No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux Furious: Says He Was Ignored in San Antonio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
    yes he did. his black american world class slickness, athleticism, along with his tremendous counter punching ability were on full display vs vasquez, a very good opponent for fighter making debut in a higher weight class.

Not to mention doing all that with a injured hand early in the fight.

Montiel and darchinyan were top 10 p4p in the whole sport when donaire KTFO.

If you actually followed boxing you would know this.
    need say no more

Comment

• Rigondeaux cannot afford to have another inactive year such as he did in 2011. I would love to see a mega fight vs Nonito but realistically probably not gonna happen anytime soon. Screw it let it sizzle for a bit but not a la Gamboa vs Juanma Lopez.

Todd duBoef has a respectable appreciation for Gamboa and even though Rigo's style is not the same sort to speak as Yuri I hope he can help elevate El Chacals rapidly and intelligently.

Comment

• Originally posted by GloriousBasterd
        Just cuz a fighter has the same skin color as you doesn't make him the second coming of Jesus. Good gawd these rigondeaux nut huggers are gettin ridiculous.

What exactly does rigondeaux bring to the table?

A huge fanbase? Nope.
        PPV money and large gate sales? Hell no.
        A crowd pleasing style? Nope. Check the cordoba fight.
        Signature wins over elite competition? No again.
        Major professional accomplishments? Other than being 9-0 against scrubs and a weak alphabet champion...no.
        Significant recognition from boxing establishments? Nope, rigo's never won fighter of the year, knockout of the year, fight of the year, etc. to my knowledge.

And only AMERICAN gold winners get their ticket punched to fame right out the gate...Ali, Frazier, SRL, ODLH.

Rigondeaux needs to know his place and STFU. Donaire's in the driver's seat because he's been through the fire and earned it. Rigo ain't in any position to call shots or dictate to anyone.

Sorry to say, his cuban gold medals and gazillion amateur matches don't mean shiet in the professional boxing business.
        last I checked rigondeax is ranked #2 in the division not donaire and as boxing fans we should always hope the best fights the best

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          last I checked rigondeax is ranked #2 in the division not donaire and as boxing fans we should always hope the best fights the best
          Absolutely.

"Forum promoters" out in full effect. It's almost as if they have a financial interest at stake.

Comment

Working...
          X