Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If MAYWEATHER is a PPV STAR, why they are putting good undercards on May 5?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares?
    Besides, just because it looks good doesn't mean it'll be good. Floyd's last event had a star studded line up with Morales and Canelo... but look at their fights.
    I commend GBP for trying to put a good card in.
    IMO, when Top Rank does it, it looks shiiity on paper... but turns out to be quite entertaining.
    I.E
    Arce and Alvarado in Pac's last two fights.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Who cares?
      Besides, just because it looks good doesn't mean it'll be good. Floyd's last event had a star studded line up with Morales and Canelo... but look at their fights.
      I commend GBP for trying to put a good card in.
      IMO, when Top Rank does it, it looks shiiity on paper... but turns out to be quite entertaining.
      I.E
      Arce and Alvarado in Pac's last two fights.
      The Alvarado-Prescott, Arce-Vazquez undercard has been the only good undercard TR have done in years. You say it like if they always do it, when that's the only PPV I can think of recently, and I've bought all of Manny's PPVs from 2008+.

While GBP actually put on good cards more consistantly. For example the Hopkins-Dawson undercard, Holt vs Garcia was a really good fight, and Linares vs DeMarco was a GREAT fight with an upset and everything, the whole come from behind scenario. And now that card that will be televised on HBO, with Mattysse vs Soto on the undercard of the Khan-Peterson II fight.

Comment

Its cuz floyd's fighting style is boring and snooze worthy. Why else do you think Tiger woods left during the 10th round and the entire building was booing during the baldomir fight?

People always want their money back after a floyd PPV ala this guy

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          Its cuz floyd's fighting style is boring and snooze worthy. Why else do you think Tiger woods left during the 10th round and the entire building was booing during the baldomir fight?

People always want their money back after a floyd PPV ala this guy

oh god why

shoulda been a perma

Comment

This is unequivically the dumbest thread i have ever seen in my life.
            I mean, I'm no Floyd cheerleader but to complain about a decent under
            card that will have the casual boxing fan pretty excited is just pure hate.
            I think Floyd is officially about to pass Ali as the most hated boxer of any generation.

Comment

they want to give their fighters as much exposure as possible, and there's no better opportunity for that than a floyd mayweather main event. jessie vargas fighting too?

Comment

Originally posted by abdul-jakul View Post

MOSLEY VS ALVAREZ
                WRIGHT VS QUILLIN ( not final )
                GBP....they have a future BOXING hall of famers on board who actually did box....not some old Ivy league school graduate who NEVER threw or took a punch in the ring...those dudes know how to dress up a card...the oldman knows how to dress up his pockets....thats my opinion!!

Comment

Because they care about the fans.

Comment

MOSLEY VS ALVAREZ
                    WRIGHT VS QUILLIN ( not final )
                    good undercard?..First of all its not even a good undercard..second of all, ur SUPPOSED to make as many good fights as u can, on a ppv of this magnitude

Comment

i think they are afraid that pacquiao-bradley will outsell them!!!
                      Bradley is a no name, and espn poll already showed that EVERYONE is more interested in Floyd's fight than Pac's fight...Pac's fight is not on anyone's radar

Comment

Working...
                      X