No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander Hurts, Punishes and Dominates Maidana To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
    It was well-known that Alexander struggled to make 140.
    Not buying it,that's most fighters excuse after they get their azz handed to umm..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      Not buying it,that's most fighters excuse after they get their azz handed to umm..
      His weight struggles were well-documented. I first heard Devon speak of his problems making weight, and discussing the move to 147, well over a year ago, and well before the Bradley fight..... I think it was immediately after the Urango win.

He spoke about wanting Bradley a.s.a.p. because the weight was becoming a real problem and he did not know how much longer he could continue to make 140.

I'm positive that Alexander has been struggling to make 140 for some time now.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
        His weight struggles were well-documented. I first heard Devon speak of his problems making weight, and discussing the move to 147, well over a year ago, and well before the Bradley fight..... I think it was immediately after the Urango win.

He spoke about wanting Bradley a.s.a.p. because the weight was becoming a real problem and he did not know how much longer he could continue to make 140.

I'm positive that Alexander has been struggling to make 140 for some time now.
        Romey, I take your point, no real argument.....

But some fighters do kill themselves to make weight, even though I agree that it is a common excuse.

And when that fighter looks much better immediately after moving up in weight, you have to ask the question, and Team Alexander have been mentioning his weight struggles for a long time now.

Personally, I think that Alexander needs to stay at 147, and Maidana needs to drop back down to 140.

I am also not sold on Devon yet, but I am looking forward to his next fight, especially if he stays at welter.

Comment

Working...
        X