Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander Hurts, Punishes and Dominates Maidana To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

before I start to hype up Devon, I need to know what was wrong with Maidana. I feel there gotta be something wrong with him as he seemed to fight without inspiration and felt to be sad in the post interview, like someone close had recently passed away or something like that. There wasn't the usual fire in his determination and the way he walk forward with rage in his eyes.

Maybe something comes up post fight, let's wait.

Comment

yea he definetly dominated but he doesnt have enough fans to fight floyd.. i wanna see him in there with berto ortiz or khan though.

Comment

I hope they don't question alexanders heart after this fight!!
        Maidana pressed Alexander early in the fight but alex looked very sharp, moved well and used his straight left and right hook effectively!

Comment

lackluster performance by el chino... what the hell happened? he didn't seem motivated at all tonight. but he'll be back!

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
            I need to know what was wrong with Maidana.

The only thing wrong with Maidana was his inability to throw punches. Plus, he let Alexander tie him up to easily. Maidana was frustrated because 1. he was being held so much; and 2. he couldn't do anything about it. He needed to "rough house" Alexander during those clinches.

Comment

Good win for Alexander. Yet I still can't say I'm looking forward to watching his next fight. Don't know why I don't find his style very entertaining.

PS: I don't ever want to see Maidana against any "skilled" fighters again. Put him against Matthyse, Rios, and Alvarado. Nothing but brawlers and we'll get great fights.

Comment

Didn't think it was gonna happen but Alexander looked real good out there against Maidana. Maidana on the other hand fought probably his worst fight in a while. Bring on Alexander vs Khan/Ortiz , either of those would be fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
                  before I start to hype up Devon, I need to know what was wrong with Maidana. I feel there gotta be something wrong with him as he seemed to fight without inspiration and felt to be sad in the post interview, like someone close had recently passed away or something like that. There wasn't the usual fire in his determination and the way he walk forward with rage in his eyes.

Nothing was wrong, showed same determination, only that Alexander took the fight out of him and tied up when he had to.

Comment

Honestly what does this say about Bradley?

Comment

im

Im not a fan.but i gotta give it to the great ...rest my case....

Comment

Working...
                      X