Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto vs Mayweather=Gatti vs Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for the record I pick floyd over cotto..... but it will be more competitive than what most of the people think!

Comment

• Mayweather hasn't Gatti'd an opponent since Gatti. Doesn't throw that many combos any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
        I can say the same about cotto' s resume vs gatti.....
        Of course you can.

Gatti's resume pales in comparison to Cotto's.

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          Leonard fought great versus Duran and would have beat just about anyone that night. Two of the ATG's warred and one was better that night.

Period.

Next.
          Exactly.

The uneducated view that has formed about that fight and Ray Leonard in general pisses me off, to say the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Of course you can.

Gatti's resume pales in comparison to Cotto's.
            Stop looking at names only

Comment

• Originally posted by Forza View Post
              Stop looking at names only
              ......What?

Are you actually contemplating the idea of Arturo Gatti's resume being better than Miguel Cotto's?

Comment

......What?

Are you actually contemplating the idea of Arturo Gatti's resume being better than Miguel Cotto's?
                No cotto's is better but not by that much. I see some similarities between the 2 fighters actually, cotto being more athletic gatti being tougher and stronger.

Comment

......What?

Resume (in terms of just names) is only one part. Cotto is better, he's beaten better, he was better against the best guys he lost too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forza View Post
                    No cotto's is better but not by that much. I see some similarities between the 2 fighters actually, cotto being more athletic gatti being tougher and stronger.

Good Lord.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
                      No I get what you are saying and a lot of people think that way but I don't. Just because Mayweather beat Castillo in an era where his prime was starting shouldn't automatically mean that Mayweather gets more credit for that victory. When Castillo matched up with Mayweather he had just came off two fights with Johnston. Whether you think he won or loss is up to debate but he certainly didn't light Johnston up. Whos to say that after Castillo fought Mayweather he learned and got better. This happens a lot and it isn't because Mayweather is this guy that makes fighters better.

For example the Duran that beat Leonard, simply didn't beat the best Leonard but he should get praise for beating Leonard....I don't think so. Leonard learned a ton from their first meeting in Montreal and became a more complete fighter because of it. That's why I'll never say Duran beating Leonard in the first fight was that special.

Comment

Working...
                      X