No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux Furious: Says He Was Ignored in San Antonio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
    Rigo nobody cares about u.Nobody was there for u.
    200 + comments ....and nobody cares about Rigo ?
    Umm

Comment

• Rigo or his promoters should go after nishioka or arce, try and eliminate Nonitos options by fighting the fighters he want to fight, No need to be moaning like the fight would drop on your lap, This is the samething Margarito/Arum did when calling Mayweather out, Instead of going after Judah,Gatti, Baldomir and leaving Mayweather with zero options they were begging and moaning for a fight with him, If the guy isnt going to fight you there is nothing you can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by damit305 View Post
        Did he seem like top 5 p4p material Sat night?
        yes he did. his black american world class slickness, athleticism, along with his tremendous counter punching ability were on full display vs vasquez, a very good opponent for fighter making debut in a higher weight class.

Not to mention doing all that with a injured hand early in the fight.

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
        forgive my ignorance but who were these? in his record i can't see anyone i could imagine to have been close to being in the top ten p4p.
        Montiel and darchinyan were top 10 p4p in the whole sport when donaire KTFO.

If you actually followed boxing you would know this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
          and as sad is this is to say my friend all of that means nothing now that he is a pro

in the end what he does as a pro is what should matter going forward.

in all honesty he should get right back in the ring instead of chasing ghosts and complaining
          I understand that. And I agree...to a point. Yes, now that he's a pro, Rigo's exploits as a professional are all that count. I simply wanted to make a distinction: Guillermo isn't your average "rookie". A lot of people that count seem to agree. Freddie Roach took Rigondeaux on and made it clear that he wanted to put "El Chacal" on the fast track to a world championship. (They were talking about a title shot after two bouts, FFS.) Rigo held an interim belt after about a half-dozen fights and now holds the WBA strap. We're not just talking about a decorated amateur anymore; Rigondeaux is now a bona-fide champion.

Anyone that's cared to read my posts knows what I think of Rigo so far. He's extremely talented, but needs to grow into his new role as a pro. He's been occasionally boring, but I expect to see him pick up the excitement. Many people are miffed that Guillermo is getting extraordinary treatment. You're basically saying, "Sorry, Rigo needs to get in line, like everyone else." I'm saying, "Sorry, 'El Chacal's' a real champion at a very early stage; like it or not, his career means more than most."

Comment

• Rigo takes Donaire apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
              not sure what this had to do with my original statement but okay

it seems to me that Donaire is going the same route Mayweather did when he opted to make himself as big of a star as possible by fighting the right opponents (maybe not the best) in order for him to get the most crossover appeal

when Mayweather took this route he got a lot of flack over it fighting the likes of DLH Judah etc but in the end he became a cross over star

to a much smaller scale I think it's the same route TR and Donaire are looking at. After this he will probably take on Arce and then he has often said he would like to fight in Japan so I am guessing a Nishioka fight by the end of the year
              I undestand that but it just means Donaire is going to get a lot of flack too.

And Donaire is one of my favorite fighters. Just saying, Rigo deserves a shot over Arce, but Nishioka is #1 in the division so he's above Rigo so that's a great fight for donaire.

If Donaire vs Arce is going to happen, ideally Nishioka vs Rigo should happen and the winner gets Donaire. I hope that happens.

Comment

• [QUOTE=BIGPOPPAPUMP;11750047]Las Vegas, NV - The newly crowned WBA super bantamweight world champion Guillermo “The Jackal” Rigondeaux is furious. The boxer was present at ringside on Saturday at the Alamodome in San Antonio, to watch Nonito Donaire capture the vacant WBO super bantamweight belt with a twelve round split decision over Wilfredo Vázquez Jr.

Hey I like Rigondeaux - has achieved plenty in the Am's & proven his worth over a short time in the pro's but he's getting a bit ahead of himself putting a media statement out like that. Perhaps if he had discussed it with TR prior they would have said - leave it alone this is Nonito's time to shine or perhaps they would have worded up the broadcaster. But to be furious is over the top & to put it out to the media like that is almost a bit embarrassing ..

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                  yes he did. his black american world class slickness, athleticism, along with his tremendous counter punching ability were on full display vs vasquez, a very good opponent for fighter making debut in a higher weight class.

Not to mention doing all that with a injured hand early in the fight.

Montiel and darchinyan were top 10 p4p in the whole sport when donaire KTFO.

If you actually followed boxing you would know this.
                  BS early in the fight, he is a liar, if he broke his hand like he said back in the second round they would has to cut that glove in order to get it free, there is no way that injury occurred when he say, the guy is full of excuses and their fans believed that $h1t, is like I'll be excusing Solis for blowing his acl, BS he did it to himself and that cost him millions, or he was winning the round, no he didn't he got smacked on top of the head and went down, 8-10 for Robocop if he could had continue.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Stu Duncan;11754021]
                    Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Las Vegas, NV - The newly crowned WBA super bantamweight world champion Guillermo “The Jackal” Rigondeaux is furious. The boxer was present at ringside on Saturday at the Alamodome in San Antonio, to watch Nonito Donaire capture the vacant WBO super bantamweight belt with a twelve round split decision over Wilfredo Vázquez Jr.

Hey I like Rigondeaux - has achieved plenty in the Am's & proven his worth over a short time in the pro's but he's getting a bit ahead of himself putting a media statement out like that. Perhaps if he had discussed it with TR prior they would have said - leave it alone this is Nonito's time to shine or perhaps they would have worded up the broadcaster. But to be furious is over the top & to put it out to the media like that is almost a bit embarrassing ..
                    That's De Cubas talking crap...

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      I understand that. And I agree...to a point. Yes, now that he's a pro, Rigo's exploits as a professional are all that count. I simply wanted to make a distinction: Guillermo isn't your average "rookie". A lot of people that count seem to agree. Freddie Roach took Rigondeaux on and made it clear that he wanted to put "El Chacal" on the fast track to a world championship. (They were talking about a title shot after two bouts, FFS.) Rigo held an interim belt after about a half-dozen fights and now holds the WBA strap. We're not just talking about a decorated amateur anymore; Rigondeaux is now a bona-fide champion.

Anyone that's cared to read my posts knows what I think of Rigo so far. He's extremely talented, but needs to grow into his new role as a pro. He's been occasionally boring, but I expect to see him pick up the excitement. Many people are miffed that Guillermo is getting extraordinary treatment. You're basically saying, "Sorry, Rigo needs to get in line, like everyone else." I'm saying, "Sorry, 'El Chacal's' a real champion at a very early stage; like it or not, his career means more than most."
                      that's why I came at you because I like your perspective

and great post

Comment

Working...
                      X