No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire vs. Victor Terrazas in July at Cowboys Stadium

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    I agree with everyone you said. Donaire's best wins are still Vic Darchinyan, Fernando Montiel, Hernan Marquez, and Raul Martinez. Montiel was a great win, Vic was a very good win at the time, and Marquez/Martinez were decent wins. There have definitely been a ton of guys that have done way more by the time they were 29. By the time Floyd was 29, he already had decent, good, or great wins over G. Hernandez, Manfredy, Gerena, Corrales, C. Hernandez, Chavez, Castillo, N'dou, and Judah, which is far superior what Nonito has done so far. To me at least.
    Youre tripping if you think Martinez and Tyson Marquez were good wins.

Marquez coming off a pretty brutal loss to Mepranum was also way undersized to be fighting Donaire.

Martinez who? Because he was undefeated when he beat him? What has Martinez done lately besides get beat by the uber-mummy style Rodrigo Guerrero

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      you mean people obsessed with the best fighting the best instead of fighting bum after bum to pad their pockets? you are right you don't have to please these people because a bunch of ******s will pay to watch top boxers beat up tomato cans. you only have to please them.
      I mean people obsessed that their opinion of the best is the only way to judge guys, and that popular opinion dictates who is a good fighter~

Guys you don't know are bums that is a real insightful view~

Who cares what the narrow minded think~

Comment

I don't understand why heads keep makin excuses for this dude. Where was the rush to go above 122 a year ago? No other proclaimed P4P fighter gets the cut slack Nonito gets. He's 29 now. And hes been pullin these stunts since a flyweight.

And we need to stop believin this.bulls**t about ANY serious contenders not.having "buying power". U mean to tell me Nishioka or Rigo cant outsell Terrasaz dude? yall think we're the only ones in the world who think Nishi & Rigo would give Nonito a run for his money, more than any other dudes on his prospective fights list now? Please.

Nonitos a b**h if I've ever seen one.

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
          I don't understand why heads keep makin excuses for this dude. Where was the rush to go above 122 a year ago? No other proclaimed P4P fighter gets the cut slack Nonito gets. He's 29 now. And hes been pullin these stunts since a flyweight.

And we need to stop believin this.bulls**t about ANY serious contenders not.having "buying power". U mean to tell me Nishioka or Rigo cant outsell Terrasaz dude? yall think we're the only ones in the world who think Nishi & Rigo would give Nonito a run for his money, more than any other dudes on his prospective fights list now? Please.

Nonitos a b**h if I've ever seen one.
          the way it looks to me is ppl dont want donaire to have a hard time, they want to proclaim him the best but give him a pass for not fighting the best guys around him. they are content on him looking spectacular against lesser opposition sprinkled with the occasional spectacular ko of a known threat once every few years.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            the way it looks to me is ppl dont want donaire to have a hard time, they want to proclaim him the best but give him a pass for not fighting the best guys around him. they are content on him looking spectacular against lesser opposition sprinkled with the occasional spectacular ko of a known threat once every few years.
            Looking spectacular against lesser opposition and a spectacular ko once every few years is Nonito's career in a nutshell. I'll still enjoy his fights but I won't consider him a p4p fighter or even near the top of 122 until he fights better people. You can't be considered even the best in your division if your fighting people near the bottom 10.

Comment

dont be mad at Nonito...you know who makes the decisions...

Comment

Originally posted by wesleysnipes View Post
                dont be mad at nonito...you know who makes the decisions...
                his wife rachel, jin mosley ii?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  donaire can use the who is rigo excuse for a bit but it will soon run out of bite. if mares and moreno move up to 122 he will be forced to go to 126 to fight another slow plodder. we saw floyd do this to perfection(corrales, castillo, gatti, baldomir) and avoid all the slick fighters in those divisions, but even the great floyd eventually got caught at 147 because he had nowhere else to go and he had to fake retirements but donarie still has a bunch of divisions he can navigate through before it comes to that.
                  Juan Marquez does exact the same thing he only fights come forward or slow plodder like Katsidis, Juan Diaz and prefer fighting come forward fighters like Peterson, David Diaz or Pacquiao.

Marquez duck and hide from Khan and RG. Or fighters with speed that fights on the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by MXboxingfan View Post
                    Jorge Arce should fight Guillermo Rigondeaux. Then the winner can fight Nonito Donaire.
                    I've been saying this for a while. Rigo needs a fight with a popular fighter, who else than Jorge Arce? Arce will give him so many opportunities to counter, that Rigo will have to take advantage. This would be an entertaining fight.

Comment

Donaire vs Moreno is the fight I want to see.Moreno has waited a long time for the opportunities.Let's hope that Top rank can give him what he deserves.He did all right against Vic Darchinyan.Vic's power hasn't been as destructive at bantamweight.

Donaire vs Mares is another option.Mares has fought solid oppositions and i think has earned the rights to move on to high profile fights and he is not a overly defensive boxer like Rigo.This would make for exciting match Mares is willing to exchange in the pocket.
                      Last edited by Filo; 02-21-2012, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X