Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto vs Mayweather=Gatti vs Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Because it's all you can do. Stick by your dense view.

You're trying to claim that Castillo wasn't in his prime in 2002. That is outright wrong.

He was absolutely in his prime in 2002 when Mayweather beat him and beating Castillo in his prime is better than beating Mosley in 2007.
    2007 Mosley is by a better fighter than Castillo ever was that's a fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
      Cause Ketchel lost to Jack Johnson and with you it's cut and dry. Surely, since Duran beat Leonard it is a great win so surely JJ's victory over Ketchel is a great one too....right..... Problem is nothing is black and white in boxing and there are things outside of the sport that factor into the greatness of certain wins. SRL and Duran is one of those cases.
      Yeahhhhhhh, not really.

Johnson-Ketchel was an exhibition fight. You know that, right?

Stanley Ketchel was a Middleweight.

Roberto Duran was a Lightweight, moving up to fight one of the best Welterweight's in the history of the sport.

Please, let me know where the comparison between those two fights start.

And please show me where I said that if a fighter beats another fighter it means they're automatically greater. Please, feel free to quote me.

No, you are mistaken. Some things are black and white in Boxing.

Here's one of them;

Roberto Duran beat Sugar Ray Leonard in his prime.

He was smaller, slower, many claimed was less skilled, no one gave him a shot in hell. Yet, he beat him. Clearly, mind you.

You can spout your nonsense about "Ray Leonard not being on his A game" all you want. It's ****ing nonsense.

Ray Leonard would have beaten a long list of ATG WW's that night. He simply came up short against the better man, that night.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
        No, not really.

Prime Mosley, sure.

2007 Mosley better than a prime Castillo? No.

Comment

You're dead, dude. You're so ***ing dead!

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
            I'm not talking out of my ass. Seen the fight plenty of time and read plenty of books. A couple of people don't like how I rank certain fights. Has nothing to do with the fight but my personal preference of what a great win is.
            Boozing in 1980 would be considered what if u know it's not true???

Comment

• I agree...obviously Cotto is a better opponent than Gatti, no disrespect to the legend but Arturo was never an A fighter..any time he fought someone elite he would get blown out of the water where as Cotto was elite at some point in his career and one more elite fighter beat him the other used plater in gloves.

My analogy comes from Cotto being a boxer puncher, so he is probably going to come forward some to apply pressure, but at the end of the day the fight will end up in the middle of the ring with both fighters picking spots to let go of their hands and countering each others punches. Floyd having the faster hands and faster movements will land flush shot after flush shot in Gatti like fashion...is it as lopsided as the Gatti fight, maybe not but it will end up being lopsided.

Comment

No, not really.

Prime Mosley, sure.

I would love to see if you would have said the same after Mosley ****d Cheato. 2007 Mosleys was as fast and as dangerous as ever and better than Castillo ever was.

Comment

I would love to see if you would have said the same after Mosley ****d Cheato.
                  Not following. Why would you love to see that?

The Mosley that Cotto fought in 2007 was better than the one in 2009.

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
                  2007 Mosleys was as fast and as dangerous as ever and better than Castillo ever was.
                  Faster? Yes.

More dangerous? No.

Better? No.

Comment

Not following. Why would you love to see that?

The Mosley that Cotto fought in 2007 was better than the one in 2009.

Faster? Yes.

More dangerous? No.

Better? No.
                    I bet you wouldn't be saying the same thing. You're just letting Mosley recent history corrupt your opinion.

And yes in 2007 Mosley was better, faster, stronger and more dangerous than Castillo ever was.

Comment

No, not really.

Prime Mosley, sure.

come on bro....

Comment

Working...
                      X