Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy be fighting some whack ass, overmatched opponents. Seriously

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
      I had two BOMBS quotes on my sig for about a month. He said Donaire is a Top 15 ATG, in the history of the sport, all weight classes. And he said Cotto has a Top 10 ATG resume, where he said Floyd has a D+/C- resume.....need i say more?
      Lol, well at least he's pretty funny.

Comment

Isn't the knock on Nonito's oppostion that they have been smaller and Vazquez aside older than himself.

Well Terrazas is taller has a longer reach and is the exact same age.

Nonito should certainly be favored, but not a bad fight as it will give a little different sort of oppostion.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Isn't the knock on Nonito's oppostion that they have been smaller and Vazquez aside older than himself.

Well Terrazas is taller has a longer reach and is the exact same age.

Nonito should certainly be favored, but not a bad fight as it will give a little different sort of oppostion.
          yeah maybe stupid people say that. the knock on donaire is that he is not fighting the best opponents. i'm sure he could find a 6 foot tall 122 pounder to knock out that would satisfy the droolers but he should be fighting the best guys like rigo and nishikora but he's wasting his time.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamantiumPI View Post
            I've read your past posts about Donaire and you have always been spot on about how he's a very talented under achiever. I've always sort of agreed with you. I thought he fought ok opposition at flyweight; his time at 115 was a joke.

Fighting only Montiel in a strong division of 118 was disappointing but I was hoping to see him fight tough guys as he moved up. But now he's fighting the likes of Terrazas and Arce instead of fighting Nishioka. That to me is bs.

Rigondeaux only has nine pro fights and little fan base, so he's high risk low reward. But Nishioka has a Japanese fan base so no gripes can be made about the little money that can be made. Nishioka is a fight for Donaire that would provide money and improve his resume.

Lopez would be a good, dangerous fight for Donaire, but I would have to wait a few more years. The same way I had to wait for Donaire to fight a good opponent in Montiel.

You seem to have a lot of knowledge or Japanese/asian boxers, do you live in Japan? How big would a Donaire-Nishioka fight be in Japan if it was there or in the US? How popular is Nishioka in Japan?
            Everything u said is pretty much spot on. I never understand why a lot of ppl give donaire a pass for underachieving. But he's pretty popular on this board. Anyways I'm not Japanese buy I follow many of the fighters heavily. Japanese boxing is really good even tho its overlooked. But donaire vs.nishioka would be huge over there. Nishioka is one of the top fighters over there much the way donaire is elsewhere and I'm pretty certain Japanese fight fans know donaire. It'd make Moe by in japan that's for sure. Ibdont think donaire nor arum would sign off on it tho.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              yeah maybe stupid people say that. the knock on donaire is that he is not fighting the best opponents. i'm sure he could find a 6 foot tall 122 pounder to knock out that would satisfy the droolers but he should be fighting the best guys like rigo and nishikora but he's wasting his time.
              Or he could knock out Rigondeuax or Nishioka to satify people obsessed with other stupid shit~ Can't please everyone and only a stupid dude would try.

Rigondaux and Nishioka are good opponents but they are not above reproach and aren't great merely good, so getting twisted over them is foolish imo~

Comment

Is this fo real

What the heck, this morning without watching any sports channels or anything i was remembering about how terrazas beat montiel in their fight and then i thought how crazy(for lack of a better term) would if arum matches donaire with el vikingo. Then tune in and read this..

Comment

Or he could knock out Rigondeuax or Nishioka to satify people obsessed with other stupid shit~ Can't please everyone and only a stupid dude would try.

Rigondaux and Nishioka are good opponents but they are not above reproach and aren't great merely good, so getting twisted over them is foolish imo~
                  wats ur point??? both those guy are much better than terrazas. no1 said they were above reproach. what matters is they are above his chosen opponent, which, clearly they are. i dont even get wat ur argument is. a ****ty fight is a ****ty fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    wats ur point??? both those guy are much better than terrazas. no1 said they were above reproach. what matters is they are above his chosen opponent, which, clearly they are. i dont even get wat ur argument is. a ****ty fight is a ****ty fight.
                    Not really, they aren't that much better for me to really give a damn about it.

Look Nonito won't be allowed to go to Japan and Nishioka won't get a good enough offer to come here so that is a straight up pipe dream, will never happen.

Rigondeaux of the ten pro fights club and no title defenses or really big wins, who Nonito can beat but there is no way he can win and look good doing it. So that is a pipe dream also.

My argument is it isn't a ****ty fight at all, just as good as what people are calling for, the only real difference is hype. Terrazas is a quality guy, watch him and judge him~

Comment

Not really, they aren't that much better for me to really give a damn about it.

Look Nonito won't be allowed to go to Japan and Nishioka won't get a good enough offer to come here so that is a straight up pipe dream, will never happen.

Rigondeaux of the ten pro fights club and no title defenses or really big wins, who Nonito can beat but there is no way he can win and look good doing it. So that is a pipe dream also.

My argument is it isn't a ****ty fight at all, just as good as what people are calling for, the only real difference is hype. Terrazas is a quality guy, watch him and judge him~
                      well then theres not much to say after that. enjoy the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X