No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire vs. Victor Terrazas in July at Cowboys Stadium

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    well then theres not much to say after that. enjoy the fight.
    I will I enjoy all fights~

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
      \

I'm not making excuses. At all. I've been critical of Donaire, particularly his choice to move out of boxing best weight class into one of its worst and not going after the only fight at 22 that matters right away.

Look it up.

You got the wrong dude.

Of what's left at 22, this just doesn't bug me. He just had his hands full with WV2 and was pedestrian if dominant over Narvaez. There's a good chance that he's not as good as he looks when he looks beastly.

I've already started moving him down from where I had him in the circle j. I don't preclude doing that further.
      wow, i missed this post, my fault

i know who u are, and i ususally agree with your posts/write ups on a lot, but to me, if donaire is gonna move up to this weak ass division, he should do it just to fight the fighters that matter. u dont move away from 118 to fight terrazas, thats insane. its nuts and it makes next to no sense either. i cant excuse it just because its a decent fight, donaire shouldnt get excused for fighting decent fight after decent fight. if he cant live up to the hype, then he deserves to get called out on it. no more passes for the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
        I agree with everyone you said. Donaire's best wins are still Vic Darchinyan, Fernando Montiel, Hernan Marquez, and Raul Martinez. Montiel was a great win, Vic was a very good win at the time, and Marquez/Martinez were decent wins. There have definitely been a ton of guys that have done way more by the time they were 29. By the time Floyd was 29, he already had decent, good, or great wins over G. Hernandez, Manfredy, Gerena, Corrales, C. Hernandez, Chavez, Castillo, N'dou, and Judah, which is far superior what Nonito has done so far. To me at least.
        You're the only one making the Floyd comparison. But since you insist, some of his less notable wins are at least as good as several guys on that list: Mthalane, Sidorenko, WV2. Narvaez is probably better than many of them. I understand he was grossly undersized, but they spent a lot of time at the same weights, and Nonito had only had one fight at 118.

Comment

Terranza is a good opponent.Saw his fight with Montiel.Patient pressure has that calculated approach good defense and heavy right hand.His only blemish is he was stopped twice but that was a long time ago. A good fight

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Or he could knock out Rigondeuax or Nishioka to satify people obsessed with other stupid shit~ Can't please everyone and only a stupid dude would try.

Rigondaux and Nishioka are good opponents but they are not above reproach and aren't great merely good, so getting twisted over them is foolish imo~
            you mean people obsessed with the best fighting the best instead of fighting bum after bum to pad their pockets? you are right you don't have to please these people because a bunch of ******s will pay to watch top boxers beat up tomato cans. you only have to please them.
            Last edited by daggum; 02-21-2012, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
              I agree with everyone you said. Donaire's best wins are still Vic Darchinyan, Fernando Montiel, Hernan Marquez, and Raul Martinez. Montiel was a great win, Vic was a very good win at the time, and Marquez/Martinez were decent wins. There have definitely been a ton of guys that have done way more by the time they were 29. By the time Floyd was 29, he already had decent, good, or great wins over G. Hernandez, Manfredy, Gerena, Corrales, C. Hernandez, Chavez, Castillo, N'dou, and Judah, which is far superior what Nonito has done so far. To me at least.
              phillip ndou? you do realize that guy sucked don't you? 32-1 31 knockouts! except his resume was.............poop. this terrazas guy is much better than him but that doesn't mean donaire should fight him. he should strive to be a better cherry picker than floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                wow, i missed this post, my fault

i know who u are, and i ususally agree with your posts/write ups on a lot, but to me, if donaire is gonna move up to this weak ass division, he should do it just to fight the fighters that matter. u dont move away from 118 to fight terrazas, thats insane. its nuts and it makes next to no sense either. i cant excuse it just because its a decent fight, donaire shouldnt get excused for fighting decent fight after decent fight. if he cant live up to the hype, then he deserves to get called out on it. no more passes for the guy.
                Agree with the bold man. Donaire, considering he's campaigning around some of the strongest divisions in boxing...should have taken advantage of the situation. As talented as he is, he could have set aside his level from everyone else and he has the opposition to overtake Ward, Floyd and Marquez on the P4P list too. Wouldn't say 122 is weak personally, that division is soon to become the strongest in boxing.
                Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 02-21-2012, 03:02 AM.

Comment

donaire can use the who is rigo excuse for a bit but it will soon run out of bite. if mares and moreno move up to 122 he will be forced to go to 126 to fight another slow plodder. we saw floyd do this to perfection(corrales, castillo, gatti, baldomir) and avoid all the slick fighters in those divisions, but even the great floyd eventually got caught at 147 because he had nowhere else to go and he had to fake retirements but donarie still has a bunch of divisions he can navigate through before it comes to that.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    phillip ndou? you do realize that guy sucked don't you? 32-1 31 knockouts! except his resume was.............poop. this terrazas guy is much better than him but that doesn't mean donaire should fight him. he should strive to be a better cherry picker than floyd.
                    I never said N'dou was that good or anything, but he was about as much of a fight as Concepcion was for Donaire when he was interim title. Cherry picked, ducked, shot, are BY FAR the most over used words on this site, it's ridiculous. People say Victor Ortiz was a cherry pick, and it's insane. He moved up to 147 lbs and beat the next best WW aside from Floyd and Manny, how was that a cherry pick???

Also, he else should he have fought at LW in 2003??? N'dou was a ranked LW. I guess he could have fought Spadafora, Grigorian, Doroftei, or Johnston, but people would have just talked s**t about those too.

I swear if this website was around in 60's, 70's, and 80's, it'd be amazing to see what people would say. Muhammad Ali is fighting Liston's leftovers, Patterson is shot.

God, it's ridiculous.
                    Last edited by 4Corners; 02-21-2012, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Terranza is a solid boxer he's just not as known and publicized as the Cubans are. He comes to fight.Kid is strong.This is why it will tougher than what people expected.

Everyone thinks Donaire is going KTFO a lot of his opponents. Well, i've watched enough fights of Donaire to know that if you have sound defense and do not go reaching in for a KO.Nonito wont KO your ass.

I expect this fight to go the distance and it will be competitive and exciting.Nonito learns to break down his opponent by attacking the belly he might TKO Terranza in the 10 th.

Rigo hasn't done much to deserve quick hands outs he has to keep winning and beat better opposition then he will get a shot.He hasn't done much in his 9 fight career to be honest.
                      Last edited by Filo; 02-21-2012, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X