Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better version of Cotto: Manny version or May version?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young damage good > old damage good.. U have to be really on someone's nutts to try and switch that around. It's ok *****s PAC fought more of Floyd's left over so y'all aint gotta lie to urself that cotto at 154 is legit, especially not 4yr later lol.....

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      But, your question still a debate between Floyd and Pac. A legit WW moving up to 154 to fight Cotto is not a more difficult talk for a blown up LW who weighed in at 138 in his previous fight to move to 145 and fight Cotto. Is just not.
      Pac fought comfortably at welter before (DLH) and ever since the Cotto fight. I consider him a welter sort of like I consider Mosley a welter. They both made the jump but were completely fine doing it and stayed at the new weight. Floyd hasn't really shown that at 154 yet so I place more importance on it.

Side note: I did place a ton of importance on weight when Pac moved up to fight DLH, but not Cotto, esp since it was Pac's dictated weight not a true 147 pound fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Pacquiao obviously fought the better version and that is not debatable.
        Boxingscene and a lot of boxing fans have hoodwinked themselves somehow with the assistance of Floyd.

The result of two key moves.

1.) Throwing out the diversion of a worse fight in Canelo
        2.) Making a point to say the fight will be at 154

The reality is, Pac beating Cotto down took him down a notch.

Comment

Pretty even.

Pacquiao's Cotto came off of a bad Margo beating and barely beat Clottey, and Pac compounded that by needing a catchweight even after those 2 tough fights. And had no corner.

This Cotto is at a comfortable weight, has come off some good performances, but has been beaten by Pacquiao and has gotten older, but seems to have better gameplans as of recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            i agree with this.

I don't think cotto is any better at 154 than at 147, that's for sure.

We can all agree, I hope that the Margs cotto beat isnt the same margs that beat him before. I also think the Foreman fight was pretty much a joke, dude had no chance to hurt him and mayorga is whatever.

however cotto was coming off a pretty shi tty fight vs clottey.

i do like that everyone was saying that hatton was ruined by floyd but cotto was brutalized by manny, but that means nothing in this fight, i'm sure.
            Cotto is not any better. If anything, I think being smaller better suited Cotto. He wasn't a big welterweight, and at least at smaller weights it played into him being somewhat of a mover. Allowing his agility to be strong.

A lot of star power in this ring though, so should be fun to watch. But this fight came way later than it should have and Pac/Cotto was a much livlier Cotto.

Comment

@ Floyd version or even votes. Fucking ***** philosophy....where out of prime boxers are born again and untested challengers become a challenge when they fight Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                @ Floyd version or even votes. Fucking ***** philosophy....where out of prime boxers are born again and untested challengers become a challenge when they fight Floyd.
                The results of this poll are an embarrassment to boxingscene, and that says a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Nonitard View Post
                  first 4 rounds of that fight with Pac show Cotto was still Cotto

he lost because he admitted, he "couldnt see the punches coming"

still, he was still in his prime despite the Margarito beating

2012 Cotto may be technically better, but not as good overall

This.

Cotto is only good for 6 rounds.Then it will be all Mayweather.I feel bad for Cotto. He is going to get badly punished in this fight.Let's hope the ref shows mercy because Floyd wont.He would sucker punch even elbow him if he has too to win.

Comment

To be honest, I don't think the weight will be too much of a factor. He's not a super big JMW, so I don't think the size'll play too much of a role. As for which Cotto is better, I think the one that fought Pacquiao, I feel he was more at his physical peak at the time and all he really missed was a legitimate coach in his corner. He did well for the first few rounds, except for getting put on his ass, but after the 5th it became a one sided beatdown, which I think may have played similarly to his mental state like the MArgarito fight did.

Comment

Pac's version was better. Cotto has been fighting bums at JMW after the Pac fight to regain his confidence after two beatdowns at Welterweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X