Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    lol!

oh my gosh.

what is it with all the rematched we dont want to see?

ward and kessler?
    cotto and pacquiao?
    tarver and hopkins?

what the hell is even going on?
    Out of those three, Tarver vs Hopkins would be the best one, on non-PPV, because of pre fight entertainment value only. So much trash talking, something that doesn't happen often now, in the level that those two do it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Lol looks like this could set up a rematch at Cruiser, for Tarver's title. Hopkins the champion in 3 weight classes?
      THAT TITLE IS GARBAGE AND MEANS NOTHING SO NO. However, I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch when Tarver is at 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Out of those three, Tarver vs Hopkins would be the best one, on non-PPV, because of pre fight entertainment value only. So much trash talking, something that doesn't happen often now, in the level that those two do it.

agreed

tarver is also a markedly bigger guy
        and it would allow hopkins to go for title in a third weight division, for whatever the hell that is worth

with tarver's mini resurgence, and hopkins huge decline, you're probably right about it being most competitive

and the trash talk would be supurb

i bet if showtime can get a decent price they'll be all over it

it would probably be a very slow fight, but there would be drama because of tarver's power and the notion that eventually hopkins is going to have nothing left if he keeps fighting and it could happen on that night.

i'd actually put my money on tarver via stoppage if the money is good

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

i'd actually put my money on tarver via stoppage if the money is good

why cuz the Milk Dud ko'd danny the fraud green? lmao tarver still aint **** man, don't be fooled.

Hopkins just beat Pascal two times. Don't be fooled by one and a half rounds of feeling out time against dawson either. That has nothing to do with how he would fight tarver, which I always said is an easy style for hopkins to beat.
          Last edited by ИATAS; 01-25-2012, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Tarver is full of ****! When Jones muscled up to heavyweight and then had to lose 20 plus pounds of muscle (not fat) to fight Tarver, Tarver called it an excuse but then when he had to lose mostly fat (big difference) he complains that he lost because of weight.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              IBO cruiserweight champion Antonio Tarver (29-6, 20KOs), and WBC light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins (52-5-2, 32KOs) engaged in a verbal war on Twitter, as thousands of their followers watched the drama play out. Tarver launched the attack, stating that he's tired of Hopkins attacking him in the press. The two boxers have been at odds since their bout in June 2006, which Hopkins won by way of a dominating twelve round decision. Tarver has always blamed his performance on losing a large amount of weight in a short span of time. To prepare for his role in the Rocky Balboa movie, Tarver had bulked up to heavyweight. Tarver brought up the old theory that someone poisoned him before the fight.

[Click Here To Read More]
              BHOP is really a clown now if he doesn't fight CHAD again,he ducked him for so many years and after the infamous accident he has to prove something...CHAD showed no respect for him inside and outside the ring;TARVER fought CHAD twice without *****ing moves unlike BHOP do....THIS TIME I'M WITH ANTONIO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                why cuz the Milk Dud ko'd danny the fraud green? lmao tarver still aint **** man, don't be fooled.

Hopkins just beat Pascal two times. Don't be fooled by one and a half rounds of feeling out time against dawson either. That has nothing to do with how he would fight tarver, which I always said is an easy style for hopkins to beat.
                Last time I looked it was a draw and a win. Check your facts. One more thing, tell Hopkins he should of stayed on his feet instead of those two legit knockdowns he got in the first fight. Didn't you say something similar in the Marquez/Pac II fight for Marquez?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  Last time I looked it was a draw and a win. Check your facts.
                  Just about everyone with two eyes thought hopkins won. Even the vast majority of NSB who are mostly anti-hopkins thought he won:

One more thing, tell Hopkins he should of stayed on his feet instead of those two legit knockdowns he got in the first fight. Didn't you say something similar in the Marquez/Pac II fight for Marquez?
                  Marquez/Pac II was nothing like Hopkins-Pascal I. I had JMM & Pac winning 6 rounds each with the KD being the difference. Hopkins clearly won the first fight despite suffering two knockdowns. similar to how Bradley clearly beat Holt after being knockdown 3 times or like how klitschko beat peter after being knockdown 3 times, etc. (although I admit it was closer than that fight but klit was still KD 3 times nonetheless).

And we can argue whether or not the first KD was legit which I don't think it was, but it was ruled a KD by the ref so it's irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    Just about everyone with two eyes thought hopkins won. Even the vast majority of NSB who are mostly anti-hopkins thought he won:

Marquez/Pac II was nothing like Hopkins-Pascal I. I had JMM & Pac winning 6 rounds each with the KD being the difference. Hopkins clearly won the first fight despite suffering two knockdowns. similar to how Bradley clearly beat Holt after being knockdown 3 times or like how klitschko beat peter after being knockdown 3 times, etc. (although I admit it was closer than that fight but klit was still KD 3 times nonetheless).

And we can argue whether or not the first KD was legit which I don't think it was, but it was ruled a KD by the ref so it's irrelevant.
                    Hell like 48% think Cotto has a better resume than Floyd on another poll. The poll thing isn't as credible as you think. That's why I don't use them from here. Hopkins did not clearly win. If he didn't get knockdown, then I would agree with you on winning but that's not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                      Hell like 48% think Cotto has a better resume than Floyd on another poll. The poll thing isn't as credible as you think. That's why I don't use them from here. Hopkins did not clearly win. If he didn't get knockdown, then I would agree with you on winning but that's not the case.
                      I honestly don't give a flying fuck if you agree or not almost all major media outlets including pascal's own hometown thought hopkins won. But even if he got the draw & won the rematch, that's still two very good fights from hopkins and the point I made still stands 100%, which is he's not going to get KO'd by Tarver just because nothing happened in 1 and a half rounds against Dawson.

Comment

Working...
                      X