Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikkel Kessler on Andre Ward: He Doesn't Have The Guts!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
    you euro's try too hard, wow he had to travel about 600 miles, what a warrior. Copenhagen to london is less than 600 miles. Thats less than a 90 minute flight.

Plus kessler wanted to come to america.......the big money is here and you all know it. Why the **** would a top american draw go fight an underdog in any country over there
    Ward shouldn't go over there nor should he even rematch Kessler. But, the big money here are for certain fighters.

Ward is a Top American draw. But, Kessler in Denmark is a bigger draw. If it's about the big money then Ward should go to Denmark. Because, he would make more money in Denmark than he would here.

And, it doesn't matter if it's 600 miles or not. He still fought in foreign territory. Detroit is 600 miles away from Montreal. If the fight is in Montreal who will be in a more comfortable situation between Bute or Dirrell?
    Last edited by jrosales13; 01-27-2012, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Manny_ate_myDog View Post
      Battling “devil’s advocate” Nelson.

Love it

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        To earn money perhaps? Its not like Ward is a big draw in the states as it is.
        he can and does make money here. Isn't that why all these foreign fighters want to come here. Stop pretending like the us isn't the top market. It's not like ward is fighting in chile. Plus that tournament was SHOWTIME'S, yet still some of you euro's called for the finals out of the US.

Ward is among the top 5 fighters in the world and already beat kessler. Expecting ward to go to europe is assinine at best

Comment

you euro's try too hard, wow he had to travel about 600 miles, what a warrior. Copenhagen to london is less than 600 miles. Thats less than a 90 minute flight.

Plus kessler wanted to come to america.......the big money is here and you all know it. Why the **** would a top american draw go fight an underdog in any country over there
          You Yanks are too thick. The distance isn't the key. Its fighting in someone else's backyard.

Kessler is a bigger draw in Denmark.

Comment

he can and does make money here. Isn't that why all these foreign fighters want to come here. Stop pretending like the us isn't the top market. It's not like ward is fighting in chile. Plus that tournament was SHOWTIME'S, yet still some of you euro's called for the finals out of the US.

Ward is among the top 5 fighters in the world and already beat kessler. Expecting ward to go to europe is assinine at best
            How Big was the attendance for the s6 final? I Think it was about 4k. Not impressive. Rather sad.

And who's expecting Ward to go to Denmark? Kessler does not and frankly I myself would be very surprised.

In another interview Kessler Said he wouldn't go to Oakland, but Atlantic City would be fine.

Comment

Im sure Kessler could have made big enough money staying in Denmark fighting bums (see Bute,Lucian). But he chose to go to go an unknown American's backyard to defend his title. He didn't have to.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                Ward shouldn't go over there nor should he even rematch Kessler. But, the big money in here for certain fighters.

Ward is a Top American draw. But, Kessler in Denmark is a bigger draw. If it's about the big money then Ward should go to Denmark. Because, he would make more money in Denmark than he would here.

And, it doesn't matter if it's 600 miles or not. He still fought in foreign territory. Detroit is 600 miles away from Montreal. If the fight is in Montreal who will have be in a more comfortable situation between Bute or Dirrell?
                You lost me. First I disagree that ward would make more money against kessler in denmark. Kessler would command a much bigger piece of the pie at home. In the us ward gets the majority of the purse and can market himself. Who in denmark would buy andre ward merchandise. If the money was better over there then so many fighters wouldn't be coming over(not all come over for just one big fight).

of course bute, that isn't my point at all. If dirrell went up there and then wined about travel I would dog him as well. My point is things are very close in europe. The travel is not excessive and yes they do have very different cultures but also many similarities.

Basically I am saying fighters who complain about going from denmark to england or england to germany are whiners. It really is no different than the scenario you just laid out. I heard no complaints from hopkins when he traveled further to fight pascal

Comment

Originally posted by Manny_ate_myDog View Post
                  I couldn’t disagree with you more.

I’m from Europe and not religious in the slightest however, I am a fan of the game.

Ward is the truth. If you can’t see that, you don’t know boxing.

Fact of the matter is Kessler’s got one of the top 3 crooked promoters in the entire world.
                  Goossen or Sauerland... Same same... Ward is a match spoiler and I really hate watching him fight... You can dislike a certain style and still know boxing

Ward fighting.... Hit, hold, hold, hit, hold, hold, hold, head, hold = Boring

I agree he is the best smw at the moment though...

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    You Yanks are too thick. The distance isn't the key. Its fighting in someone else's backyard.

Kessler is a bigger draw in Denmark.
                    you brits need to say what you mean. If your speaking on home field advantage fine, but I hear complaints from the likes of froch that he has to travel to germany and all ward has to do is go to A.C. Then you euro fans cry about fairness. Everytime I point out how close these places are you change the discusiion.

The distance does matter. This argument is pointless. You really think ward should go to denmark then you sir are the thick one

Comment

You lost me. First I disagree that ward would make more money against kessler in denmark. Kessler would command a much bigger piece of the pie at home. In the us ward gets the majority of the purse and can market himself. Who in denmark would buy andre ward merchandise. If the money was better over there then so many fighters wouldn't be coming over(not all come over for just one big fight).

of course bute, that isn't my point at all. If dirrell went up there and then wined about travel I would dog him as well. My point is things are very close in europe. The travel is not excessive and yes they do have very different cultures but also many similarities.

Basically I am saying fighters who complain about going from denmark to england or england to germany are whiners. It really is no different than the scenario you just laid out. I heard no complaints from hopkins when he traveled further to fight pascal
                      I don't think anyone here is running to buy Ward Merchandise. I think Ward in a rematch that seems Kessler can get a bigger piece of the pie that you're insinuating. Again not that Ward should go or fight him anyways. Just sayin' if you want to mention big money...

You naming a couple of fighters that whine? And, start generalizing...Froch is/was willing to travel with no problem. He didn't whine at all. Hopkins had no problem going to Canada like you mentioned. But, I don't see Ward -like Hopkins- going to Canada to fight Bute. And, U.S and Canada are right next to each other.

You're being very Nationalistic right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X