Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto vs Mayweather=Gatti vs Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Check View Post
    Regardless, his best win or win(s) was against Johnston. His p4p ranking 2001 or where people liked to slate him now a days, at that time, was quite high. 2007 version of Mosley was more talented and a better fighter than 2001 JCL. I'm sticking by that.
    Because it's all you can do. Stick by your dense view.

You're trying to claim that Castillo wasn't in his prime in 2002. That is outright wrong.

He was absolutely in his prime in 2002 when Mayweather beat him and beating Castillo in his prime is better than beating Mosley in 2007.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
      Amazing to say the least.....
      Oh, and;

"Leonard was boozing more than ever in 1980".

There's another great quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Oh, and;

I just threw that one in. Let it go man, fight was over 30 years ago. Read these books years ago. I believe Ray was quoted in his last book(sorry I cant recall the title read it last year), that he was drinking quite heavily going into that bout. I could be wrong, I've been wrong before but I'm just telling you what was said by the man. You weren't there and neither was I, I can't say for certain either way.

Comment

• Would you like to complain about why I think Stanley Ketchel is greater than Jack Johnson too(despite beating him)? Or Langford being better? Or is 100 years a bit too much for us to talk about?

Comment

Would you like to complain about why I think Stanley Ketchel is greater than Jack Johnson too(despite beating him)? Or Langford being better? Or is 100 years a bit too much for us to talk about?
            What do Stanley Ketchel, Jack Johnson or Sam Langford have to with anything?

Comment

Oh, and;

Thanks for pointing that out..... Adding to my ignore list now.... Lol

I don't get it.....Opinion is opinion but if u outright don't know about something y talk out the side of ur a$$ about it??? U just look even more dumb in the end

Comment

What do Stanley Ketchel, Jack Johnson or Sam Langford have to with anything?

Cause Ketchel lost to Jack Johnson and with you it's cut and dry. Surely, since Duran beat Leonard it is a great win so surely JJ's victory over Ketchel is a great one too....right..... Problem is nothing is black and white in boxing and there are things outside of the sport that factor into the greatness of certain wins. SRL and Duran is one of those cases.

Comment

I get the same feeling.

We have people saying Cotto's resume is better than Mayweather's.

That Gatti's is better than Cotto's.

That beating Mosley in 2007 is better than beating a prime Castillo.

That Roberto Duran beating Ray Leonard in 1980 was not that special.

And more.

All in one thread!
                  Damn, I missed a lot since I last saw this thread. The bold in particular I'm very interested in seeing, never seen that argument before.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                    Thanks for pointing that out..... Adding to my ignore list now.... Lol

I don't get it.....Opinion is opinion but if u outright don't know about something y talk out the side of ur a$$ about it??? U just look even more dumb in the end
                    I'm not talking out of my ass. Seen the fight plenty of time and read plenty of books. A couple of people don't like how I rank certain fights. Has nothing to do with the fight but my personal preference of what a great win is.

Comment

Regardless, his best win or win(s) was against Johnston. His p4p ranking 2001 or where people liked to slate him now a days, at that time, was quite high. 2007 version of Mosley was more talented and a better fighter than 2001 JCL. I'm sticking by that.
                      You better lay off that pipe. It's f-ckin with you.

Comment

Working...
                      X