Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better version of Cotto: Manny version or May version?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
    Pac fought comfortably at welter before (DLH) and ever since the Cotto fight. I consider him a welter sort of like I consider Mosley a welter. They both made the jump but were completely fine doing it and stayed at the new weight. Floyd hasn't really shown that at 154 yet so I place more importance on it.

Side note: I did place a ton of importance on weight when Pac moved up to fight DLH, but not Cotto, esp since it was Pac's dictated weight not a true 147 pound fight.
    Well no Pac fought Oscar at WW, and then went back down if you recall to JWW. Where he weighed in at 138 against Hatton. And, then he went back up to WW to fight at 145 against Cotto. Again one can't forget that just 18 months prior Pac was fighting at 130. Had 1 fight at LW and 1 fight at JWW also between those 18 months.

I mean lets not act as if Floyd hasn't fought at 154 before. And, he won a comfortable decision against Oscar. I mean people can point out boxrec split decision win. But, Oscar won 3 rounds in that fight. 4 rounds if you're being generous and give Oscar the benefit of every doubt.

I don't think there is any argument that can be made that Floyd is fighting the more difficult Cotto or the better version of Cotto. I just can't see that argument.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Well no Pac fought Oscar at WW, and then went back down if you recall to JWW. Where he weighed in at 138 against Hatton. And, then he went back up to WW to fight at 145 against Cotto. Again one can't forget that just 18 months prior Pac was fighting at 130. Had 1 fight at LW and 1 fight at JWW also between those 18 months.

I mean lets not act as if Floyd hasn't fought at 154 before. And, he won a comfortable decision against Oscar. I mean people can point out boxrec split decision win. But, Oscar won 3 rounds in that fight. 4 rounds if you're being generous and give Oscar the benefit of every doubt.

I don't think there is any argument that can be made that Floyd is fighting the more difficult Cotto or the better version of Cotto. I just can't see that argument.
      I think he's fighting the more seasoned version of Cotto...not the physically better one.

I personally think gameplans and intelligence in the ring are huge, and the current version of Cotto will be more disciplined than the version Pac fought.

But he is definitely physically inferior.

Comment

Cotto at 154 is more legit. While Cotto was busting his asss off to make 145, Manny was singing Karaoke with his friends and Jimmy Kimmel. *******s will say Manny's version was better of course. Cotto at 154 will be stronger then a 145 pound toothpick, bank that.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post

I was alluding to how he stayed at welter after the Cotto fight. There were live bodies at Jr. welter too.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            i agree with this.

I don't think cotto is any better at 154 than at 147, that's for sure.

We can all agree, I hope that the Margs cotto beat isnt the same margs that beat him before. I also think the Foreman fight was pretty much a joke, dude had no chance to hurt him and mayorga is whatever.

however cotto was coming off a pretty shi tty fight vs clottey.

i do like that everyone was saying that hatton was ruined by floyd but cotto was brutalized by manny, but that means nothing in this fight, i'm sure.
            yeah but i felt clottey was better than yuri and mayorga..only reason he did so bad against clottey was the cut over his eye (caused by a headbutt) that compromised his vision.

Comment

How is Cotto different than in the past? I see the same strength~ the same flaws. I would pick the same level of guy to beat him~ and would expect him to beat the same guys he would always beat~.

Looks the exact same dude, nothing that special just that facade he is special is gone.

If you care that much about fake hype stuff you may think he is vastly different, but that doesn't appear to be the reality~

Comment

Floyd version, just barely. he has a real trainer now, and no catchweight

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
                  Cotto at 154 is more legit. While Cotto was busting his asss off to make 145, Manny was singing Karaoke with his friends and Jimmy Kimmel. *******s will say Manny's version was better of course. Cotto at 154 will be stronger then a 145 pound toothpick, bank that.
                  yeah cotto definitely looked like a weight-drained toothpick against pac lol...........cotto imo is a blown-up jmw.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    This one

+ 2 and a half years
                    the no catchweight version is better............

Comment

after 2 brutal beatings, cotto will never be the same again and it doesn't matter at what weight he will fight on.

if there's any consolation, i don't think cotto will get the same brutal beating from floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X