us all we need to know about how many rank the quality of the division.

We could always do a break down of the top contenders from each of those era's and do a comparative study in experience and who fought the better contenders if you'd like.
              I don't see why a top-ranked reigning cruiserweight champion shouldn't get an immediate title shot one weight class higher, especially if it's only a worthless paper belt. Both Manny and Floyd received immediate title shots one weight class higher without having to fight up the light middleweight ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
                It just goes to show how weak the heavyweight division really is guys like 40 year old Rahman are still landing big fights a guy in all honesty who was not that good in his prime let alone now some 10 years past it.
                Actually it goes to show you how much of a corrupt joke the WBA are, more than anything. Don't use this nonsense as an excuse to disparage the whole division.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                  No, that's not true.

It shows how ridiculous the WBA is to make Rahman the mandatory, when he hasn't beaten a top 100 heavyweight contender.

Rahman is BoxRec #62 heavyweight.

The heavyweight division is very good, but the sanctioning organizations need to clean up their act.
                  I wouldn't go that far, but the I agree with the above point.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
                    I don't see why a top-ranked reigning cruiserweight champion shouldn't get an immediate title shot one weight class higher, especially if it's only a worthless paper belt. Both Manny and Floyd received immediate title shots one weight class higher without having to fight up the light middleweight ranks.
                    Manny and Floyd beat the best in and around their division. Huck isn't even the best cruiserweight and you think he should be ranked among the top heavyweights? Sorry Flo, but that's a joke! The division stinks because guys like Povetkin are content to fight guys like Huck. Wlad is content to fight Mormeck. Rahman is a rated contender when he hasn't even fought a rated fighter since Wlad. I can go on and on, but do I really have to?

Comment

Maybe if we all send Rahman $10 and a paper belt he'll retire and leave us all alone?

Comment

Working...
                      X