No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Kelly Pavlik Training Hard With Garcia For Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    He hasn't shown much if any heart since his first loss to Hopkins. He basically quit against Sergio. And plunged himself into drink and depression
    Nah he didn't quit, he was just totally outboxed by Martinez and realized that at least during that night he wasn't going to be able to beat him. About the depression, I agree, the guy was on the top of the world until Hopkins beat him, but hey it was at a heavier weight so it wasn't such a big deal. Then he lost his title against Martinez and was completely dominated, that's when he couldn't handle it and started with his drinking problems.

Comment

He hasn't shown much if any heart since his first loss to Hopkins. He basically quit against Sergio. And plunged himself into drink and depression
      He fought with two cuts. His face was red. Just because he didn't finish strong, doesn't mean he quit.

He was the only fighter in recent years to come even close to beating Sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
        Nah he didn't quit, he was just totally outboxed by Martinez and realized that at least during that night he wasn't going to be able to beat him. About the depression, I agree, the guy was on the top of the world until Hopkins beat him, but hey it was at a heavier weight so it wasn't such a big deal. Then he lost his title against Martinez and was completely dominated, that's when he couldn't handle it and started with his drinking problems.
        Thats called quitting.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          He fought with two cuts. His face was red. Just because he didn't finish strong, doesn't mean he quit.

He was the only fighter in recent years to come even close to beating Sergio.
          I remember in the corner, he said something to Loew and Loew said "Don't say that!". He quit. He mentally gave up.

His middleweight reign was arguably the worst in history.

Comment

Thats called quitting.
            Nope, he still tried his best but it wasn't enough.

Comment

He said he had weight issues...who knows...there is an excuse for every loss these days, but if training at Garcia's gym doesn't give Pavlik a distraction from the alcoholism and an infusion of heart then IDK what does...he does want the Martinez rematch tho.

Comment

I remember in the corner, he said something to Loew and Loew said "Don't say that!". He quit. He mentally gave up.

His middleweight reign was arguably the worst in history.
                Over the 2-1/2 year period that Pavlik was the middleweight champ, he fought seven times. Out of those seven opponents five of them were ranked in the top ten by Ring magazine when they fought. Just with that information alone don't you think that it is quite a stretch to claim that Pavlik had one of the worst reigns in history?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                  Over the 2-1/2 year period that Pavlik was the middleweight champ, he fought seven times. Out of those seven opponents five of them were ranked in the top ten by Ring magazine when they fought. Just with that information alone don't you think that it is quite a stretch to claim that Pavlik had one of the worst reigns in history?
                  When you actually name the 7 opponents, then we'll discuss it more.

Comment

this gym is packed with mexicans that work their ass off this will benefit Kelly tremendously as he will be motivated by the fellows work ethics .

Wonderful move from pavlik .

Comment

i think he was saying that martinez is too fast or i cant catch em or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X