No announcement yet.

Mayweather: "I'll only fight Martinez at 150 lbs, I'll fight Cotto at 154."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
    Translation- Floyd: I'm ducking Martinez. "I'll fight you (Martinez)@150 but I rather fight cotto @154! Step up punk!

Floyd: Step-up! Oh wait your a threat.. I'm going for the easy route! Step-up Cotto!
    Where does 154 come into play? Who said anything about 154? Martinez offered 150 to both Pac and Floyd...

Did you *******s wake up and decide to forget facts that do not suit your agenda again?

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
      Where does 154 come into play? Who said anything about 154? Martinez offered 150 to both Pac and Floyd...

Did you *******s wake up and decide to forget facts that do not suit your agenda again?
      Huh? 154lb Cotto bro...Understand.. Breath hard then comprehend..

Makes it even worse for Floyd. Sergio willing to step up @150 but still Floyd rather fights Cotto @ 154. Scared maybe?

Drained Sergio and he still goes for Cotto.. wack lol

Dodging maybe?

As for Pac stance, pac always said he is sticking to 147 coz honestly he is a smaller dude than Floyd.

The thing is floyd went to 154 now. So he really is bigger and challenge the bigger boys like sergio.

The question is why not fight a 150 sergio? hmmm...
      Last edited by Spoon23; 02-03-2012, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
        Disclaimer: The title is not a quote of Mayweather. It is too separate documented things he said he was willing to do. It's paraphrased and the quotes should be removed. At the end of the day, those are the things he said he'd be willing to do. But that's besides the point as that is not the thread's main point. It's simply about the reality that CW's have existed for a long time and have a place in boxing.

Note: This thread was inspired by a fan in Fat Dan's Chat. Also, all Pacquiao and Mayweather huggers please exit this thread now. I know you won't listen, but it was worth a shot. Here we go:

The fact that Mayweather is willing to fight Cotto at 154 but would make Martinez drop to 150 speaks volumes.

Obviously the issue of weight has nothing to do with caring whether or not his opponent is comfortable, but more about he doesn't feel he needs to adjust his weight to win. And if he can overcome a small sticking point and insult Pac at the same time? All the better. If Mayweather/JMM didn't tell you that Mayweather doesn't care about CW's, then I guess you aren't going to get it.

With that said though, it's not just Mayweather. Pac has used catchweights. Cotto attempted to make Margario fight below 154 for their rematch(so for everyone, Cotto included, b*tching about CWs? What a joke.) And throughout boxing history, many, many fighters have used catchweights.

It's all a matter of one fighter having more clout than his opponent, a genuine need for a catchweight between two fighters from different weight classes, or a CW being treated as a bargaining chip in a negotiation. At the end of the day, they exist, they aren't great. BUT they are a part of boxing and there are many guilty parties.
        Every Mayweather hater either takes his words out of context or takes some rumor or flatout lie printed on a website, applies it to Mayweather and then criticizes him for not doing what he said he would do in the website article, when in reality the article was a lie or a rumor manufactured by the website owner.

Mayweather never said he would not fight Martinez at 154 pounds. A reporter asked him if he would fight Martinez at 150. Mayweather said yes. If the reporter had asked him if he would fight Martinez at 154, I am sure he would have answered yes to that question also.

If I asked you if you would take $100,000 to work in a job that only pays $50,000, I am sure your answer would be yes. If I asked you if you would take $50,000 for a job that paid $50,000, your answer would be yes also.

Your thread is a terrible example of splitting hairs and is ongoing proof that *******s are the most ignorant fans in the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
          Every Mayweather hater either takes his words out of context or takes some rumor or flatout lie printed on a website, applies it to Mayweather and then criticizes him for not doing what he said he would do in the website article, when in reality the article was a lie or a rumor manufactured by the website owner.

Mayweather never said he would not fight Martinez at 154 pounds. A reporter asked him if he would fight Martinez at 150. Mayweather said yes. If the reporter had asked him if he would fight Martinez at 154, I am sure he would have answered yes to that question also.

If I asked you if you would take $100,000 to work in a job that only pays $50,000, I am sure your answer would be yes. If I asked you if you would take $50,000 for a job that paid $50,000, your answer would be yes also.

Your thread is a terrible example of splitting hairs and is ongoing proof that *******s are the most ignorant fans in the world.
          Terrible.. terrible excuses.. just dumb..

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
            Huh? 154lb Cotto bro...Understand.. Breath hard then comprehend..

Makes it even worse for Floyd. Sergio willing to step up @150 but still Floyd rather fights Cotto @ 154. Scared maybe?

Drained Sergio and he still goes for Cotto.. wack lol

Dodging maybe?

As for Pac stance, pac always said he is sticking to 147 coz honestly he is a smaller dude than Floyd.

The thing is floyd went to 154 now. So he really is bigger and challenge the bigger boys like sergio.

The question is why not fight a 150 sergio? hmmm...
            You do realize that the Pacquiao deal failed like a week ago and Martinez has been scheduled to fight Macklin since before new years.

Comment

• I made a thread about how Khan's style was becoming more and more similar to Pacquiao's style and questioning whether Roach had done it intentionally, etc and that got deleted after literally 10 minutes and I don't make many threads.

I'm not being funny but why is this thread still in existence? The topic title is a sensationalist fabricated quote for starters, second of all the quotes it comes from are taken out of context. It is just a bait and hate thread, i.e. a waste of time!

Why is there allowed to be a constant stream of piss topics aimed at discrediting or being racist towards Mayweather, etc. Whilst topics like mine get deleted. I'm not saying it was some amazing topic and yes it did mention Pacquiao but the main person on topic was Khan and was not a childish or hate filled topic designed for people to come in and argue in a silly manner.

We need to start getting more diverse with our topics it is getting beyond boring discussing the same things and having 2 fanbases have a PR war online based on slander.

Comment

• floyd never said this.he was asked if he would fight sergio at 150 and he said sure

Comment

• Martinez was the one who said he was willing to come down to 150. It's not like Floyd is forcing him to drain himself down to 150.

Floyd is a small fighter and Martinez would have a big advantage on fight night. A 152 catch weight fight is fair for both fighters.

Comment

• PUGA supports this thread, he's dumb like that

Comment

• Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
                      i dont understand what the big deal is about this.... i saw the interview when he said that, someone threw Martinez name out there and mayweather quickly said sure if he can drop to 150.. and thats it.. it wasnt even in a serious tone...

some of you analyze things too much like a group of high school *****es just shut the *** up and watch some damn fights... you guys need a women in your life
                      its the battle of the *******s and *****s... sadly i use to be a part of

Comment

Working...
                      X