No announcement yet.

Mayweather: "I'll only fight Martinez at 150 lbs, I'll fight Cotto at 154."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Libra_Por_Libra View Post
    Martinez was the one who said he was willing to come down to 150. It's not like Floyd is forcing him to drain himself down to 150.

Floyd is a small fighter and Martinez would have a big advantage on fight night. A 152 catch weight fight is fair for both fighters.
    Catch weight? Floyd said he ain't into catch weight? But he said 150 ok to sergio? then goes for a 154 cotto instead of a weak 150 sergio??

Does it have to be the road of least resistance all the time Floyd?

Geez.. flip flopping about catch weights.. now going for left overs whats next??

Oh yeah fight in jail with a lady man hehe!

Comment

• Originally posted by nujabes77 View Post
      its the battle of the *******s and *****s... sadly i use to be a part of
      same here..... both groups are idiots

Comment

• Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
        same here..... both groups are idiots
        You're one of the *****s lol

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
          Martinez made the offer of 150 to Pac and Floyd... Where does a 154 come into play?
          Floyd is not known to do CW, so for Floyds benefit he should mention 154 even if the interviewer doesnt thats where 154 comes into play. Floyd should proactively say dont speak CW with me.

Originally posted by WESS View Post
          Where does 154 come into play? Who said anything about 154? Martinez offered 150 to both Pac and Floyd...

?
          Floyd should say something about 154. So what if Sergio offered 150. Floyd dont do CW. If he fights Sergio there cant be a CW as Sergio would be coming down 10lbs, which Floyd knows is absurd even.

In the past Floyd has been asked about the Pac situation and then Floyd goes totally off on a tangent as he didnt want to talk about Pac. So Floyd talks only what he wants to talk about, not what the interviewer wants to talk about.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
            Martinez said HE would fight either Pac or Floyd at 150. Floyd said it could be an option. Problem is, Martinez is fighting a MW at MW in March.

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
            Huh? 154lb Cotto bro...Understand.. Breath hard then comprehend..

Makes it even worse for Floyd. Sergio willing to step up @150 but still Floyd rather fights Cotto @ 154. Scared maybe?

Drained Sergio and he still goes for Cotto.. wack lol

Dodging maybe?

As for Pac stance, pac always said he is sticking to 147 coz honestly he is a smaller dude than Floyd.

The thing is floyd went to 154 now. So he really is bigger and challenge the bigger boys like sergio.

The question is why not fight a 150 sergio? hmmm...
            Read above...

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            Floyd is not known to do CW, so for Floyds benefit he should mention 154 even if the interviewer doesnt thats where 154 comes into play. Floyd should proactively say dont speak CW with me.

Floyd should say something about 154. So what if Sergio offered 150. Floyd dont do CW. If he fights Sergio there cant be a CW as Sergio would be coming down 10lbs, which Floyd knows is absurd even.

In the past Floyd has been asked about the Pac situation and then Floyd goes totally off on a tangent as he didnt want to talk about Pac. So Floyd talks only what he wants to talk about, not what the interviewer wants to talk about.
            Again this does not make any sense. Martinez is fighting a middleweight at middleweight in March. Say that three times and then run into a wall before you post anything about what floyd should of, could of done...

Comment

• "will you fight Martinez at 150lbs?
              "Yes i will fight Martinez at 150lbs if he can get there.

This is an answer to a question. If the question was will you fight Martinez at 154, and Floyd states "no, but at 150 i will fight him" then you have some ammunition for this pointless thread, but as it stands, you do not.

It's almost as if people try to be dumb.

Now if Floyd refuse to fight Martinez at 154 despite fighting Cotto at 154 i would consider it a duck. Just like i did when Pac fought Margarito at 150, then asked Martinez to agree to 150 only to then bail out.

Comment

• Smh @ *******a resorting to flat out lying. Your time is almost up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                  Catch weight? Floyd said he ain't into catch weight? But he said 150 ok to sergio? then goes for a 154 cotto instead of a weak 150 sergio??

Does it have to be the road of least resistance all the time Floyd?

Geez.. flip flopping about catch weights.. now going for left overs whats next??

Oh yeah fight in jail with a lady man hehe!
                  Martinez is two weight classes above Floyd. Floyd is even a small WW.

You would have a case, but Martinez was not available. Cotto was the best available guy after Miss Pac Man ducked him.

Comment

• Everyone should agree Floyd can't say Martinez is too big though right(at 154)? If hes willing to fight one titlist at 154 he should be able to fight a career 154 who weighs only a couple lbs more than Cotto on fight night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                      Everyone should agree Floyd can't say Martinez is too big though right(at 154)? If hes willing to fight one titlist at 154 he should be able to fight a career 154 who weighs only a couple lbs more than Cotto on fight night.
                      Wait and see approach. Why get worked up or assume anything at this point? We're still months away from Mayweather-Cotto, weeks away from Martinez-Macklin, and possibly a year away from a possible Mayweather-Martinez fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X